LDRO

Instagram Updates

1 minute ago, Foxglove said:

boo we know she didn't support Trump.  but voting for Biden doesn't make someone not racist.  Biden is a racist (and a rapist at that but thats another issue).  Lana IS ignorant.  i don't think she's intentionally malicious.  but the only reason anyone is talking about this is because she brought it up herself,  she didnt need to but she did.  she brought this allllllll on herself.  and now shes continuing to fuel the fire.

Girl I know voting for Biden is not being "good". Only an american would think that, and that's what they do. But that Complex article was damn evil sorry. 

A post shared by Lana Del Rey (@lanadelrey)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

2 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Annie specifically asked her how she feels about 2020, and even said that she asks everyone on the show and gets a wide range of interesting answers. Eventually she tried to redirect to the music, but let's not pretend Annie was like "tell us about the album" and Lana was like "well actually, politics..." Annie even cut her off at one point when she started talking about the music to say hi to her cats. 

As for Complex, I don't know how anyone could read their headline and the implications that came with it and think that they were being fair. They knew exactly what they were doing, and they absolutely deserve to be dragged for it.

i disagree ab Annie.  to me, she sounded more uncomfortable the more the interview went on.  i don't think Annie expected the interview to go the way it did, with Lana mostly ranting about whatever was on her mind, i.e. politics, race optics, etc.  She didn't ask her any questions about the capitol riots or trump or anything.  Lana brought that up.  she asked her about her comment on the album art, because Lana posted an insane comment.

i don't think Complex was necessarily being fair, but they were doing what publications that rely on clicks and views do - post some shit people will click on.  and they used actual quotes and shit.  i don't think Lana is a trump supporter, but voting for Biden doesn't excuse ignorance.  really, she could have just sat that and not said anything.

3 minutes ago, uvbabe said:

PD I am NOT justifying her because she have said some pretty fucked up things, like her ig comment when she posted the cover... but I believe she was just desperate to prove she's not like people say. Maybe her wording wasn't the best, but imagine having the whole fucking world saying you're something you are NOT. I would be desperate too. I want it to be all about the music just like her tbh. 

It will be all about the music when she talks more about the music and less about politics :toofunny:

Just now, Ultra Violet said:

It will be all about the music when she talks more about the music and less about politics :toofunny:

Yeah I hope she doesn't even answer next time.

Just now, Foxglove said:

i disagree ab Annie.  to me, she sounded more uncomfortable the more the interview went on.  i don't think Annie expected the interview to go the way it did, with Lana mostly ranting about whatever was on her mind, i.e. politics, race optics, etc.  She didn't ask her any questions about the capitol riots or trump or anything.  Lana brought that up.  she asked her about her comment on the album art, because Lana posted an insane comment.

i don't think Complex was necessarily being fair, but they were doing what publications that rely on clicks and views do - post some shit people will click on.  and they used actual quotes and shit.  i don't think Lana is a trump supporter, but voting for Biden doesn't excuse ignorance.  really, she could have just sat that and not said anything.

Of course Annie got uncomfortable as it went on, but people are acting like Lana turned to politics completely unprompted while Annie tried to discuss the music. Asking about 2020 is a loaded question, of course she's going to get into politics. She just didn't do it in as streamlined and concise of a manner as people would have liked, but her points were totally valid and she has every right to express them.

Complex is too major of a publication for total trash clickbait headlines like that, especially given the long relationship they have with Lana. It was completely disrespectful and tasteless.

imagine if instead of posting or saying anything lana has said the past two days, that she jsut posted that video of her having fun and left it..  maybe people would actually talk ab the song/video instead of all this other insanity

3 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Annie specifically asked her how she feels about 2020, and even said that she asks everyone on the show and gets a wide range of interesting answers. Eventually she tried to redirect to the music, but let's not pretend Annie was like "tell us about the album" and Lana was like "well actually, politics..." Annie even cut her off at one point when she started talking about the music to say hi to her cats. 

As for Complex, I don't know how anyone could read their headline and the implications that came with it and think that they were being fair. They knew exactly what they were doing, and they absolutely deserve to be dragged for it.

Cliterally... no one is saying Annie is a bad interviewer for it but that is how the interview went! But I guess Lana said what she wanted to say and the consequences of that are that people are going to feel however they want to feel about it.

rmeoRD5.gifvUV63Kk.gif KXksriz.gif

.。*゚+.*.。𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝔂 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓬𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓷'

𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓻...゚+..。*゚+