Sign in to follow this  
reesedelrey

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

It's going to be a TV Show, yeah, I would love if they expand the universe, but I hate the idea of making it all again.

omgggg what are they thinking?? it's a classic, it doesn't need a dumb remake. Hollywood are sooo lazy and unimaginative nowadays. im dissapointed in joss for going along with it

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/3511495/buffy-vampire-slayer-getting-small-screen-reboot-exec-producer-joss-whedon/

I really hope they quit the reboot idea, I prefer to watch a new slayer than watching a new version that doesn't live up to the original.

I would much prefer a Fray adaptation or like a mini series with the old cast like the last season of Skins

8nl2OpX.png

I'm actual kind of glad this is happening now that i think about it, it'll just make me apprieciate the original so much more

they can keep it. every Hollywood reboot has been made to jerkoff Generation X and Gen. Millenial's nostalgia and wallets. And they inject these reboot project with unnecessary SJW/modern political commentary into a piece or movie or TV show where the original didn't even included anything regarding to that 

On 8/13/2018 at 6:27 PM, TheBoss said:

I love S6 too! It gets so much hate :defeated:

S3=S6>S5>S2>S4>S7>S1

honestly season 6 has soo many funny, sad and tragic moments. I love it so much

Can we all just have a moment and appreciate how INCREDIBLE Buffy is :crai: @Terrence Loves Me and I need some more stans to freak out with

What are you favourite moments? For me, it's when Willow turned into a white witch, Xander's crayon speech to Willow, and all of Once More With Feeling :flutter:  

Also did anyone watch Angel?

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

@californianfreak the way no one moved 

also YES ive watched angel before, my fav character is definitely fred, i finished buffy the other day so im gonna rewatch angel again soon :beyonce:

i only know of this [iconic, historic, amazing, showstoping, never before do-] show bc  my ex recommended it and we started watching it together.. 3 months later her breaks up with me so i finished watching the whole series alone for the rest of summer 2016 when it was on netflix. Watching this iconic show, and blasting Lemonade by Beyonce, heartbroken... what a fun summer true1

also all seasons have blended together in my memory so I literally cant recall anything and it sucks 

10 hours ago, californianfreak said:

Can we all just have a moment and appreciate how INCREDIBLE Buffy is :crai: @Terrence Loves Me and I need some more stans to freak out with

What are you favourite moments? For me, it's when Willow turned into a white witch, Xander's crayon speech to Willow, and all of Once More With Feeling :flutter:  

Also did anyone watch Angel?

Buffy was one of the best shows of all time :cryney2:. I loved seeing her crazy romance with Spike, or whatever that was lmao. When Dawn came in, things got very interesting as well. I did watch Angel! I loved Lorne. Tbh I really wanted to see Angel and Buffy end up together :bebe:

Has anyone read any of the comic books that continued the series?

On 3/30/2021 at 6:15 PM, Terrence Loves Me said:

@californianfreak the way no one moved 

also YES ive watched angel before, my fav character is definitely fred, i finished buffy the other day so im gonna rewatch angel again soon :beyonce:

Ooh on Angel my fav is Cordy!! I just watched the episode where she ascended and I was sobbing so much :crai:  It was incredible seeing how she grew as a person over Buffy and Angel.  She went from rich, snobby cheerleader to down to earth, selfless hero. I love Lorne as well, he is hilarious! I like Fred too but I think it took me a while to adjust to her. But ever since the episode where she found her place in the team, I warmed to her a lot more!

On 3/30/2021 at 6:48 PM, littleseashell said:

Buffy was one of the best shows of all time :cryney2:. I loved seeing her crazy romance with Spike, or whatever that was lmao. When Dawn came in, things got very interesting as well. I did watch Angel! I loved Lorne. Tbh I really wanted to see Angel and Buffy end up together :bebe:

Has anyone read any of the comic books that continued the series?

YES IT WAS!!!! The way it pulls you in and gets you so attached to the characters is just amazing!! Spike and Dru were always weird characters because even though they were villains I really liked them!! Especially Spike from around season 4/5. And Darla... she was terrifying but at the same time I loved her character too!! Ugh so many characters were just amazing :crai: and yeah I always hoped Angel and Buffy would find a way to be together... I hoped Angel would do what Spike did to get his soul back because then he would not have to worry about losing it to the curse! 

I never read the comic books. Have you? Are they worth it?

- - - 

ALSO what were your favourite metaphors?? I loved watching an episode then thinking about what it represented. Like for example...

• Drug addiction and Willow in Season 6 of Buffy
  • Alcoholism in the Angel where the Sluks infect people and in Buffy where they all turn into neanderthals for beer
  • Catfishing in the episode where Willow falls for a robot online (Buffy)
  • High school can be a hellish place (because the hellmouth is literally in the school

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png