Sign in to follow this  
Macintosh Manhattan

Barrie-James O'Neill Says Lana Broke Up With Him Via Interview

selfish and childish but i'm sure she had her own reasoning or rationale and the only reason there's isn't any ~bad blood~ between them is because he knows her well enough to know that there probably wasn't any malice behind it. either that, or he's doing it for publicity and he doesn't want to burn the entire bridge down quite yet 

:illuminataylor:

ZRBNill.jpg

I don't really wanna break up, we got it going on

It's what you gathered from my talk but you were wrong

What if The Blackest Day is from Barrie's perspective? :barrie:

The way I've always interpreted it is that the whole song is from Lana's perspective, but she's characterizing how Barrie interpreted her attempt to broach the issue.

It's (referring to Barrie's understanding) what you gathered from my talk but you were wrong

In other words, what Barrie gathered from her attempts to talk to him was that everything was fine, but they really weren't. And the next lines suggest his misunderstanding occurred perhaps at least in part because she was unclear, maybe because she has a hard time talking about it.

I have heavy heartstrings

I'm not simple, it's trigonometry

It's hard to express

I can't explain

Barrie's account is not inconsistent with some comments she has made about their breakup in interviews:

Your life is always turned into headlines Like the recent rumours about your recent relationship. It was said you had broken up, but now I heard that your boyfriend Barrien-James O'Neill told TMZ that it's complete bullshit.

– I mean… I… I didn't use to talk publicly about my relationships. Because things change all the time. But after not seeing him for several months and people still asking me about him I just said no we're not together right now. And when he got to Los Angeles today and he ran into TMZ I don't think he knew what to say. Sometimes it's not real until you're faced with a camera and somebody asking you.

It sounds like she may have stopped seeing him, but never officially told him it was over.

In other words, the fadeaway or ghosting.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Hmmm I find it weird she would do that and there's no bad blood between them, must be a bit more to the story. The way Lana talks about love though I find it difficult to believe she could throw someone away like that, I mean when she released VG she spoke so much about honoring love.

qsVmBMd.png

It's what you gathered from my talk but you were wrong

What if The Blackest Day is from Barrie's perspective? :barrie:

12107720_1731463040414878_64783287950157

illerminati 

"it's not simple it's trigonometry"

:godlaugh:  :illumilana:  :illumilana:  :illumilana:

theory: lana broke up with him because Grant was programmed with a number of personalities; May Jailer, and Lizzy Grant to name a few. She performed in clubs, under the names of multiple personalities, and even recorded a demo album in 2005-2006 under the name, May Jailer. At age twenty, Grant signed a music contract, the album was shelved. Years later Grant, signed to the Indie label, 5 Point Records. While on the label, Grant released her first album Lana Del Rey aka Lizzy Grant. Even though marketed by her father, the album tanked so badly was removed from iTunes. Grant brought herself out of the record deal, her team scrubbed the internet clean of anything Lizzy Grant, and Grant was reprogrammed. Grant reemerged a year later with her hair dyed (a trigger symbolizing a switch in her personalities) going by a new name; Lana Del Rey, showing the singer was either reprogrammed, or her handlers called on a personality not used before.

Grant is due to be a puppet for the rest of her life, but has been one long enough to know how to survive. She seduces her handlers to make them love her, rather than abuse her like other puppets. She knows that if she ever tries to break free she’ll die, so she wont fight back. She’ll just ‘ride’ it out (no pun intended). After the song ends another monologue begins. She is shown crawling with her handler, then fooling around with all of her handlers in different settings. Her behavior is rather animalistic almost cat-like as she says ‘Be wild’ yet again showing her Beta Programming. She is shown holding a gun, aiming it at one of her handlers. Possibly symbolizing Delta Programming otherwise known as assassin programming.

Maybe they had a breakup conversation where she thought it was clear that she'd ended it and he didn't realize that's what had happened...

He said he went to see her in London but she couldn't stay for long and he was chilling at the hotel when he found out. So they were together, she left for the USA and then the interview came out.

Barrie's account is not inconsistent with some comments she has made about their breakup in interviews:

It sounds like she may have stopped seeing him, but never officially told him it was over.

In other words, the fadeaway or ghosting.

