Sitar

Elvis

Summer hail and summer stranger

Could this line be "Summer hell and summer stranger"? That's what I've always heard, and it makes more sense to me than hail. Besides, I've always felt "summer hell" was much more evocative of the song's air of desperation  :flutter:

o4qjp4j.png

I know the comment I'm replying to was written in 2015, but 'chantilly lace catching on the chandelier' makes me think someone was taking off her lingerie and throwing it out of the way in their passion.

He loves me with every beat of his cocaine heart.

I know the comment I'm replying to was written in 2015, but 'chantilly lace catching on the chandelier' makes me think someone was taking off her lingerie and throwing it out of the way in their passion.

True that. But when's the last time you've seen a chandelier in a low-ceilinged room, and how hard would it be to throw lace up there? This might reinforce the idea that they were floating; however, I also recognize that she likes to be ambiguous.

Could this line be "Summer hell and summer stranger"? That's what I've always heard, and it makes more sense to me than hail. Besides, I've always felt "summer hell" was much more evocative of the song's air of desperation  :flutter:

I always thought she was saying 'some are' not summer

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

sorry to bump this thread but this line always reminds me of this scene in the office :toofunny:

I AM DYING 

but also i pray there's a studio version of this song, like 1949 

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

omg just had a revelation.

Platinum and veil, acrylics skim the paper for the critics 

makes sense because veil links back to chantilly lace. Because of the way the sentence was broken I always thought the words platinum and "vale" or whatever was describing the colour of her acrylic nails. But it's her with her platinum hair wearing a veil (like in the yayo video!) skimming through the paper with her acrylic nails  :deadbanana:

These lyrics are so great, paint such a picture.

However I am now hearing "white kind of" to be a pretty big reach in the first chorus especially  :poordat: but in te last chorus I hear it  :deadbanana:

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

=still haunting and great

The time for you my dear is coming

tenor.gif?itemid=9104812

Your resurrection is upon us

occasionally i get this song on the brain, and every time i really just marvel at it

truly one of her best -- i don't know if she ever has or ever will top some of the imagery and mood set here

It's a very unique aesthetic so probably not.

On 1/11/2017 at 6:35 PM, Trash Magic said:

Platinum and veil, acrylics skim the paper for the critics 

i like to think it's this because it's so pretty

also, i think it's

sweeping sands and blue hydrangea

summer hail and summer stranger

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix