Say Yes to Heaven

Freak Music Video Premiering February 9th

A video for Freak.... this video better not have random old footage and scenes that make no sense, like she did with Music To Watch Boys To

I have faith in Lana. I think she will finally pull thru and give us a good video like she used to, maybe.  :aw:

She should be making a video for Salvatore. I swear I just need to manage Lana 

Edit : my gif won't show. :whatever:

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

I'm really expecting pleasantly bombastic surprise that is all purple and violet video (with occasional sneaks of pink cosmic syrup), because those are, beside black, the colors if mystery, magic, occult, sorcery, witches, sacred initiations,  secret knowledge and, after all, freaks, outcasts and misfits, and her velvet, narcotic, oriental and hypnotic vocal meanders of the song would perfectly fit that unique hue from the solar spectrum.  Also, violet equals imagination, spirituality (cult leader) and higher levels of consciousness (altered states induced by intoxication with opiates in ceremonial ritual). And I hope that all those human fairies will dance around her sensually like in the teaser from thousand years ago, treating us with gorgeous, hallucinant and transcendental experience. Can't wait, my eyes are burning and palms are itching!

Lana, don't snuff the conflagration of coloristic extravaganza this time again! We want vivid mirage, not black and white funeral (at least moi). The only time grey tones actually functioned well was Blue Jeans, with its silvery flashes, but they were used to accentuate vintage melancholic nostalgia; this is sexy, experimental futureretro that screams and begs for lollipop rainbow.

you don't understand how much i adore your analyses why has Lana not hired you as music video director we'd have such a treasure trove  :defeated:

I can't stand the part where she sucks his fingers :defeated: but this will make up for it

I thought i was the only one who didn't like that :defeated:

Those summer nights seem long ago
And so is the girl you used to call
The queen of New York City

OMG this is incredible. I'm enjoying this a lot I'm so surprised because I didn't enjoyed ILYH that much at all (except BITUSA and another one or two) but this is just so pleasant to hear. The way he moves and acts makes me think so much of Devendra Banhart but with more Lana lyrics and looks, which means I'll probably desperately fall in love in the next two months

and the way he interacts with the interviewer. his music was kinda blah to me until I saw him perform and read interviews with him and then it was a 'a-ha' moment. a-ha FJM you sexy sarcastic satan in a sunday hat, i love you.  

I'm really expecting pleasantly bombastic surprise that is all purple and violet video (with occasional sneaks of pink cosmic syrup), because those are, beside black, the colors if mystery, magic, occult, sorcery, witches, sacred initiations,  secret knowledge and, after all, freaks, outcasts and misfits, and her velvet, narcotic, oriental and hypnotic vocal meanders of the song would perfectly fit that unique hue from the solar spectrum.  Also, violet equals imagination, spirituality (cult leader) and higher levels of consciousness (altered states induced by intoxication with opiates in ceremonial ritual). And I hope that all those human fairies will dance around her sensually like in the teaser from thousand years ago, treating us with gorgeous, hallucinant and transcendental experience. Can't wait, my eyes are burning and palms are itching!

Lana, don't snuff the conflagration of coloristic extravaganza this time again! We want vivid mirage, not black and white funeral (at least moi). The only time grey tones actually functioned well was Blue Jeans, with its silvery flashes, but they were used to accentuate vintage melancholic nostalgia; this is sexy, experimental futureretro that screams and begs for lollipop rainbow.

i love this idea and i am not trying to sjw on you, but how is any vocal "oriental"? i am genuinely asking a question, not trying to bait you

i wish the faeries in your concept would be like the faeries in True Blood and also have all my appendages crossed for a video in full color

A video for Freak.... this video better not have random old footage and scenes that make no sense, like she did with Music To Watch Boys To

I have faith in Lana. I think she will finally pull thru and give us a good video like she used to, maybe.  :aw:

She should be making a video for Salvatore. I swear I just need to manage Lana 

It's already obvious that it will feature old footage.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Can't wait to splice together Freak and MTWBT so I can finally have the UV video I always wanted.

Someone has to do this please :defeated: then we can pretend the wedding orange video never happened :toofunny:

LMAO I was just going to say that! :lmao:

I wanna make like two edits tbh. One for UV and one for BrB! :defeated:

I hope the cult scenes from the teaser trailer are in it .... The ones she shot for UV x)

Can't really imagine her filming a whole new video, I guess she'll stick to those scenes. But this time, I wouldn't mind

Same. I think she definitely has enough scenes to fill up the video.

so far this era we have:

snippets of a song we never got

a snippet of a video we never got in full

1 kinda good video

2 videos where 50% of the footage is reused from a previous era

kween of half-assing it

You forgot:

"An album that was originally an EP for a re-release"

Father John Misty kind of looks like a cult leader, doesn't he? Maybe that's what struck her visually about him in the first place.

HE DOES! I also searched the web for info on the original video and found something amazing on here! There was athread talking about the whole cult leader theme she#s exploring in the song. However, it was a theory that the entire album was actually based on it and when I checked the date of the post I found out that it was posted BEFORE we even had the slightest clue about the video. :hdu: 

If that red stuff turns out to be Kool-Aid instead of red wine that would be so fucking perfect with the cult thing.

Now all this has me speculating if the Jim mentioned in UV was referring to Jim Jones. 

I actually think she is referring to both Jims.

yod.jpg

1. Father Yod aka. James "Jim" Edward Baker

- He was the guy who had the cult girls.

- Unlike Jim Jones he had a harem with girls dressed all in white.

- He's also literally a "daddy" as he referred to his harem as the "Family"

- He died on Hawaii when he tried to 'fly' over the crater of a vulcano and the crashed on the beach

- He also had a band and made music, even released some of it. (See Brooklyn Baby - "Too young to love you", "freedomland of the seventies")

TheSourceFamily7.jpg

father_yod_the-source-family-Optimized.j

220px-Jim_Jones_in_front_of_the_Internat

2. Jim Jones

- His cult was mainly known for the Jonestown massacre in which he made ppl drink poison after comitting suicide

I firmly believe that she's mixing the two of them.

I'm glad she realized that Freak is THE superior song to everything else on that record and is doing a video for it.

This can only be amazing.

Taking the words out of my mouth. :flutter:

Ughhhh I want Art Deco also to be a part of the Freak vid cuz the transition between Freak and Art Deco slays me errtime :crying:

I need a 10 minute monologue (like Ride) about her cult leader as well!!!

You know...there is always the possibility of her ending the video with a "To be continued..." :hooker: Going by her current teasing she may have filmed something with Quentin.

I'm happy for another music video :party:

But it is a video for Freak... :noparty:

The best song from Honeymoon. Is that what you were trying to say? :P

sioeQ.jpg

:defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

yesterday I was thinking "Lana please let the surprise be a video for Freak" I AM SO HAPPY

I really hope "Art Deco" is included because those two just GO together and I've imagined a double video for the two so much. that's definitely doubtful, but I'm so so so excited none-the-less. also FATHER JOHN MISTY OMG I'm gonna die.

H0bDaqU.gif

Someone has to do this please :defeated: then we can pretend the wedding orange video never happened :toofunny: 

I changed the audio from UV to HM because the song seems to be more fitting to the aesthetic of the video (and also because the original video never came out) :toofloppy: 

mH6fLZ4.gif