LDRO

Instagram Updates

Is it bad that when she brought up dating rappers I thought about ASAP Rocky first? :toofunny:  Not sure if it was ever rumored that they were a thing? 

And any idea why Val wasn’t tagged? 
Lana doesn’t even follow the Tatiana girl... Just some odd things I noticed, especially if everyone on the cover are “sisters” to her, I figured she’d follow them all on there 

Edited by colaandvideogames

your vulgar darling  :blush3:

50 minutes ago, anwdelrey said:

She’s en route to becoming the Morrissey of our time yay! 

Both controversial chaotic romantic dramatic ego types...

rmeoRD5.gifvUV63Kk.gif KXksriz.gif

.。*゚+.*.。𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝔂 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓬𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓷'

𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓻...゚+..。*゚+

5 hours ago, mypolaroidfrown said:

Very well said! I do think you have a very good point and you could very well be right. I was just worried that perhaps she's getting sick of Fame & everything and this is going to be her last record. Maybe I read too much into it and took it too literally, but I remember that original interview and I got the vibe that she just wanted to be done with everything as far as her mainstream music career.

I’m getting a similar vibe- that CoCC + 2 poetry books are squeezing her creativity, perhaps prematurely and due to poor management. 

2 hours ago, Dragon said:

there's this thing that I've been reading about reactive abuse and it just gets me thinking about how things can be on the internet, especially w celebrities. I understand what she's trying to say past the dressings (yeah a little more in need of refinement, it's just this age it'd be wiser to).
she's always said she's been influenced by hip hop a branch of music pre-dominantly black from earlier on, worked w some (something of course that I'd think she takes seriously, quote how she fights labels). 
she's just trying to say she's with us (LFL, notes from the forum, fan presents in the form of additional music, to a degree her poetry), supportive of social issues, but she has to do it in her own way, not because someone's dictating her on the internet. 

it can be irksome having all these people figuratively breathe down your neck, saying how things should be done, it's like a normal person would say, "wtf, I'm doing what I can, you don't know me and what i've already done?" it just so happens that fame already accelerates that intensity by so-much-fold. how would you react if you were in that position? when ur intentions are good, doing things to support the causes that you believe in and fall in line w what people have been talking about her for (action). to have ur every move picked apart when you're already trying. back to society and trying to be a good citizen can already be so complex enough, I can understand how all that heat can cause her to only stick to her own set of values, especially w how things find her. 

it's a kind of policing that doesn't mean much, but just cause chaos, and for what? brownie points? so u can do ur social justice roll call? I understand how important it is, very much, and to stick for what's right, and especially to defend the people that need help care and love. but doing so isn't just the jobs for those w platforms, it's also up to us as individuals. 

you don't karate chop a drunk friend after a night out. you get them a blanket, you drive them home, you let them rest, get them some carbs etc. yeah you sass em a little for getting so fucked up, be a little proud of em but make it digestable thru honest checks, but lightheartedly. it takes a lot of care and love, and an unfortunate level of understanding that sometimes the other party doesn't deserve, but we do it anyway, bc we can't just keep divided. we're all human at the end of the day, and we need to respect that. lately all i've been witnessing is the karate chopping, and not sticking around to care for the person to make progress, or snapping back. with all relationships and interactions that you're going to flip back from, it's important to make sure that you leave a good impression, and that you're there for them to improve. if given the chance to, to do a job well, not just rushed and expect flowers the very next day. 

we're all healing from different kinds of hurt, but the strong ones are usually the ones who understand, check the other side, and nurture them to a joint understanding and connection. so there's peace love and understanding between them both. you just get more hate with hate. we need to understand that love and following thru together is what we need as people, thru little gestures, acts, nurture. but we also need to learn to accept those and meet someone where they're at, so they can continue growing because everyone's gonna fail, but at least they're trying. and it's not fair, or maybe even right, but we have to at least try and move forward with them. or else nothing's gonna change. 

before anyone tags me. I've gone thru so much in life already, even in my younger age. i've found safety in my life, only just a few years ago, what a family is, even just a lot more recently. and even then. sometimes it feels like a dream. I do what I can to see thru people and figure out what they really mean. statistically me being here? not good. I pushed thru w tears, not because I looked at myself first, and was honestly just confused af bc of personal circumstances i couldn't help before. but we have to push thru with love, that's what kept me going. trauma's only just gonna get worse w each blow.was it fair I ask myself? no. but there hopefully comes a point to when that threshhold of pain is over exceeded. and you decide. you can't be that person that goes into the statistic. you have to do better. for yourself. and to hopefully show others that it's at least possible. bc really, some don't even know that, and I think it's just most horrible thing. example. thru example. 

hope everyone does something for someone else today. not to get anything out of it, but because we need more of that in this world. not just thru the net. physically. I get her good intentions spiel because it really does do a lot. a nod, opening the door, a little conversation to ease awkwardness.what more, the more refined acts? doing something this cold world might not expect to the point of making it mythology. cold screens won't always do that. 

