Trash Magic

Dua Lipa

19 minutes ago, the ocean said:

Fever IS great and I wasn't really talking about it in the first place cause the Levitating remix didn't really take off until after Fever was released

We're Good sounds like it came from self-titled which isn't necessarily BAD but just very basic and she could've broken up the monotony with something a bit more interesting

Cold Heart tbh is shit :bebe:

also unpopular opinion...

i like club future nostalgia more than the original album :bebe:

16 minutes ago, brandon said:

NO BECAUSE SERIOUSLY

the moonlight edition disappointed me SO BAD.

BEYOND mediocre choice of songs (like there was so much material and she chose THOSE?), cover was soooo ugly - should’ve been something from the original shoot, if anything, it ain’t me w normani should’ve been the single instead of we’re good but whatever 

We’re Good is a great song without any context of being part of FN but when you add it it does not fit w production

the moonlight should’ve had AT LEAST TKoW, Love is Religion, Firestarter, and If It Ain’t Me (feat. Normani)

i like Fever but idk it doesn’t do it for me like the other tracks

Edited by godsmonster

negAbhB.png

3 minutes ago, godsmonster said:

We’re Good is a great song without any context of being part of FN but when you add it it does not fit w production

the moonlight should’ve had AT LEAST TKoW, Love is Religion and Firestarter

i like Fever but idk it doesn’t do it for me like the other tracks

I agree, fever & we’re good are both incredible tracks, but they could be added to a variety of albums and fit in fine, they just don’t have that FN kick to em. 

Firestarter is such a fun track, it encapsulates the energy of FN so well, it’s such a shame it wasn’t used

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

whatever inspired her to not put real groove on the moonlight edition i'll never understand

no seriously cuz, out of ALLLL those random collabs she tacked onto the moonlight edition, real groove is the one that would’ve made sense :crossed: 

37 minutes ago, brandon said:

I agree, fever & we’re good are both incredible tracks, but they could be added to a variety of albums and fit in fine, they just don’t have that FN kick to em. 

Firestarter is such a fun track, it encapsulates the energy of FN so well, it’s such a shame it wasn’t used

she legit name drops Future Nostalgia in it how the fuck you gonna pay it dust

TME should’ve went like

12. That Kind of Woman

13. Fever

14. Firestarter

15. If it Ain't Me (feat. Normani)

16. Love Is Religion

and leave the rest out. We’re Good can be a separate stand alone single and delete Not My Problem

Edited by godsmonster

negAbhB.png

3 minutes ago, brandon said:

no seriously cuz, out of ALLLL those random collabs she tacked onto the moonlight edition, real groove is the one that would’ve made sense :crossed: 

okay i thought the same thing but tbh she doesn’t sing on her own in that song so it doesn’t really make sense. always hated that she was just used for backing vocals, she should’ve had the second verse and then like a duet

Just now, the ocean said:

oh my god i forgot about If It Aint Me

negAbhB.png

1 minute ago, godsmonster said:

okay i thought the same thing but tbh she doesn’t sing on her own in that song so it doesn’t really make sense. always hated that she was just used for backing vocals, she should’ve had the second verse and then like a duet

real groove would be a cute track 17 because it was literally performed at DUA'S SHOW

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 minutes ago, the ocean said:

real groove would be a cute track 17 because it was literally performed at DUA'S SHOW

oh yeah that’s right lmfao i forgot about that

okay yeah i’m convinced, that would have been perfect

@Ben Mawson sir what were you doing? fumbling the bag as usual i see

negAbhB.png

the demo of That Kind Of Woman has such a punch, it really is elevated in energy, production, and everything compared to the released version. the release feels more muted, and less powerful. less ooph 

negAbhB.png

4 hours ago, godsmonster said:

the demo of That Kind Of Woman has such a punch, it really is elevated in energy, production, and everything compared to the released version. the release feels more muted, and less powerful. less ooph 

Also don't forget the random glitches in the final version :rip:
0:18 - there's some sort of waveform glitch here that makes my headphones pop
1:17 - when she says "I'll pick you from the crowd" one of the vocal/reverb tracks is out of time with the lead vocal :biblio: ..probably an error made after they decided to make the song have an inconsistent tempo throughout.
The Moonlight Edition was sooo rushed and you can tell :hooker:

9 hours ago, the ocean said:

wait did you get off of mod queue :trisha:

the power of dula peep

I'm a free woman yayaaaaa 

9 hours ago, godsmonster said:

25/8 is a banger

100%

7 hours ago, SoggySponge said:

1:17 - when she says "I'll pick you from the crowd" one of the vocal/reverb tracks is out of time with the lead vocal :biblio: ..probably an error made after they decided to make the song have an inconsistent tempo throughout.

oh my god i thought i was the only one who noticed that shit, i thought it downloaded wrong

negAbhB.png

12 hours ago, godsmonster said:

It's so weird that they put Dua's vocals over Kylie's instead of letting Dua sing her own verse. But the good thing is that the Initial Talk remix (which is the best version of Real Groove anyway) separated them again so you can actually hear Dua. Honestly they should've just used that one and put it on FN: TME. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

10 hours ago, SoggySponge said:

1:17 I noticed now that u mentioned omg its kinda subtle but its there.

0:18 I may be deaf cuz I cant notice her

I have to say

I’ve been a fan of Dua since a few months after DL1 came out in 2017 (the first song i heard by her was Bang Bang, go figure) and i’m so incredibly proud of her. I always thought she had something unique about her and to see her have this much success just makes me so happy. To see her go from making good pop music and being made fun of for her performances and dancing to having one of the BIGGEST (if not THEE biggest) pop albums/eras of all time, with acclaimed performances just makes me:krylie::ohmy:

that being said idk HOW her and The Weeknd haven’t made a song together since FN and After Hours/Dawn FM are in the same vein of that retro sound

negAbhB.png