LadyLazarus

Weird theory about "Ray"

Okay, I have just listened to some of Lanas unreleased song and something occured to me.In a few songs a person called "Ray" is mentioned and I always wondered who that is. In Raise Me Up she sings " Let me talk on your CB, what? Let me play with your new shotgun". Of course everyone can have a shotgun in the US but who has a CB? Isn't that mostly for members of the police? And since she sings about Ray can we assume that Ray is a police officer? Then I noticed that in Playing dangerous she also mentions a police officer, so again it's a theme. Now to my theory: in "Kill Kill" she again talks about Ray. " Do I know Ray is going to meet you?" The song is most definitely about K who was arrested as we all know so maybe Ray is a police officer that took K away or that is at least somehow involved in the case. It would fit since the song is about "a dying man" and perhaps Lana wonders when they are going to arrest him because she is aware of the amount of crimes he committed. Of course it's purely speculative and it might be a bit of a stretch but what's your opinion on this and what is your theory about "Ray"?

:P

And in Backfire she says..."Officer Brown's always coming around."

OK, fair enough, it rhymes with downtown, lol. But imagine his name is Officer Ray Brown...conspiracy theory.

in "Kill Kill" she again talks about Ray. " Do I know Ray is going to meet you?" The song is most definitely about K who was arrested as we all know so maybe Ray is a police officer that took K away or that is at least somehow involved in the case. 

wait...  :hdu:

RVhKIwP.gif

She actually knows a RAY that we know of, it's a friend of his father. And I already said that in some spanish speaking countries women take the men last names and it writes "DEL menlastname" aka "DEL RAY/REY". But like Heartcore said, she probably just took the name to make it rhyme.

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

lana is a m-f transgender ex cop

omfg it makes complete sense!!1! She was called May jailor because she was putting all the tax evading daddies into jail!!1!! LANA DEL REY IS A FRONT FOR THE FBI TAX SQUAD! Money Power Glory is the authorities' warning to shady businessmen/clergymen worldwide! :hooker:

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Oh, I really like this theory. There're so many mysteries about this Ray guy that I always enjoy new "findings" even though they are pure speculations.

She actually knows a RAY that we know of, it's a friend of his father. And I already said that in some spanish speaking countries women take the men last names and it writes "DEL menlastname" aka "DEL RAY/REY". But like Heartcore said, she probably just took the name to make it rhyme.

The guy you're referring to is probably Ray Dillman. His family seems to play an important role for those T.R.A.F.F.I.C. events the Grant family used to go to. He and Lizzy definitely know each other but I have no evidence that they had a romantic relationship or that he is where the "Del Ray/Rey" came from.

Here's a picture of Lizzy and Ray, in case you haven't seen it.
tumblr_inline_mhwu1x5CHV1qz4rgp.jpg

However some time ago Lana stated in an interview with Intro magazine that her name actually originates from Delray Beach in Florida where her then boyfriend came from. But funnily this also applies to Ray Dillman who according to his Facebook profile did not only go to a school near Delray Beach but also lived/lives near it...

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

I believe that Ray is Arthur Lynn. I don't have a ton of evidence to back it up, but in Wayamaya she says 'We changed our names to Lana and Ray'. This line immediately stood out to me, as I had seen this before. It's a blog post that Arthur made while they were dating and it's tagged 'true love' (so cute) and so I'm wondering if they liked those names or if they had any significance to them and that's what inspired the line from Wayamaya and maybe even her stage name, as she was dating him around the time she made the name change. 

Of course I could be wrong, but with the way the timeline lines up and and the post he made, I feel it's at the very least more than a coincidence. The only thing I can't place my finger on is Raise Me Up, but oh well. If you want to learn more about her relationship with Arthur, this is an awesome read.

Deleted photo of T.R.A.F.F.I.C. Ray and presumed significant other.

the downfall is great

This seems really unnecessary to me and is why I hate the internet. Partly because I think his name is just coincidence and that if "Ray" refers to any real person and isn't just a name she likes, it's probably Arthur Lynn. Of course, I could be wrong about that. But either way, we're seriously gonna drag some random innocent girl, who's probably perfectly nice and looks perfectly fine, just because she's not as hot as a celebrity her presumed significant other had some tenuous connection with? Also disappointing considering it's coming from someone who has himself suggested he once was less attractive than at present.

Man, one of the things I hate most about this fanbase is how Lana's emphasis on style and glamour (especially during the BTD phase of her career) really seems to have attracted a lot fans that focus on superficialities.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

... on a lighter note, I was in Florida with my mom for Christmas and she asked me if I wanted to see the giant Christmas tree in the city of Delray Beach and I said yes.

*giggle* :creep:

... on a lighter note, I was in Florida with my mom for Christmas and she asked me if I wanted to see the giant Christmas tree in the city of Delray Beach and I said yes.

*giggle* :creep:

Another note,

I recently watched the movie CRAZY that your avatar is from. T was great. Fucked me up.

This seems really unnecessary to me and is why I hate the internet. Partly because I think his name is just coincidence and that if "Ray" refers to any real person and isn't just a name she likes, it's probably Arthur Lynn. Of course, I could be wrong about that. But either way, we're seriously gonna drag some random innocent girl, who's probably perfectly nice and looks perfectly fine, just because she's not as hot as a celebrity her presumed significant other had some tenuous connection with? Also disappointing considering it's coming from someone who has himself suggested he once was less attractive than at present.

Man, one of the things I hate most about this fanbase is how Lana's emphasis on style and glamour (especially during the BTD phase of her career) really seems to have attracted a lot fans that focus on superficialities.

He wasn't dragging the nice looking girl, he was dragging ARTHUR 

Correct to catch me on my fault re: invasion of someone's privacy. However, to be clear I was not talking about the girl - I was talking about the guy who seemed to have let himself go. Still superficial and petty, admittedly.