I understand what you are to say and I think that the reaction of people with Lana, in some cases, is disproportionate. And the way she reacts, always on the defensive, ends up ruling out any possibility of a productive dialogue. Perhaps if she were more open to listening to people and reflecting on what they are talking about, it could also contribute, in some way, to people listening to her as well. There has to be an exchange. But on the net, people tend to forget that on the other side of the screen there is a human being about whom nothing is known about their internal struggles. And that is a problem. ?

7 hours ago, mesabird said:

Changing the world...put it into perspective she's a singer not a surgeon or any profession that changes the world/saves lives/etc.

:facepalm:

To some people, a song can mean a lot. Remember that fan who said Lana's music prevented him from commiting suicide? Lana might not change the world so drastically but she can change one person's life with her music. :)

But yeah, Lana's comments this past year have been... questionable to say the least.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

8 hours ago, KingsMotelPart2 said:

Hey, I'm Mexican and I'm not white so therefore you offend me with your generalization and your wrong idea of us! :eek:

It was a genuine question and it wasn’t meant to come off as me stating it as fact. It’s just that on twitter there’s always debates about it because some Mexicans say they are white, so that’s why I was confused x

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

12 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

The way she speaks about different races as if they are an unwanted dog that she’s taken in. It’s just demented and degrading. 

i would love to know how you got that out of what she wrote :eek:

the "my best friends and boyfriends have been rappers" shit is maddening -

but i honestly think she's trying to appeal to progressive sensibilities, only using language that conservative people would be able to digest

(i have a treasured friend to whom i kind of have to speak in this way, is the thing, so i can reason as to why she would too, not that it's dignified by any means)

because it's in her hopelessly liberal interest to mediate what's essentially a fracture, for better or worse, in public awareness, goes right along with the rest of her Morrissey shtick

then again, i'm not prepared to actually give her credit for that, because i think it's more ignorant than it really is an informed (or even conscious) choice of words

the reason i say that is because lana never goes out of her way to prove her point, which leads me to believe that we're mostly lucky she happens to align with the most well-intentioned of us, even if she does it in the most clumsy way imaginable

it all speaks to a very effete mindset, where you'll cast a hex on trump and genuinely feel like that's so meaningful, and then pull the "i have (had) a black (boy)friend" card when challenged on the purpose and use of your actions/means

but she's convinced that she's the second coming of whatever the fuck, so there's really nothing we can say to her that would matter much, save your breath sistren

she's not woke by any stretch of the imagination, but she's nominally progressive, and i think that's good enough

whether she knows (how) to leverage this or not, it could serve in the interest of positive change and forward movement even as it is

because it's not cloying to the people that could be affected/compelled by it to re-examine themselves (and those who don't need to re-examine themselves as such, may be aggravated by it, i get that, but ultimately this message is not for them)

even though that re-examination would likely perpetuate the infuriating "but i have a black friend" shit, but hey, the more people we have casting hexes on trump or whatever the fuck, the better imo

no matter if they're eloquent or driven/given to change, outside of when it's somehow trendy to be forward-thinking

it's the popular opinion of the masses that sways decisionmaking, not the abstract fighting of two diametrically opposed groups

/mess

rihKQ8M.gif

honestly not to be a drama queen but i am SO glad i never took the plunge to get a lana tattoo (i was seriously considering it last year). if her views and way of articulating them are embarrassing and outdated now (which they are, lets be real), imagine the potential for embarrassment in the future... she could go from coming across ignorant to being straight up harmful and problematic, like morrissey. i truly hope she learns from this, sort of like in the lust for life era how she seemed to backtrack on her negative and strange comments regarding feminism - however, lana currently seems to be more stuck in her ways than ever (especially after the QFTC incident) so im not sure that's gonna happen.