She said she hadn't seen him for months. They were spotted together in LA early in April and then Rob posted photos of Barrie backstage in Lana's show in Texas (April 23rd). After that Barrie left for Glasgow for his brother's wedding where he stayed there for a month. In June Barrie was in London with Lana as he stated in this interview. Here's a photo of Barrie and Blake posted in June 19th:

wa3ak9.jpg

A few days later the interview was released. Barrie traveled back to LA and run into TMZ stating it's all lies but a few days after that the photos of Lana and Francesco in Italy were published. So in the one month Barrie was absent Francesco got between them? Whatever happened, it was definately not several months, just one month Barrie left for his brother's wedding. 

www.insidemyintrovertmind.blogspot.gr

i did not know he was at the Dallas show, so i shared a roof with him for a few hours. 

ok so i have always had a thought that Lana may not be monogamous in her relationships a la "freedom land of the 70s." when i've read through Lanalysis and then the quick Barrie to Frencesco thing made me wonder if she is poly or is somewhere between monogamy and polygamy on the relationship scale. it sure would help explain how she is the whole world's girl

i did not know he was at the Dallas show, so i shared a roof with him for a few hours. 

ok so i have always had a thought that Lana may not be monogamous in her relationships a la "freedom land of the 70s." when i've read through Lanalysis and then the quick Barrie to Frencesco thing made me wonder if she is poly or is somewhere between monogamy and polygamy on the relationship scale. it sure would help explain how she is the whole world's girl

uhhhhh i think that line is more "i want everyone in the world to love and admire me" than a statement about sexuality

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

am I the only one who thinks it's kinda strange Lana dropped Barrie after UV and then Francesco after HM? I feel like she grows into these different moods every year or so, changes up her whole game, inspirations and likes, and drops the old boyfriends for new exciting ones. Maybe it's just me, but I'm thinking Lana should date someone as complex as her so when she morphs again, he can morph by her side. or maybe she just a playa :creep:

I mean in the dailymail article of she and Frans split, it says that she wanted to settle down and he wasnt with it. If that is the case then good riddance. You cant stay with someone who doesnt want what you want. She feels like she's getting old and she's ready, she needs someone who she doesnt have to take care of (Barrie), or a man that's not wanting what she wants (Franc). Lana's too old for games.

he said , she said,.. lol..

BUT, we do know that Lizzy has lied and been caught lying on occasions.. We don't know of occasions, where

Barrie or Frans have lied about things.. (at least that we know of..), so? who knows.. and like someone above mentioned,

no one here knows Lizzy or Barrie or Frans, or anyone close to them..

i'm still not fully convinced she broke up, (or Frans) broke up with her, we are all just assuming based on tabloids..

Time will tell. I think Lizzy is a hard person to get along with.. some people are like that.. may not always be the 'guy is an asshole'..

12107720_1731463040414878_64783287950157

illerminati 

"it's not simple it's trigonometry"

:godlaugh:  :illumilana:  :illumilana:  :illumilana:

theory: lana broke up with him because Grant was programmed with a number of personalities; May Jailer, and Lizzy Grant to name a few. She performed in clubs, under the names of multiple personalities, and even recorded a demo album in 2005-2006 under the name, May Jailer. At age twenty, Grant signed a music contract, the album was shelved. Years later Grant, signed to the Indie label, 5 Point Records. While on the label, Grant released her first album Lana Del Rey aka Lizzy Grant. Even though marketed by her father, the album tanked so badly was removed from iTunes. Grant brought herself out of the record deal, her team scrubbed the internet clean of anything Lizzy Grant, and Grant was reprogrammed. Grant reemerged a year later with her hair dyed (a trigger symbolizing a switch in her personalities) going by a new name; Lana Del Rey, showing the singer was either reprogrammed, or her handlers called on a personality not used before.

Grant is due to be a puppet for the rest of her life, but has been one long enough to know how to survive. She seduces her handlers to make them love her, rather than abuse her like other puppets. She knows that if she ever tries to break free she’ll die, so she wont fight back. She’ll just ‘ride’ it out (no pun intended). After the song ends another monologue begins. She is shown crawling with her handler, then fooling around with all of her handlers in different settings. Her behavior is rather animalistic almost cat-like as she says ‘Be wild’ yet again showing her Beta Programming. She is shown holding a gun, aiming it at one of her handlers. Possibly symbolizing Delta Programming otherwise known as assassin programming.

lol i think you've been reading the website Vigilant Citizen too much. Illuminati conspiracy theories are interesting

It's nice to hear Barrie's account on the events that took place around the break-up. I am sure there are more details that aren't being mentioned from both parties, but either way, I am glad that Barrie didn't look to sully Lana's name or vice-versa. It seems like they still have a lot of respect for each other.

Honestly, regardless of how it looks or came off to anyone else, I appreciate Barrie's candor regarding Lana's possible experience dating him; when he admitted that it may not have been easy dating him because of his depression, and him feeling like a hindrance, that showed a lot of introspection to me. And I guess it just hit home because I was in a relationship for four years, and at that time, I was extremely depressed and my ex (who is still my best friend,) had his own things going on, too.

Sometimes, caring about someone and caring for someone can become painful and confusing—and it shouldn't be. You know you adore the person, you want to comfort them, you want to protect them, you want them to be happy. However, in a relationship between two people who are in a rough patch, it's difficult to find that happy medium where you're both the confidant for one another.

You feel pathetic when you're having a hard time getting out of your "world" so that you could be there for the other person, and they end up investing whatever energy they have, to go into your "world" with you and comfort you instead. You know they don't "mind" because they love you, but you also know that they've got a "world" they could use your help dealing with, too, and it's draining them to try to manage both at once. You don't mean to seem so self-wallowing, you really do care—but when you're depressed like that, trying to get out of your head to be there for them, is like being in a dream where you tell your body to run, and feel it running, but you're still frozen in place.

It seems like Barrie cared a lot about what Lana was going through, too, he didn't know how to comfort her because he didn't know how to comfort himself; he didn't know how to be his best confidant. It seems like he acknowledges there was a co-dependency in the relationship; while it's great to be one of many sources for someone's happiness, when you're relied on to be that constant source of happiness for someone, it really takes a toll on you, too. I feel Barrie understood that and sympathized with how exhausted Lana must have felt trying to be that source for him.

I'm sorry for the long-winded post, but I wanted to share my take on it. I always felt the LanaxBarrie relationship got the most flack around here, and still continues to. Whether you loved the pairing or didn't, it was still a relationship between two people who probably still care for each other a lot, at best. They're both working through their own things and even if they will (most likely,) never see this topic, I think it's just important to remember that they're still human. They're still as susceptible to the tribulations that come with the human condition. I don't blame either of them or think any less of them, and it sounds like they really don't want to with one another, either.

TL;DR: Vinny went on one of his tangents.

Stop whining and write a song about it, B!! I mean really... :whatever2:

Bless his heart, at least he inspired the masterpiece The Blackest Day for us, I'm forever grateful :oprah:

From what one reads, Lana was/is the primary person involved in the upbringing of her now old enough brother and sister for many years of their lives.

Seems like with all the problems he had, he was becoming more like either that, or a wounded puppy or kitten and while perhaps friends, perhaps lovers, perhaps wanting to move into the permanent relationship and children of her own, it was either grow up and perhaps she gave him wings to fly, and if it was meant to be, it will be, if not, it won't.

It is always honorable of Lana to never run to the media and blab blab blab about her relationships, except in very broad terms every so often, but she doesn't dish the dirt like

so many others who blather on constantly about their lovers (Taylor Swift, take a bow, Adele come on down).

How refreshing in this media TMZ age to not be part of that.

Lana's sole wish in everything is the music is what the artiste' releases. Not all the noise that seemingly every other singer/actor feels they need to do. Not publicity. Not dirt.

And once a year for a week or two do a few interviews, and if she desires a few months of touring.

Amazing that time and again, so many negative people on this board take everyones side by hers.

It is great she has family and her friends in her private life to talk to and confide in.

It is none of our business.  There is not one person here who needs to know. Go stand on a checkout line and read the rags.

Personally, I think Honeymoon is Elizabeth looking at Lana looking at Elizabeth looking at Lana looking at Elizabeth, and is a Hollywood movie ala Sunset Blvd.

And in High by the beach, she showed what she thought of gossip, Hollywood style.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

lol i think you've been reading the website Vigilant Citizen too much. Illuminati conspiracy theories are interesting

lol I didn't actually write that. I copied and pasted it from the first link that came up when I googled "Lana illuminati" lol

They are interesting though. It's like reading a scifi novel. How do people come up with these things??