Trash Magic

Dua Lipa

Okay posting this because the second I finished listening to Fever I knew it reminded me of another song and I just realised which one. Anyone else hear the similarities?

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

2 minutes ago, Trash Magic said:

Okay posting this because the second I finished listening to Fever I knew it reminded me of another song and I just realised which one. Anyone else hear the similarities?

i haven't listened to fever but yeah stan raye

22 minutes ago, Trash Magic said:

Ugh this is such a good song. I remember when Raye and Mabel had drama after the release. Glad they made up 

lilkimxchapelle.png

On 10/30/2020 at 9:00 PM, vodkaa said:

sorta random. do u think they'd release like a special version of Club Future Nostalgia, like on neon green vinyl or something? I think the cover's alrite, but it just seems kinda plain w how FN had a pink and blue.

I doubt it. I'm pretty sure they weren't planning on releasing it on vinyl at all and only changed their mind because fans voiced their demand. 

As much as I love coloured vinyl releases (as long as they make sense alongside the cover and other artwork), I think it's actually somewhat refreshing to see a major artist releasing something "only" on classic black vinyl, and especially for a mixtape-styled remix album it kinda fits IMO. 

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Future Nostalgia + Deluxe Edition + Club Future Nostalgia (+ perhaps even Studio 2054) kind of boxset later on, which might come on coloured vinyl. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

1 hour ago, SlowGinFizzzz said:

I doubt it. I'm pretty sure they weren't planning on releasing it on vinyl at all and only changed their mind because fans voiced their demand. 

As much as I love coloured vinyl releases (as long as they make sense alongside the cover and other artwork), I think it's actually somewhat refreshing to see a major artist releasing something "only" on classic black vinyl, and especially for a mixtape-styled remix album it kinda fits IMO. 

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Future Nostalgia + Deluxe Edition + Club Future Nostalgia (+ perhaps even Studio 2054) kind of boxset later on, which might come on coloured vinyl. 

exactly this.... I'm already thinking of getting the pink vinyl nc, well I just like it, but I know since she's more of like, a solid act rn, that they might do something else and I don't wanna end up having to have all these different versions of the same record. that's just something I do for Lana. 

black standard's fine, I think I've just gotten used to a lot of releases not being that so it can seem, almost ironically out of the ordinary atm 

UV/Honeymoon

3 hours ago, vodkaa said:

exactly this.... I'm already thinking of getting the pink vinyl nc, well I just like it, but I know since she's more of like, a solid act rn, that they might do something else and I don't wanna end up having to have all these different versions of the same record. that's just something I do for Lana. 

2 hours ago, wahyun said:

i already promised to myself i won't buy anything (physically) from this era until it ends, i have 5 versions of dua lipa :flop:

Me having Dua Lipa (German 17-track edition), Dua Lipa (Italian edition because of Bang Bang), Dua Lipa (pink marbled vinyl), Dua Lipa: Complete Edition (Japanese edition), and Dua Lipa: Complete Edition (3LP vinyl) sksksksksk.  :flop:

I "only" have the Future Nostalgia picture disc and the yellow vinyl, but seeing those pictures of the yellow, pink, and blue vinyl next to each other, I'm kinda pissed I didn't get them all.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

9 minutes ago, SlowGinFizzzz said:

Me having Dua Lipa (German 17-track edition), Dua Lipa (Italian edition because of Bang Bang), Dua Lipa (pink marbled vinyl), Dua Lipa: Complete Edition (Japanese edition), and Dua Lipa: Complete Edition (3LP vinyl) sksksksksk.  :flop:

I "only" have the Future Nostalgia picture disc and the yellow vinyl, but seeing those pictures of the yellow, pink, and blue vinyl next to each other, I'm kinda pissed I didn't get them all.

honestly I usually just pick favorites bc I don't wanna end up collecting everything but I get u on that too bc w Lana, it's the same way w me yeah more or less. just not w Dua. she's cool, but  it's just not in me to get everything of hers nothing personal, just plainly put. it feels like sometimes I've gotten a bit deep w Lana and I don't wanna make it a habit w everyone hahahahahahahahaha 

UV/Honeymoon

7 minutes ago, vodkaa said:

honestly I usually just pick favorites bc I don't wanna end up collecting everything but I get u on that too bc w Lana, it's the same way w me yeah more or less. just not w Dua. she's cool, but  it's just not in me to get everything of hers nothing personal, just plainly put. it feels like sometimes I've gotten a bit deep w Lana and I don't wanna make it a habit w everyone hahahahahahahahaha 

Definitely, collecting vinyl and even just CDs is... expensive! :defeated:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Definitely, collecting vinyl and even just CDs is... expensive! :defeated:

seriouusssly. and lol this might be like leaps, but I just don't wanna get in too depp, bc I know I have a habit for having to complete stuff, so every purchase is like, testing that hahahahahahahaha :ahhney::prettyhurts::oprah:

UV/Honeymoon

2 minutes ago, vodkaa said:

seriouusssly. and lol this might be like leaps, but I just don't wanna get in too depp, bc I know I have a habit for having to complete stuff, so every purchase is like, testing that hahahahahahahaha :ahhney::prettyhurts::oprah:

Speaking of, the Troye Sivan vinyls have shipped, I hope you're excited... :creep: 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

11 hours ago, partymonster said:

wait what was the drama

they unfollowed each other after Cigarette dropped, then refollowed quite some time later. Now they're besties :)

Nobody really knows what happened. Sidenote I don't think Dua and Raye like each other.

Speaking of, the Troye Sivan vinyls have shipped, I hope you're excited... :creep: 

I was on the other thread I still ammmmm. I just got the exclusive version this time. was gonna get the ocean one bc I just loved it, but at the same time I was looking at the detail and was a bit worried that it wouldn't look that good, and I know there's like a pop up card or something so I'm lowkey kinda geeking out hahahahahahahaha. I'm just a sucker for a well packaged/promoted thing, so yeah the music's great YES. wish it were an album, but the EP's fine as is. it's just so good u want more of it u know? but anyway yes hahahahahahahaha

UV/Honeymoon

13 hours ago, vodkaa said:

I was on the other thread I still ammmmm. I just got the exclusive version this time. was gonna get the ocean one bc I just loved it, but at the same time I was looking at the detail and was a bit worried that it wouldn't look that good, and I know there's like a pop up card or something so I'm lowkey kinda geeking out hahahahahahahaha. I'm just a sucker for a well packaged/promoted thing, so yeah the music's great YES. wish it were an album, but the EP's fine as is. it's just so good u want more of it u know? but anyway yes hahahahahahahaha

So to get back on topic, it seems like the FN + CFN CD will be widely available, whereas I haven't seen the vinyl version anywhere outside of Dua's website and the various Warner stores so far. ALSO, Fever music video coming on Friday!

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

14 minutes ago, Fat Mike said:

I hope Dua has a new album out in 2021. I love all the stuff she's been doing with her friends lately, with Madonna, etc.  

But I also want a Future Nostalgia follow-up that's just Dua. Do you know what I mean, Duaheads? Future Nostalgia is one of the greatest albums of all time IMHO. 

immediately no, that sounds so gross

negAbhB.png