im not perched on the edge of my seat waiting for her to fuck up again - i love this woman and her art dearly, and i really want to hope her way of thinking isn't as harmful, skewed-by-privilege and racially insensitive as it seems. who knows - she may even surprise in the next couple of days and clarify what she meant in a good way! but its very shaky territory with her right now and i feel like you never know when she's gonna dig a new hole for herself again. so yeah, this seemed to have gone off on a tangent but i guess im just breathing a sigh of relief that i never got a permanent dedication to her on my body :toofunny:

(no offence to anyone that did ofc!! some of the tattoos i've seen on lana fans are truly awesome)

Wq9zHLl.jpg

1 hour ago, gasstationkween said:

Do you think she’s racist like everyone outside of the fandom is calling her racist 

i would say it's her narcissism that keeps getting her in trouble.  That's what makes her double down, putting her foot further into her mouth each time this issue flares up.

"They mistook my narcissism for racism
I fucked up, I know that, but, Jesus
Can't a girl just do the best she can?"

26vMNDz.gif

6 hours ago, gasstationkween said:

Do you think she’s racist like everyone outside of the fandom is calling her racist 

I don't think she's racist but she's definitely ignorant. 

No one is a perfect ally but instead of listening to criticism and evaluating whether or not it has merit, she assumes everyone is a hater and doubles down on whatever she's said, insisting that she has "good intentions."

Good intentions are not enough. Sis needs to start listening and educating herself, or at least shut up about it because it's extremely cringe. 

ETA: @bummersummer is right, though: racism doesn't have to include intent, and it isn't for white people to decide. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

16 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

I don't think she's racist but she's definitely ignorant. 

No one is a perfect ally but instead of listening to criticism and evaluating whether or not it has merit, she assumes everyone is a hater and doubles down on whatever she's said, insisting that she has "good intentions."

Good intentions are not enough. Sis needs to start listening and educate herself, or at least shut up about it because it's extremely cringe. 

Yes she should just shut up. In general. Make music, make videos. Nothing in her actions indicates to me that she is racist or a bad person. She is too sensitive and has these bizzare outbursts and responses. Old news at this point. This is how she is. I keep hoping things will go smoothly then like Lucy and Charlie Brown the football gets pulled out of the way. Deja vu all over again. 

10 hours ago, ultrarescent said:

I thought I didn't have this problem until today. Her comment really rubbed me in the worst way possible. QftC didn't have a big impact on me cause it seemed more of a bad wording but here the issue is even bigger. How hasn't anyone told her how dumb she can sound? And I don't get it, how can a person that writes such beautiful songs and poems be so bad at expressing themselves with simple sentences???? Hope the comments that criticize her finally get in to her head. Or at least someone from Lizzy's friends that is brave enough to explain to her why people think of her as a racist. 

I could be completely wrong but I feel it's intentional. Like when she said "I'm not not a feminist", instead of straight up saying "I'm a feminist". For some reason she doesn't want to be direct with her statements. I can't tell if she thinks it will keep her mystery, or she doesn't want to sound too "modern" and is afraid of being a part of today's culture. I've noticed a lot of people do this, they want to act like they care about current issues but don't want to lose their cool, unbothered image. Instead of clearly saying she's concerned about inequality and supports any fight against it but in this case these are her friends in the cover (so it's not an attempt of pandering), Lana had to add a lot of unnecessary words to her pretentious comment and draw attention to herself and how she's "changing the world".

If she wants to sound mysterious and intelligent, there's no need to use confusing wording, just watch a David Bowie interview and notice how he will say direct sentences and seem worldly knowledgeable while still keeping his interesting aura.

I hope what I said makes sense.

1 hour ago, gasstationkween said:

i'm sad to say this, but she definitely falls somewhere among "minimization" & "veiled racism" in this pyramid.

pyramid_of_white_supremacy_campus_reform

you (general you) have to understand that racism doesn't just happen out of malicious hatred, it can be born out of ignorance and/or sheltered privilege  - and i definitely think that's her case. if so many poc are saying she's racist, it's for a reason & we (this we applies to white people) need to primarily listen to their voices here.

any white person is racist, or has been in the past - how could we not, we were raised in a system that upholds and teaches white supremacy. unlearning that is something we have to actively do all our lives, and the most disappointing thing for me re: lana is not that she falls into some of the behaviors above out of ignorance, but that she refuses to listen and learn and keeps reacting/responding from a haughty defensive place while making the same mistakes over and over.

Let's not pretend this is out of nowhere.  Ms. Grant has been dropping hints that she's an ignorant racist since the before the Ride video.  I'm personally guilty of looking the other way at times, but damn.  It's just impossible to defend at this point.