Trash Magic

Dua Lipa

Just now, Glitter Boy said:

Right! Yeah WDYLM was for twigs' CAPRISONGS but iirc the file that was allegedly 'leaked' was only a rip from the livestream? unless it actually leaked and i didn't notice lmao. imo it's twigs song feat. Dua so i skipped it from the list tbh :hide: 

i think it actually leaked a few days ago but then again i was just looking at l.cx thread names :eek:

i know there's also a tracker floating around that i think is a little outdated but might be good nonetheless to cross-reference

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

She's allegedly working with Kevin Parker (Tame Impala) she posted a pic of herself drinking wine at his house/studio in Los Angeles the other day. 

10 minutes ago, West Coast said:

She's allegedly working with Kevin Parker (Tame Impala) she posted a pic of herself drinking wine at his house/studio in Los Angeles the other day. 

:oprah4: everyone move!!!

7 minutes ago, Masquerade said:

Currents had some fantastic synthpop tracks, so this could be a match made in heaven.. I think it would be really interesting for her to try out some of the neo-psychedelia sounds of past Tame Impala records

I don't remember exactly (that was before Furure Nostalgia even came out), but she expressed how much she'd like to collab with him.

I believe he's one of the most important/influential musician in the industry right now. This guy has an unmatched talent for melodies. 

I'm not a Dua stan by any means, but I'm perched.

i know it’s been nearly 3 years since FN dropped but Dua really needs to take an extended break. I feel like she became overexposed. And I imagine she probably wants to rest after having one of the most monumental pop eras ever

negAbhB.png

it’s late at night here and i was thinking about the FN era…

Spoiler

if you really think about it, Dua was the light during COVID. The Future Nostalgia era began before the first human COVID case. Just a week after the world shut down, the album came out, and was like a shining beacon of hope in a dark sea that was what the world was turning into. FN was a joyous lighthearted escape from the stress and trauma of a pandemic.

She dropped MV after MV throughout 2020 and The Moonlight Edition to keep that beacon shining. Her Studio 2054 remix of Kylie’s Real Groove was the best present to end 2020 with (to me since I love Kylie). She delivered us more content throughout the pandemic in 2021 with more singles, mvs, and collabs.

Come 2022 and the Future Nostalgia Tour felt like a celebration of the pandemic finally headed towards an end. The energy at the show I attended was unlike any other concert I have ever been to. I got so drunk and had the time of my life at that shit, also like no other. Truly a memorable and amazing experience. And now it comes to a close during a time where the world feels like it’s returning to normal (COVID wise not everything else).

Spoiler

For me personally, Nov 2019 - Nov 2021 was a time of immense painful change for me that finally calmed this year. It’s super strange to think this era began before that hurricane in my life began, and three years later is ending after the hurricane subsided. 

it’s late at night and i’m rambling and a little high but she really put on a memorable, amazing and important era

negAbhB.png

On 12/6/2022 at 10:53 PM, godsmonster said:

i know it’s been nearly 3 years since FN dropped but Dua really needs to take an extended break. I feel like she became overexposed. And I imagine she probably wants to rest after having one of the most monumental pop eras ever

I saw a short Jingle Ball interview she did and she was asked what she has planned for next year. She said she’s excited to be home and MAYBE finish DL3 by the end of 2023 - emphasis on “maybe” because she’s not in a rush and wants to relax and take her time after touring and being all over the globe during FN. We love a restful queen!

giphy-1.gif 

32 minutes ago, Downtown Baby Doll said:

I saw a short Jingle Ball interview she did and she was asked what she has planned for next year. She said she’s excited to be home and MAYBE finish DL3 by the end of 2023 - emphasis on “maybe” because she’s not in a rush and wants to relax and take her time after touring and being all over the globe during FN. We love a restful queen!

the way she gave us a fucking era AND she takes care of herself? i stan

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

The album is going to be done and off to the pressing plant before Q4 2023. I feel like she'll probably follow the same timeline as FN except the era will be much shorter and over by the end of 2024.

BzhmW.png

Honestly i liked That Girl at the Party but... It's nothing but okaish... Did it really have to take this long to leak idk :toofunny:

BUT IN ANOTHER NOTE we are one leak away from having 50 DL1 Outtakes!!!!:w8ing: