LDRO

Instagram Updates

20 minutes ago, Foxglove said:

Let's not pretend this is out of nowhere.  Ms. Grant has been dropping hints that she's an ignorant racist since the before the Ride video.  I'm personally guilty of looking the other way at times, but damn.  It's just impossible to defend at this point.

wait what:pout:

4 hours ago, daphnedinkley said:

honestly not to be a drama queen but i am SO glad i never took the plunge to get a lana tattoo (i was seriously considering it last year). if her views and way of articulating them are embarrassing and outdated now (which they are, lets be real), imagine the potential for embarrassment in the future... she could go from coming across ignorant to being straight up harmful and problematic, like morrissey. i truly hope she learns from this, sort of like in the lust for life era how she seemed to backtrack on her negative and strange comments regarding feminism - however, lana currently seems to be more stuck in her ways than ever (especially after the QFTC incident) so im not sure that's gonna happen.

im not perched on the edge of my seat waiting for her to fuck up again - i love this woman and her art dearly, and i really want to hope her way of thinking isn't as harmful, skewed-by-privilege and racially insensitive as it seems. who knows - she may even surprise in the next couple of days and clarify what she meant in a good way! but its very shaky territory with her right now and i feel like you never know when she's gonna dig a new hole for herself again. so yeah, this seemed to have gone off on a tangent but i guess im just breathing a sigh of relief that i never got a permanent dedication to her on my body :toofunny:

(no offence to anyone that did ofc!! some of the tattoos i've seen on lana fans are truly awesome)

celebrity-tattoo-lana-del-rey-1494875554

4 hours ago, daphnedinkley said:

honestly not to be a drama queen but i am SO glad i never took the plunge to get a lana tattoo (i was seriously considering it last year). if her views and way of articulating them are embarrassing and outdated now (which they are, lets be real), imagine the potential for embarrassment in the future... she could go from coming across ignorant to being straight up harmful and problematic, like morrissey. i truly hope she learns from this, sort of like in the lust for life era how she seemed to backtrack on her negative and strange comments regarding feminism - however, lana currently seems to be more stuck in her ways than ever (especially after the QFTC incident) so im not sure that's gonna happen.

im not perched on the edge of my seat waiting for her to fuck up again - i love this woman and her art dearly, and i really want to hope her way of thinking isn't as harmful, skewed-by-privilege and racially insensitive as it seems. who knows - she may even surprise in the next couple of days and clarify what she meant in a good way! but its very shaky territory with her right now and i feel like you never know when she's gonna dig a new hole for herself again. so yeah, this seemed to have gone off on a tangent but i guess im just breathing a sigh of relief that i never got a permanent dedication to her on my body :toofunny:

(no offence to anyone that did ofc!! some of the tattoos i've seen on lana fans are truly awesome)

I have a medium-large Lana tattoo (it's symbolic, not of her image ). Her consistent tone-deaf comments that come from the realm of white privilege/being wealthy bother me a lot, and it's nothing I'll ever defend from her. I can say that somehow the tattoo doesn't bother me at all, though. I don't always agree with her actions or stances, but the work she did on UV really impacted my life, and even if she goes off the deep end, I'll always appreciate how that album was there with me when I went through some of the darkest times of my life. Tbf, I'd probably feel different if I had gotten a portrait of her or something. Don't think I'd cover it necessarily, but I'd probably feel a little embarrassed.

I did have plans for a symbolic Honeymoon tattoo, still have the deposit down towards the piece. Maybe I'll just wait a little :toofunny:

11 minutes ago, rabbit said:

I have a medium-large Lana tattoo (it's symbolic, not of her image ). Her consistent tone-deaf comments that come from the realm of white privilege/being wealthy bother me a lot, and it's nothing I'll ever defend from her. I can say that somehow the tattoo doesn't bother me at all, though. I don't always agree with her actions or stances, but the work she did on UV really impacted my life, and even if she goes off the deep end, I'll always appreciate how that album was there with me when I went through some of the darkest times of my life. Tbf, I'd probably feel different if I had gotten a portrait of her or something. Don't think I'd cover it necessarily, but I'd probably feel a little embarrassed.

I did have plans for a symbolic Honeymoon tattoo, still have the deposit down towards the piece. Maybe I'll just wait a little :toofunny:

her music, her art and even her as a person will always have been (and will continue to be) a part of your life whether she was symbolically tattooed on you or not, so it's wonderful that you have something to commemorate that by! im glad you dont feel embarrassed by it. tbh i sorta feel the same way like as much as im glad i dont have one right now because of the reasons i listed before, i still do kinda want a few Video Games lyrics tatted on me bc that's literally my fav song of all time :defeated: ohhhh lana what are we gonna do with you girl....

25 minutes ago, Barry said:

celebrity-tattoo-lana-del-rey-1494875554

very this :toofunny:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

A post shared by Lana Del Rey (@lanadelrey)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

On 2/28/2020 at 9:36 AM, Foxglove said:

She's built her entire career glamorizing American history without a single mention of how the entire country she "loves" is built upon violence, carnage, millions of dead bodies, and complete disregard for life.  If it wasn't official before (and tbh I havent been a fan for a while) I cannot be a fan of Lana at the fuck all.  She has all this money and privilege and a massive platform with millions of fans doting on her every word, and she's doing jack shit with it.  What a fucking waste.

lanadelracist.jpg

"literally changing the world"

On 5/21/2020 at 6:15 PM, Foxglove said:

as Lana works in the entertainment industry, i do have to say

i am entertained.

that being said -

Lana is racist.  Megan Fox is right.  Beyonce would never do anything like this.  Red heads deserve what they get (jk).  I will without a doubt listen to the new album when it comes out in March 2021.

i fkn called it and didnt even have to cook my cat into a soup.

A post shared by Lana Del Rey (@lanadelrey)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS