Trash Magic

Dua Lipa

Just now, cinnamongirI said:

well

makes sense, dont wanna stick with the same sound for too long

i hope it's still "experimental" (idk the right word) as FN and not basic shit like DL1

negAbhB.png

Why the sudden hate with DL1? id rather have a natural and "experimental" era like DL1 a 1000 times than the totally produced for radio and billboard cd like FN (even though is still good and at the end of the day served most of the time best leaks than the og album tracklist but thats tea for another discussion)

12 hours ago, LunaeManifestum said:

Why the sudden hate with DL1? id rather have a natural and "experimental" era like DL1 a 1000 times than the totally produced for radio and billboard cd like FN (even though is still good and at the end of the day served most of the time best leaks than the og album tracklist but thats tea for another discussion)

because although DL1 is great, there’s nothing too special about it - it’s just a random collection of cool, basic pop songs - and frankly I would love another amazingly executed era/aesthetic rather than an h&m playlist 

She can go (almost) any genre of her choosing, but as long as the instrumentals stay as rich as FN's. That's MY big problem with DL1: catchy but generic & basic instrumentals with next to no thought in them and that go nowhere.

FN >>>> DL1 and I really have to question the judgment of anyone who thinks otherwise nnn

dl1 is good, sounded fresh, was catchy, was fun, was iconic. there are lots of bops and smash in there and some of her most iconic songs ever. i'd love the comeback of her dark pop days. serve me a bad together, a begging, a want to, even a running.. queen!

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

(Maybe) unpopular opinion but I think I'd like Dua to go for a different sound. Still pop, but different to her previous eras. I love both albums for different reasons and vibe to them, but I wanna see her make something yet different.

Not that I wouldn't like a flashback to her previous albums, though :dua: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

12 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

dl1 is good, sounded fresh, was catchy, was fun, was iconic. there are lots of bops and smash in there and some of her most iconic songs ever. i'd love the comeback of her dark pop days. serve me a bad together, a begging, a want to, even a running.. queen!

nah, give us

Bang Bang, Between A Bullet and a Heartbreak, Running, Want To type dark

however i feel she needs to more forward and try different sounds so she doesn't stagnate

negAbhB.png

Just now, godsmonster said:

nah, give us

Bang Bang, Between A Bullet and a Heartbreak, Running, Want To type dark

however i feel she needs to more forward and try different sounds so she doesn't stagnate

yes of course, we want her to experiment and try different things first. i just wouldn't be mad if we get a throwback, but i'm sure she's gonna reinvent herself well.

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

Just now, Nightmare said:

yes of course, we want her to experiment and try different things first. i just wouldn't be mad if we get a throwback, but i'm sure she's gonna reinvent herself well.

yesss a lil throwback would be so nice

esp since she's improved so much as an artist, an updated take on her New Love sound would slay

negAbhB.png

Whoa, Nelly! should be the blueprint for her next steps since she's referenced it so many times and it is apparent from Not My Problem and Firestarter that she is kind of leaning into that throwback sound. She has the charisma to pull off something a bit more left field like this 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

15 minutes ago, Trash Magic said:

Whoa, Nelly! should be the blueprint for her next steps since she's referenced it so many times and it is apparent from Not My Problem and Firestarter that she is kind of leaning into that throwback sound. She has the charisma to pull off something a bit more left field like this 

yes this sound and Lily Allen sound too

21 hours ago, TRENCH said:

imagine if she does late 90s - mid 2000s pop 

Her Loose era? :oprah2: Who could ever be against that?

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????