Trash Magic

Dua Lipa

I saw the Future Nostalgia Tour recently and let me tell you

it was fucking INCREDIBLE

Dua really brought the energy. I almost cried because of how proud i was of her. I haven’t had that much fun in years, never mind at a concert. My voice is STILL fucked up from it! I danced all night, and had the absolute time of my life. I really want to go see another date of the tour elsewhere because that’s how good it was!!!! If you don’t have tickets, you NEED to go!!!!

negAbhB.png

5 hours ago, godsmonster said:

Dua really brought the energy. I almost cried because of how proud i was of her. I haven’t had that much fun in years, never mind at a concert. My voice is STILL fucked up from it! I danced all night, and had the absolute time of my life. I really want to go see another date of the tour elsewhere because that’s how good it was!!!! If you don’t have tickets, you NEED to go!!!!

Hoping that she’ll add a another set of dates next year, I need to see it again!

IMG-3521.jpg

she's being managed by her dad now... so that she can get more money by not having a middle man. enough reputable sources have confirmed, she might be waiting to annonce or have a contract to finish the tour with them. nme and variety have all reported on it so it's not some random twitter gay making shit up. 

her dads already way too involved imo so this kinda scares me

22 hours ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

But wasn’t the split with Tap made up?

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

1 minute ago, Ceremonials said:

she's being managed by her dad now... so that she can get more money by not having a middle man. enough reputable sources have confirmed, she might be waiting to annonce or have a contract to finish the tour with them. nme and variety have all reported on it so it's not some random twitter gay making shit up. 

:horror:

the vibes are incredibly off on this i hope dua is ok

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

:horror:

the vibes are incredibly off on this i hope dua is ok

her dad does run a management company with ties to warner ... i hope it's temporary but beyoncé survived for so long like this. i'm living for the atrl theory that she's just going to resign with tap mid era but her dad seems like a smart man 

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

43 minutes ago, Ceremonials said:

Ok shit. Well this sucks.

Spoiler

Not like I know Ben or Ed but Hell, I don’t see this going well…

IMG-3521.jpg

Also not to discredit Dua, but I think she should be thankful for the people over at TAP management, cause had it not been for them doing the most to promote her and get her producers... idk. She's obviously a beautiful woman with an interesting voice & aura, but I don't think she's unique in any real way or excessively talented. She's quite manufactured actually. But as far as catchy bop goes, she's doing it right. :dafuq:

Just now, West Coast said:

Also not to discredit Dua, but I think she should be thankful for the people over at TAP management, cause had it not been for them doing the most to promote her and get her producers... idk. She's obviously a beautiful woman with an interesting voice & aura, but I don't think she's unique in any real way or excessively talented. She's quite manufactured actually. But as far as catchy bop goes, she's doing it right. :dafuq:

Didn't she get payola for her first record (chart-wise). I think people liked her second record more organically

9 minutes ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Didn't she get payola for her first record (chart-wise). I think people liked her second record more organically

Is it crack? It was the definition of a slow burn.

BzhmW.png

Payola may have been involved somewhere with IDGAF but DL1 was definitely a natural slow riser. New Rules didn't become a hit until almost a year after its release because i remember listening to it for months and no one knew its existence. Once Blow Your Mind started to gain radio traction, new rules knocked it out of the airwaves and exploded

6 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

Payola may have been involved somewhere with IDGAF but DL1 was definitely a natural slow riser. New Rules didn't become a hit until almost a year after its release because i remember listening to it for months and no one knew its existence. Once Blow Your Mind started to gain radio traction, new rules knocked it out of the airwaves and exploded

i really think where the payola came with dl1 is with the "complete edition" - in fact i think that's the only reason why it exists is to ride the hype dua suddenly had

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

4 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i really think where the payola came with dl1 is with the "complete edition" - in fact i think that's the only reason why it exists is to ride the hype dua suddenly had

they labeled it “complete edition” yet still left off Bang Bang

and High

negAbhB.png

3 minutes ago, the ocean said:

oh yeah no doubt about that one :ma: but i do like the idea of compiling a entire era for easier accessibility 

On 2/21/2022 at 12:21 PM, godsmonster said:

I saw the tour and I agree with this 100%