Trash Magic

Dua Lipa

On 4/4/2021 at 4:00 AM, Honeysuckle said:

this site caught me by surprise ngl :xgiggle: anyway, i hate when they put those goddamn tags all over the snippet, i can't hear shit

On the first listen I thought that robo-voice was Madonna :rip:

1 hour ago, Trash Magic said:

Whoa, Nelly! should be the blueprint for her next steps since she's referenced it so many times and it is apparent from Not My Problem and Firestarter that she is kind of leaning into that throwback sound. She has the charisma to pull off something a bit more left field like this 

28 minutes ago, lamms said:

Her Loose era? :oprah2: Who could ever be against that?

now knowing this,... what if she collabed with Timberland, Missy Elliot, Furtado and JT?!?!

omg my mind... intelligent 

not me getting my hopes up for DL3 being timbaland produced 00's rnb-pop greatness when it will have 25 songs that sound like the chainsmokers could have released them in 2017 with feats from bts, bad bunny and j balvin

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

1 hour ago, lover said:

not me getting my hopes up for DL3 being timbaland produced 00's rnb-pop greatness when it will have 25 songs that sound like the chainsmokers could have released them in 2017 with feats from bts, bad bunny and j balvin

Have more confidence in Dua, newbie. 

7 minutes ago, Still Sane said:

Realistically, the next album will probably sound like the bonus tracks of FN (We're Good, Not My Problem, Fever) and that's really upsetting so I hope she'll prove me wrong

Why do you think so? Those songs aren’t new - they were made at the same time as the rest of FN. Only the features were new!

21 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

I don't think they were as old as the songs from the original standard album. Maybe from the latter sessions and some even from more recent. I think Not My Problem, We're Good, Naked, What I Want and Guilty were produced in the very final stages of the album, maybe even possibly after the standard release. If It Ain't Me was totally planned for the standard album, that's for sure. But the others (both leaked and bonus), I doubt it. Or not all of them, at least.

Fever was written at the same time as Pretty Please (at least the inferior Dua solo version) together with Julia Michaels.

Dua recorded Swan Song and I'm Free (YSL song) between DL1 and FN and they were no indication on FN whatsoever, i don't see why she would now start teasing DL3 on the moonlight edition which consists of album outtakes of FN and features. 

i76mrxw.png 

1 hour ago, Glitter Boy said:

I don't think they were as old as the songs from the original standard album. Maybe from the latter sessions and some even from more recent. I think Not My Problem, We're Good, Naked, What I Want and Guilty were produced in the very final stages of the album, maybe even possibly after the standard release. If It Ain't Me was totally planned for the standard album, that's for sure. But the others (both leaked and bonus), I doubt it. Or not all of them, at least.

Angele's feature was added post-FN; I believe that much is correct.

The Danja tracks you listed (N, WIL, G) were definitely earlier 2019 - and NMP and WG were definitely far before 'the very final stage', too.

So all-in-all, the 16 FN tracks were truly all part of that recording era.

On 4/12/2021 at 11:11 AM, Glitter Boy said:

Nope, they were all ready by the time FN was released. BlackoutZone (reliable insider) actually stated that IIAM was on the standard and the other tracks were meant to be a deluxe edition released on the same day as the standard.

8 hours ago, Kurt said:

Nope, they were all ready by the time FN was released. BlackoutZone (reliable insider) actually stated that IIAM was on the standard and the other tracks were meant to be a deluxe edition released on the same day as the standard.

I wonder which song they replaced IIAM with on the standard edition. As much as I love IIAM (rip Normani feature) I really dont see it fitting the og tracklist, imo it really sounds more like a deluxe edition song

1 hour ago, LunaeManifestum said:

I wonder which song they replaced IIAM with on the standard edition. As much as I love IIAM (rip Normani feature) I really dont see it fitting the og tracklist, imo it really sounds more like a deluxe edition song

It was actually just track 12! Tracks 1-11 were the same as released, and then the remaining 4 songs from TME were the deluxe tracks. :)