Trash Magic

Dua Lipa

1 hour ago, AKASAKA SAWAYAMA said:

same. i'm liking this. idk what these f*gs expected from a club remix record. 

i've been seeing this narrative of "what people would expected from a club remix album" or "people don't know what a club remix is"

i'm like... no? maybe the remixes are just bad? the ideia was so fantastic, i'm a huge fan of house/techno/disco and all sorts of genres that goes into the clubber scene, i mean, it's all a matter of taste of course, but i was having this convo last night with this guy who kept this narrative going and at least to me it doesn't make any sense because there's lots of club remix albums out there that are actually good i.e. Grace Jone's Hurricane / Dub, Goldfrapp's We Are Glitter and lots of other remix albums - not meant to be a dj mix but still - like Madonna's Remixed & Revisited (and Veronica Electronica, the remixes from the ROL era), Gaga's BTW Remixes, Björk's Telegram, Kylie Minogue's Boombox etc

There's a few remixes like Yaeji's, Love Is Religion, Future Nostalgia that are actually good

2 minutes ago, wahyun said:

i've been seeing this narrative of "what people would expected from a club remix album" or "people don't know what a club remix is"

i'm like... no? maybe the remixes are just bad? the ideia was so fantastic, i'm a huge fan of house/techno/disco and all sorts of genres that goes into the clubber scene, i mean, it's all a matter of taste of course, but i was having this convo last night with this guy who kept this narrative going and at least to me it doesn't make any sense because there's lots of club remix albums out there that are actually good i.e. Grace Jone's Hurricane / Dub, Goldfrapp's We Are Glitter and lots of other remix albums - not meant to be a dj mix but still - like Madonna's Remixed & Revisited (and Veronica Electronica, the remixes from the ROL era), Gaga's BTW Remixes, Björk's Telegram, Kylie Minogue's Boombox etc

There's a few remixes like Yaeji's, Love Is Religion, Future Nostalgia that are actually good

I Ain't Reading All That | Know Your Meme
jk. yeah people have different tastes.

On 8/27/2020 at 4:14 PM, TrashMagiq said:

watch pretentious gays be like "what did y'all faggots expect it's a club album" like sdfjh this is NOISE 

1 hour ago, AKASAKA SAWAYAMA said:

well

qfrWuBl.png

28 minutes ago, AKASAKA SAWAYAMA said:

it'z not noise. i didn't lie and i'm telling again, idk what these f*gs expected from a club remix record. 

we expected good remixes 

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

2 hours ago, AKASAKA SAWAYAMA said:

I didn't expect nothing, and still I was disappointed dddddd :thumb2:

No but for real, I actually expected it not to be my cup of tea - I hate club music quite a lot. I guess I'll wait for the Deluxe Edition of the original album to be released.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

this album is the perfect encapsulation of late night UK radio. i think that's been lost on a lot of people. this reminds me of being in the car in the mid 2000's listening to 90's mixes of club songs playing late night on the radio. i think it's a very specific kind of feeling or vibe that's lost on a lot of the international audience.

that doesn't mean the album is bad though. a lot of you just really don't seem to be open to a wider range of music styles. to say this is bad when it is LITERALLY the embodiment of the concept of "future nostalgia" is....craque.

a lot of you will appreciate this in five years when she releases her first actually bad album or something. its a remix album, stop taking it so seriously. the way people are acting under her posts, like she killed the entire album....damn. her fans are horrible. i would hate to be her with her bratty, ungrateful fans.

i loved it idk what you guys were expecting??? i was expecting boring remixes with a little club influence, but i was pleasantly surprised that she went all out with this.