Trash Magic

Dua Lipa

why is every outtake from FN better than the bonus tracks from the Moonlight Edition (except That Kind of Woman is fucking incredible. She's the Flipside of Dua's discography: should have been on the standard edition. Honestly, it should have replaced either Good In Bed or Boys Will Be Boys)

negAbhB.png

I honestly love Good In Bed, it shows off more that funky cocky disco side of FN that I LOVE, I found it quite a versatile track, I would've loved if she had shot a minimalistic colorful video like St Vincent New York/Los Ageless. It makes me sad that it had such a lukewarm reception with the fans.

BWBB is good too, however it does sticks out like in any context in the FN world, I would've prefered if it was released like a campaign single or something. And yeah TME is a mess and a half although I like the tracks but the tracklist is pure shit, it can choke on it.

8nl2OpX.png

1 minute ago, TheBoss said:

I honestly love Good In Bed, it shows off more that funky cocky disco side of FN that I LOVE, I found it quite a versatile track, I would've loved if she had shot a minimalistic colorful video like St Vincent New York/Los Ageless. It makes me sad that it had such a lukewarm reception with the fans.

BWBB is good too, however it does sticks out like in any context in the FN world, I would've prefered if it was released like a campaign single or something. And yeah TME is a mess and a half although I like the tracks but the tracklist is pure shit, it can choke on it.

i keep going back and forth on Good In Bed. I'm like ehh but then I remember "damn we know how to fuuuuuuuuuuuck" and i love her again but she's one of my least listened to song from the album other than BWBB

negAbhB.png

2 minutes ago, godsmonster said:

i keep going back and forth on Good In Bed. I'm like ehh but then I remember "damn we know how to fuuuuuuuuuuuck" and i love her again but she's one of my least listened to song from the album other than BWBB

The Zach Witness Remix is EVERYTHING, such a great and different take on the track, by far my fav remix from the era

8nl2OpX.png

6 minutes ago, DaddyKnows said:

It was even originally more electronic than the final version. They reworked it to fit into something more "classic".

Yeah I heard that snippet, I'm glad they changed it tho! it's not the production the trouble for me it's mostly the lyrics (which I love) that basically have nothing to do with the context of the album or with 99% of the tracks that came from the FN sessions. I feel like FN doesn't really feel like it's BWBB home.

8nl2OpX.png

4 minutes ago, DaddyKnows said:

Yeah, she also could've rearranged the tracklist for the repackage, but Warner really made this era worth it, even with the global situation.

ABSOLUTELY, this album was my 2020, it's dumb but it was have been an even more shittty year without this era lol

8nl2OpX.png

3 hours ago, godsmonster said:

is this Moonlight Version of Not My Problem a demo?

Nope. The Moonchild Version is a mashup with a type beat produced by Pacific that I found on YouTube.

Also OMG Roses & Fire :oprah: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

9 minutes ago, godsmonster said:

oh my god, the bridge of Firestarter is INCREDIBLE

could you imagine how amazing it would be live? especially on a TV performance?!

I KNOW, something like she used to do with High but with a x1000 better choreo :defeated:

8nl2OpX.png

this is my Side B tracklist:

1. If It Ain't Me (feat. Normani)

2. Ball and Chain

3. Jealousy

4. Cherry

5. Talk About It

6. 25/8

7. Firestarter

8. Act of God (feat. Ant Clemons)

9. Guilty

10. Bad Idea

11. Secrets

12. All To Myself

13. Love Is Religion

negAbhB.png

16 minutes ago, drewby said:

People have been begging for Roses & Fire for years and it's a bit of a mess? 

Is really underwhelming isn't it? I thought that Roses & Fire was the Smoke & Mirrors snippet song lol Not at all what I expected

8nl2OpX.png

3 hours ago, godsmonster said:

this is my Side B tracklist:

1. If It Ain't Me (feat. Normani)

2. Ball and Chain

3. Jealousy

4. Cherry

5. Talk About It

6. 25/8

7. Firestarter

8. Act of God (feat. Ant Clemons)

9. Guilty

10. Bad Idea

11. Secrets

12. All To Myself

13. Love Is Religion

you will expand more as Naked, What I like might leak soon and maybe Delicious.

8 hours ago, HEARTCORE said:

does anyone have any good fanmade albums for the DL1 outtakes...i originally had them as disc 2 of the complete edition but theres too many lmao

Working on it. When I finish it I'll share it here :wink: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2: