Dua Lipa

The Original Ultraviolence.

Wasn't the original Ultraviolence produced mostly by Lana and Blake, not by Rick?

“I went to Electric Lady Studios down in the East Village for a while,” she explains. “My friend runs it now, so he let me have the whole place to myself for five weeks. I produced everything myself with my guitar player and then we hired a session drummer. We had made this kind of classic rock-inspired record – 11 tracks. So, I thought I was done.”

http://www.clashmusic.com/features/american-dreamer-lana-del-rey-interviewed

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

Wasn't the original Ultraviolence produced mostly by Lana and Blake, not by Rick?

http://www.clashmusic.com/features/american-dreamer-lana-del-rey-interviewed

Here's some info on Lanapedia about the making of West Coast.

"Del Rey and Rick Nowels wrote the song together while improvising with chords in about 20 minutes, however when Del Rey had finished the song, she was unsatisfied with the outcome, complaining that the track was "too structured".

The song was originally going to be scrapped from the album altogether, but after meeting with Dan Auerbach, the track was reworked, being changed structurally but leaving the chords."

I guess that's why people think that actually the German Radio Mix is the actual demo (or a more final version of it), I do believe it, plus i think all of her radio mixes are more similiar to the demos than to the album version, Summertime Sadness and Dark Paradise are really similar

8nl2OpX.png

The song was originally going to be scrapped from the album altogether, but after meeting with Dan Auerbach, the track was reworked, being changed structurally but leaving the chords."

thank god, West Coast is one of her magnum opus tracks I couldn't live without tbh

What the FUCK I didn't know any of this. I just read this entire thread and I'm so shook. Omg. This is so interesting I need all these unanswered questions to be confirmed immediately

TjmiIK4.png

Here's some info on Lanapedia about the making of West Coast.

"Del Rey and Rick Nowels wrote the song together while improvising with chords in about 20 minutes, however when Del Rey had finished the song, she was unsatisfied with the outcome, complaining that the track was "too structured".

I guess that's why people think that actually the German Radio Mix is the actual demo (or a more final version of it), I do believe it, plus i think all of her radio mixes are more similiar to the demos than to the album version, Summertime Sadness and Dark Paradise are really similar

Yeah I wasn't sure because of the Dan Heath tracks as well.... regardless I hope we get to hear the original versions of some of the tracks one day  :flutter:  

Praise Dan Auerbach

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

So wait, y'all mean to tell me that there's a video for UV that isn't her just walking through some wooded area in a wedding gown eating a peach? Ummmmm where do I file my lawsuit

TjmiIK4.png

So wait, y'all mean to tell me that there's a video for UV that isn't her just walking through some wooded area in a wedding gown eating a peach? Ummmmm where do I file my lawsuit

Yeah if I'm correct the underwater scenes from the Freak video were actually shot for Ultraviolence? Also there's that pic of Lana with that guy (I can't remember his name) looking at her all furious

yeah. it was scrapped because it would be "too controversial" since it had heavy drug use and was centered around the jonestown massacre

Yeah if I'm correct the underwater scenes from the Freak video were actually shot for Ultraviolence? Also there's that pic of Lana with that guy (I can't remember his name) looking at her all furious

Yep, Freak music video is actually the original UV video, there's a few BTS photos and a whole Neil Krug Shoot about it.

8nl2OpX.png

Omg... I am just NOW realizing that those underwater scenes y'all keep referring to were used in both the Freak video and the MTWBT video. What kind of lazy mess? Jesus Christ. Has anyone made an edit with the Freak video and used it for UV? I'd love to see that  :flutter:

TjmiIK4.png

Yes, the original UV video had the exact same story as the song with the "Order of the Sun" cult or whatever they were called. That's why they drink the red juice and she's talking about a Jim. The cult killed themselves with that when the leader got exposed and wanted everyone to "go with him".

Omg... I am just NOW realizing that those underwater scenes y'all keep referring to were used in both the Freak video and the MTWBT video. What kind of lazy mess? Jesus Christ. Has anyone made an edit with the Freak video and used it for UV? I'd love to see that  :flutter:

There was actually a decent fan edit once but I don't know if it's up anymore. The usual problem of these kind of edits is (same with White Mustang and Architecture) that mostly the footage is not enough to make a new cut. 

can i please revive this for a minute because its the biggest mystery and im dying to know what tracklist OG ultraviolence had with this lanas quote i never really paid attention on “I went to Electric Lady Studios down in the East Village for a while,” she explains. “My friend runs it now, so he let me have the whole place to myself for five weeks. I produced everything myself with my guitar player and then we hired a session drummer. We had made this kind of classic rock-inspired record – 11 tracks. So, I thought I was done.” This is how Lana explains Ultraviolence was right before she met Dan Auerbach, and this is the list of songs supposedly meant for this original ultraviolence only based on songs we know of, as there are probably more unknown songs made with him during UV:

1. Sad Girl (Rick Nowels Version)
2. Shades of Cool (Rick Nowels Version)
3. Your Girl (Rick Nowels Version)
4. Fine China (Rick Nowels Version)
5. Yes to Heaven (Rick Nowels Version)
6. Is This Happiness (released version)
7. I Can Fly (2013 Version)
8. Pretty When You Cry (released version)
9. Brooklyn Baby (Unknown Version)
10. Black Beauty (Unknown Version)
11. Guns and Roses (Unknown Version, supposedly the released one)
12. Pink Champagne
13. Old Money (released version)
14. Money Power Glory (released version)
15. West Coast (Radio Mix)
16. Ultraviolence (Demo)
17. Hollywood (BOZ said the song was in consideration after scrapping tropico)
18. Ave Maria (BOZ said the song was in consideration after scrapping tropico)
19. Angels Forever, Forever Angels (final version)
20. I Talk to Jesus (unknown version) - ?
21. Flipside - ?

the fact we have none of leaked songs off his fall sessions:noparty:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

13 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

We had made this kind of classic rock-inspired record – 11 tracks. So, I thought I was done.”

Is this the Tropico notepad list?

url%5D

31 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

can i please revive this for a minute because its the biggest mystery and im dying to know what tracklist OG ultraviolence had with this lanas quote i never really paid attention on “I went to Electric Lady Studios down in the East Village for a while,” she explains. “My friend runs it now, so he let me have the whole place to myself for five weeks. I produced everything myself with my guitar player and then we hired a session drummer. We had made this kind of classic rock-inspired record – 11 tracks. So, I thought I was done.” This is how Lana explains Ultraviolence was right before she met Dan Auerbach, and this is the list of songs supposedly meant for this original ultraviolence only based on songs we know of, as there are probably more unknown songs made with him during UV:

1. Sad Girl (Rick Nowels Version)
2. Shades of Cool (Rick Nowels Version)
3. Your Girl (Rick Nowels Version)
4. Fine China (Rick Nowels Version)
5. Yes to Heaven (Rick Nowels Version)
6. Is This Happiness (released version)
7. I Can Fly (2013 Version)
8. Pretty When You Cry (released version)
9. Brooklyn Baby (Unknown Version)
10. Black Beauty (Unknown Version)
11. Guns and Roses (Unknown Version, supposedly the released one)
12. Pink Champagne
13. Old Money (released version)
14. Money Power Glory (released version)
15. West Coast (Radio Mix)
16. Ultraviolence (Demo)
17. Hollywood (BOZ said the song was in consideration after scrapping tropico)
18. Ave Maria (BOZ said the song was in consideration after scrapping tropico)
19. Angels Forever, Forever Angels (final version)
20. I Talk to Jesus (unknown version) - ?
21. Flipside - ?

the fact we have none of leaked songs off his fall sessions:noparty:

I would LOVE to hear (and have) the Rick Nowels of what was or what became the UV, which I'm not the biggest fan of in its released form. 

1 hour ago, Veinsineon said:

You’re fueling the fire…

i know but actually i revived the tropico album thread that is now known as ldr album process thread so i just want to give it a moment and hopefully some spill on some dates like pretty when you cry, guns and roses and ultraviolence demo for the timeline of this OG ultraviolence that i find really iconic because its literally almost how it was released and how we couldve had it now and its blowing my mindF4B3B154-FF02-41D1-9465-9BA699F2E7B6.png

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y