LDRO

Instagram Updates

25 minutes ago, new gods said:

the way we always think shes gonna take a long break or retire then she hits us with something along the lines that she has the next album started

I think if we can gather one thing from Lana over the years it’s that she’s always writing music / putting stuff out 

I literally screeched when I saw the 5 minute vid. Ugh. I dont really feel sorry for her about the backlash. That interview was all over the place. Try making a notecard next time like everyone else 

Annie Mac: how've you been dealing with 2020?

Lana: *starts ranting ab politics*

Annie Mac: let's talk ab the sound of this record

Lana: *gets distracted then starts ranting ab politics*

(the next day)

Lana: why can't we just talk about the music? i was directly asked political questions!

----

Lana: *singlehandedly creates a storm ab racism, politics, etc, totally unprompted*

Complex: here's an article about Lana's comments

Lana: WHY are people writing things about the things I've said?!??!

1 minute ago, Foxglove said:

(the next day)

Lana: why can't we just talk about the music? i was directly asked political questions!

----

Lana: *singlehandedly creates a storm ab racism, politics, etc, totally unprompted*

Holy fuck that really happened :toofloppy:

4 minutes ago, new gods said:

the messy room and the wine glass on the nightstand.. she really must be going through it 

Lana fell off the wagon confirmed

Just now, Fart Deco said:

What color do y'all think the next album vinyl will be?

brown.

God just let this woman alone. She may messed up sometime but you can tell she's not malicious or anything so why trying to make her look bad and like a republican when you KNOW she never supported Trump? I mean there are some REAL fucked up artists. Lana may not be the typical "woke" girl you may want, but she's not fucking ignorant and evil like they want to show her. I would be mad too.

They took her weirdness out of context... :eek: 

I think the video clarifies (for me) that she assumes people know where she's coming from (liberal, anti-Trump), and it's a shock to her to be misinterpreted, even though her ambiguous words do honestly leave her open to that. 

I wish she would just say, "the sound bites from my interview were misleading; I'm horrified about the attack on the Capitol" and stop there. But I will say, I much prefer angry defiant "fuck you" Lana, because she's still making amazing music. I really worried she might flounce off and not make music. 

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

All I really want to say is I do trust her good intentions. But having good intentions doesn’t mean you don’t need a PR team because this is an actual nightmare. I totally get that she’s defending herself, but that’s because I’ve been a fan since 2012 and went through all the negative headlines with her. She needs to shush. I love her. But she needs to self-reflect. She needs to listen to people who aren’t telling her that everything she says is fine just because she says it with good intentions. Having good intentions just isn’t enough.

Edited by lanasgirl

10 minutes ago, Foxglove said:

(the next day)

----

Annie specifically asked her how she feels about 2020, and even said that she asks everyone on the show and gets a wide range of interesting answers. Eventually she tried to redirect to the music, but let's not pretend Annie was like "tell us about the album" and Lana was like "well actually, politics..." Annie even cut her off at one point when she started talking about the music to say hi to her cats. 

As for Complex, I don't know how anyone could read their headline and the implications that came with it and think that they were being fair. They knew exactly what they were doing, and they absolutely deserve to be dragged for it.

1 minute ago, uvbabe said:

God just let this woman alone. She may messed up sometime but you can tell she's not malicious or anything so why trying to make her look bad and like a republican when you KNOW she never supported Trump? I mean there are some REAL fucked up artists. Lana may not be the typical "woke" girl you may want, but she's not fucking ignorant and evil like they want to show her. I would be mad too.

boo we know she didn't support Trump.  but voting for Biden doesn't make someone not racist.  Biden is a racist (and a rapist at that but thats another issue).  Lana IS ignorant.  i don't think she's intentionally malicious.  but the only reason anyone is talking about this is because she brought it up herself,  she didnt need to but she did.  she brought this allllllll on herself.  and now shes continuing to fuel the fire.

PD I am NOT justifying her because she have said some pretty fucked up things, like her ig comment when she posted the cover... but I believe she was just desperate to prove she's not like people say. Maybe her wording wasn't the best, but imagine having the whole fucking world saying you're something you are NOT. I would be desperate too. I want it to be all about the music just like her tbh. 

Lana is getting heat for spitting out a take that’s not a typical “I condemn Trump and leave at that” or the more hypocritical “both sides” that Matthew McConaghey, Chris Evans etc were doing. This take isn’t even new from Lana. She talks about it in Violet. 

Sociopathy has become a function of American politics. There have been many articles and books written about this angle.