Trash Magic

Dua Lipa

The Moonlight edition cover is so fucking ugly. I hate it so much. In Sweden the standard version (which I love) of FN isn't avialable on Spotify no more, so basically I rarely listen to any songs of FN just because I just can't stand the Moonlight cover lol :toofunny:

yea yeah "apple music is better etc!!" I hear ya

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

On 1/18/2022 at 2:43 PM, godsmonster said:

that being said idk HOW her and The Weeknd haven’t made a song together since FN and After Hours/Dawn FM are in the same vein of that retro sound

SPEAKING OF ABEL… i really really expected the “b sides” dua kept on talking about to be a much larger collection of songs, all on their own 

much like after hours + dawn fm or folklore + evermore 

or at least like what carly rae jepsen did for her last two albums 

the moonlight edition was such a let down in quite literally every sense 

i think dua would work really well with matthew herbert and create a really experimental sounding jazz pop record

i think she has the both the guts and the promo to pull it off

i don’t think she WILL do that because she seems to be interested in playing it safe but imagine if she did :ma:

edit: to get a sound of what i’m talking about listen to róisín murphy’s ruby blue

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

I wished this pic was used as the moonlight edition cover (also wished the moonlight edition was a proper b side album rather than just a bunch of collabs and a couple of new songs)

FFmpIjBXEAIDeRV?format=jpg&name=large 

17 hours ago, the ocean said:

i hope it’s unique as in good and not unique as in we’re good

we're good is nowhere near unique lmao i can name at least 5 songs that are reminiscent of we're good 

3 hours ago, Danny Milk said:

I wished this pic was used as the moonlight edition cover (also wished the moonlight edition was a proper b side album rather than just a bunch of collabs and a couple of new songs)

FFmpIjBXEAIDeRV?format=jpg&name=large 

i made one for the b sides because i thought this picture was to good to waste it.

here it is lol

ePTiYxO.jpg

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

2 hours ago, Motopapi said:

i made one for the b sides because i thought this picture was to good to waste it.

here it is lol

ePTiYxO.jpg

what’s that font you used for the future nostalgia logo? i’ve seen it used for other things as well and i’ve had the hardest time identifying it

4 hours ago, Motorcycle Love Divine said:

we're good is nowhere near unique lmao i can name at least 5 songs that are reminiscent of we're good 

that’s the point of what i was saying though :ma:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Tbh her label is so annoying because I know we totally COULD have gotten a proper b side album.. but the entire purpose of the moonlight edition/ DL complete edition was to add her big ass collabs onto the album so she’d have some of the biggest albums on streaming with like tons of billions of streams

like it’s so cheesy. why do they care. seeing a list of the most streamed albums ever on spotify and seeing (complete expanded exclusive deluxe edition) kinda makes it feel less genuine anyways 

Dua's an It girl, she understands pop music and is good at executing it, but at the end of the day she's also a sell out and will do what sell outs do. At least the standard album wasn't just a playlist with random songs and collabs tacked on for streaming numbers. It was a very good thought out pop album. I'm glad there's balance between her genuine artistry and selloutery lol. Still wish she would've done a proper b-side tho.

qfrWuBl.png

19 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

Dua's an It girl, she understands pop music and is good at executing it, but at the end of the day she's also a sell out and will do what sell outs do. At least the standard album wasn't just a playlist with random songs and collabs tacked on for streaming numbers. It was a very good thought out pop album. I'm glad there's balance between her genuine artistry and selloutery lol. Still wish she would've done a proper b-side tho.

not selloutery :xgiggle:

but I agree, it takes modern pop artist to get a good cohesive album by their 4th to 6th (I actually call Ariana Grande's 2nd album a playlist bc it makes no cohesive sense whatsoever) while Dua went straight into it on album #2