Trash Magic

Dua Lipa

3 hours ago, HEARTCORE said:

bringing up a topic from a year ago just so you can give yourself a metaphorical wank and appear superior? 

tumblr_inline_osdq8tbHPk1sh82zd_500.jpg

I just made an account and was curious about your opinion. Sorry stan. Lol I can't believe it was an year ago lmao. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

16 hours ago, Formation said:

Midnight release. A cute soundtrack song

Just heard it. I like Dua, but was mostly curious for the Dan Heath arrangement. Won’t be adding that song to my playlist because I fucking hate cheap saxophone in pop songs. It was one of the worst 80s trends and that could have stayed in that decade, when we collectively decided the 80s needed revival. 

I have to say I’m definitely a bit disappointed :toofunny: It’s been one of my favorites from the album since it came out and that was the video? Dua and A few dancers in an empty room? I can appreciate there was some (?) concept behind it? But with dua being one of the biggest pop stars in the world, I expected something big. something with a budget. This was not that.

The fact that the hallucinate vid was better than this is... something..! at least I can appreciate that one more now!

Can’t say I got the concept behind the MV. She looks amazing on it tbh.

However, whenever she dances (on it) she looks SO stiff. Reminded me of when she had no stage presence pre-FN. I’m a bit disappointed bc this song is one of my favs from the album, so yeah.

Spoiler

Disclaimer: I do think she improved her stage presence during this era (like a lot), the Grammys performance was SO good and I also enjoyed her a lot on Studio2054. But her dancing here..... mess.

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Also can I just mention quite literally everyone I’ve seen on twitter has no idea what the damn video is about. 

I saw in a youtube comment that it had references/easter eggs to My Woman (1937) & White Town (1997) but I’m gonna be real I’ve never heard of either of those? I appreciate that she’s sticking to the meaning of the era with the nostalgia part but..  I feel like the references can get a bit niche and at that point.. it’s not worth it. If the audience won’t understand it, why not do something that would bring in nostalgia aesthetic wise? I’d rather it look future nostalgia then it have some hidden nostalgic meaning no one understands in a modern box lmao

46 minutes ago, brandon said:

Also can I just mention quite literally everyone I’ve seen on twitter has no idea what the damn video is about. 

I saw in a youtube comment that it had references/easter eggs to My Woman (1937) & White Town (1997) but I’m gonna be real I’ve never heard of either of those? I appreciate that she’s sticking to the meaning of the era with the nostalgia part but..  I feel like the references can get a bit niche and at that point.. it’s not worth it. If the audience won’t understand it, why not do something that would bring in nostalgia aesthetic wise? I’d rather it look future nostalgia then it have some hidden nostalgic meaning no one understands in a modern box lmao

well White Town, Dua's Love Again, as well as the Star Wars Imperial March samples My Woman by Al Bowlly :oic3:

Also someone on YT said its likely about her ex since he was a chef and it wasn't until she met her bf that he was able to crack her shell :oic3:

Goddamn rodeo sure never looked sexier i could use a ride :hawt: sure, while she didn’t do much of a choreography, she still served with the way she used her hips and belly and it’s too divine

She seems to be into animes, so I‘ll just pretend she dropped on everyone a reference to Mamoru Oshii’s Angel‘s Egg and be happy with that :oprah: our weeb queen

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

1 hour ago, TRENCH said:

well White Town, Dua's Love Again, as well as the Star Wars Imperial March samples My Woman by Al Bowlly :oic3:

Oh I thought they were talking about a movie or something :rollin:But also... Imperial march samples my woman????! 

It was a cute video, same way I feel about We're Good, I feel like a lot of fans are disappointed mostly because this was LOVE FUCKING AGAIN, but besides that it doesn't look cheap or anything to me, it reminded me a lot of the DSN video, they both feel kind of messy in the way that they're not exactly what anyone had in their minds when listening to the song lol visually speaking

8nl2OpX.png

Someone mentioned in the comments, that the video is similiar to Madonna's Music and they're not wrong. Considering Madonna is Dua's fave and she wanted to pay tribute or whatever, it gives the video some sense for those who need it. Love Again samples My Woman (1932) and with the reference to:

Spoiler

from 2000...

- voilà - we have unlocked Future Nostalgia. :ma:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

Ok so I have a theory about the music video, BUT it's really dumb so read at your own risks :toofloppy: :

Spoiler

She rode her boyfriend like a cowgirl and he fertilized her eggs so now she feels like a clown cause she's pregnant

FUGjsXqWAAAhpYH?format=jpg&name=900x900

7 hours ago, Danny Milk said:

does someone have a list of all the songs that were intended to be on future nostalgia?

1. 25/8
  2. Cherry (recorded in 2018)
  3. Act of God (ft. Ant Clemons) (maybe it have been meant as a pitch song for Kanye's Yandhi)
  4. All To Myself
  5. Guilty
  6. Jealousy
  7. Ball & Chain
  8. Secrets
  9. Talk About It
  10. Firestarter
  11. Naked
  12. What I Like
  13. Forgiveness 
  14. Delicious
  15. Wrong Number
  16. Crocodile Tears
  17. Shine On Sad World
  18. Complicated
  19. Human
  20. Make A Wish (only instrumental leaked)
  21. Retrograde (later released by Aleyna Tilki)
  22. Exhale (later released by kenzie x sia)
  23. Saved My Life(later released by Sia)

there were some songs that were cut from the original release but later put on the moonlight editions and FNCM like : We're Good, TKW, If It Ain't Me, Love Is Religion, Not My Problem, Fever