LDRO

Instagram Updates

6 minutes ago, sexyslutboy said:

Of course she's still bringing up how totally not-rich she was. still hung up on the criticism she was getting like 7 years ago when it has nothing to do with the issue at hand

Watch her bring up the Guardian interview next Alexis Petridis | The Guardian

i think lana hearing the sentence "you're privileged"  sounds something like "you're a fraud, you were handed everything you never worked a single day in your life. bitch" in her head 

and her hearing "you're ignorant about racial issues" sounds like "you're literally hitler. i bet you commit hate crimes for fun" 

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

6 minutes ago, sexyslutboy said:

i think lana hearing the sentence "you're privileged"  sounds something like "you're a fraud, you were handed everything you never worked a single day in your life. bitch" in her head 

and her hearing "you're ignorant about racial issues" sounds like "you're literally hitler. i bet you commit hate crimes for fun" 

And I think she heard "we don't like the album cover" as "we don't want your album, stop making music" :(

50 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Okay that was my favorite Question for the Culture episode. If y'all keep on misunderstanding her then it's on you :toofunny: 

i think a lot of people understand her just fine but disagree.  If y'all keep on enabling your own ignorance then it's on you :toofunny:

2 minutes ago, sexyslutboy said:

I don’t think it’s necessarily that, but rather the fact that there are actual tweets saying both of the things you said she hears. 

In 2011 everyone doubted her credibility because of her father, saying he bought her career since she has “no talent.” She was a new artist in the public eye and I can imagine people chalking up her career to a parent’s alleged money coupled with the backlash of SNL and the polarizing reviews of BTD (which often had more to do with her image than her music) traumatized her. 

And all of 2020, I’ve seen so many tweets of people saying Lana looks “racist”, stuff that says “she looks like she’d hate crime me” and don’t get me started on some of the photoshopped images of her with confederate flags, posing with Trump.

That’s damaging - I know I would absolutely feel defensive and protective of myself if I saw people creating damaging images and portrayals of me. Her own fans do it - @/gayjailer on Instagram is notorious for doing that. 

I’m not saying that she shouldn’t access resources to learn more - we all can, as our world is ever-changing and it’s important to be aware of what’s going on - but her defending herself against several misrepresentations shouldn’t be seen as big of a deal as it’s being made. 

Btw I’m not saying this at you, I’m just using what you said as a prompt to point this out. ;)

13 minutes ago, Foxglove said:

i think a lot of people understand her just fine but disagree.  If y'all keep on enabling your own ignorance then it's on you :toofunny:

But she hasn't said anything wrong this time around imo 

3 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

But she hasn't said anything wrong this time around imo 

sjw's don't care. It's not actually about what the problematic person says, it's about the rush they get of feeling morally superior

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

1 minute ago, HillSongExHomoCantor said:

sjw's don't care. It's not actually about what the problematic person says, it's about the rush they get of feeling morally superior

isn't this what youre doing right now? placing yourself above this monolith of "sjw"s?  how's the rush?

4 minutes ago, Foxglove said:

isn't this what youre doing right now? placing yourself above this monolith of "sjw"s?  how's the rush?

i was about to say that lol. how are you gonna go on the internet and morally condemn people for morally condemning people on the internet

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

1 minute ago, Foxglove said:

sorry hun, unlike lana I don't feed the trolls. I wasn't placing myself above sjw's (a loaded term but useful descriptor for people who spend hours on a website scrutinizing a celebrity;s word for any misspeak or fauz pas. I used to be an sjw. Then I learned empathy and perspective. self-righteous shaming doesn't actually fix the world or the people in it. I feel no rush, in fact it is absolutely exhausting to deal with such bad faith actors. Yawn.

Doesn't Lana look great in the video of her and her friends dancing?

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

1 minute ago, HillSongExHomoCantor said:

She looks hot as fuck. Blonde Lana is best Lana. I always thought people looked best with their natural hair color.

38 minutes ago, sexyslutboy said:

i think that’s how everyone hears it tbh. Or at least that’s how I do. Especially in the context of my work. 

Let’s not forget Lana has been through some serious shit, as she’s openly spoken and sung about in the past. For anyone to write her off as “privileged” negates what she’s been through. Yes, her battles have been different than others in her industry, but that doesn’t mean she hasn’t had to claw her way up and out—privilege is objective. While some may see her privilege from the outside looking in, she sees her own troubles and turmoils and everything she had to do to get where she is. But that’s also true vice-versa: she is doing to others what has been done to her by complaining that Beyoncé/Ariana/Doja are privileged enough to be allowed to sing about female fragility. They’ve had to fight for their place at the table equally but differently than she has, and she can’t overlook that. 

Everyone is privileged in their own unique way, and the best thing we can do is move forward with our own lives without wanting to label and point out other peoples privileges compared to our own. And that goes for both LDR and the rest of the world around her. 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

6 minutes ago, HillSongExHomoCantor said:

sorry hun, unlike lana I don't feed the trolls. I wasn't placing myself above sjw's (a loaded term but useful descriptor for people who spend hours on a website scrutinizing a celebrity;s word for any misspeak or fauz pas. I used to be an sjw. Then I learned empathy and perspective. self-righteous shaming doesn't actually fix the world or the people in it. I feel no rush, in fact it is absolutely exhausting to deal with such bad faith actors. Yawn.

lol bitch i logged on for the  music video and stayed for the breakdown.  Lana is an entertainer, and her making a fool of herself by playing woke is entertaining to me, call it schadenfreude idk idc, she's a fuckin millionaire public figure.  i'm not shaming anyone, im kiki-ing with the other fags ab a cultural moment featuring an artist i used to connect with.  can i really be called a "bad faith actor" on a pop star fansite?  what's my agenda in yer eye, to ruin her career?  the rush of feeling morally superior?  lol i'd really be self-righteous if i thought lanaboards comments had that power

Honestly I really got all of the points she made in the video - it made sense and I didn't necessarily disagree with anything that she was saying and was glad she further articulated what she meant

21 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

She looks hot as fuck. Blonde Lana is best Lana. I always thought people looked best with their natural hair color.

Right?! I wasn't too hot about her blonde at first but it really grew on me! And as soon as it did she had dyed it back. You always miss something when it's gone I guess :krylie:

35 minutes ago, HillSongExHomoCantor said:

No it is EXACTLY about what she has said. She equated being a rapper to being black. She equated having non-white friends to not being racist. She's been insensitive to every fan who genuinely has been hurt by these comments. WE KNOW she is not racist, but saying these things is stupid as fuck and she should know better if she had payed ANY attention during the BLM protesting last year. 

I am upset that she said those things because it actually upsets poc. I've seen comments from black fans saying "please Lana no" "we love you, don't do this" "you're making it so hard to love you" and I stand with them because it would be so hard to see someone you love say such ignorant things that involve you. 

I don't care if you think I'm doing it be morally superior. Have some fucking standards.