LDRO

Instagram Updates

1 hour ago, PARADIXO said:

Okay that was my favorite Question for the Culture episode. If y'all keep on misunderstanding her then it's on you :toofunny: 

This ? 

I was kinda hoping that COCC was going to be an FU album after her first episode of 'Question for the Culture', but given it's lack of advisory, I'm guessing not. There is just something about Lana saying the word "fuck" that has such impact ?

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

39 minutes ago, HillSongExHomoCantor said:

sorry hun, unlike lana I don't feed the trolls. I wasn't placing myself above sjw's (a loaded term but useful descriptor for people who spend hours on a website scrutinizing a celebrity;s word for any misspeak or fauz pas. I used to be an sjw. Then I learned empathy and perspective. self-righteous shaming doesn't actually fix the world or the people in it. I feel no rush, in fact it is absolutely exhausting to deal with such bad faith actors. Yawn.

Doesn't Lana look great in the video of her and her friends dancing?

Is ignoring the offended poc how you show empathy and perspective?

33 minutes ago, Mer said:

i think that’s how everyone hears it tbh. Or at least that’s how I do. Especially in the context of my work. 

Let’s not forget Lana has been through some serious shit, as she’s openly spoken and sung about in the past. For anyone to write her off as “privileged” negates what she’s been through. Yes, her battles have been different than others in her industry, but that doesn’t mean she hasn’t had to claw her way up and out—privilege is objective. While some may see her privilege from the outside looking in, she sees her own troubles and turmoils and everything she had to do to get where she is. But that’s also true vice-versa: she is doing to others what has been done to her by complaining that Beyoncé/Ariana/Doja are privileged enough to be allowed to sing about female fragility. They’ve had to fight for their place at the table equally but differently than she has, and she can’t overlook that. 

Everyone is privileged in their own unique way, and the best thing we can do is move forward with our own lives without wanting to label and point out other peoples privileges compared to our own. And that goes for both LDR and the rest of the world around her. 

the privilege people are saying she has is white privilege it isn’t about wealth or being handed everything. a POC could experience and have everything lana has but they wouldn’t be 100% equals as they’re still a minority due to their race/ethnicity.

i love you, but you don't understand me.

1 hour ago, Foxglove said:

i think a lot of people understand her just fine but disagree.  If y'all keep on enabling your own ignorance then it's on you :toofunny:

i personally think it's more ignorant to surrender your brain to indoctrination and allow yourself to  become part of the rat race. girl dont you want to think for yourself and realise that none of this really matters like at all?

12 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

No it is EXACTLY about what she has said. She equated being a rapper to being black. She equated having non-white friends to not being racist. She's been insensitive to every fan who genuinely has been hurt by these comments. WE KNOW she is not racist, but saying these things is stupid as fuck and she should know better if she had payed ANY attention during the BLM protesting last year. 

I am upset that she said those things because it actually upsets poc. I've seen comments from black fans saying "please Lana no" "we love you, don't do this" "you're making it so hard to love you" and I stand with them because it would be so hard to see someone you love say such ignorant things that involve you. 

I don't care if you think I'm doing it be morally superior. Have some fucking standards. 

if people are actually upset by what this one random celebrity has said they need HELP girl they need therapy. bitches choose to be upset :toofloppy:

7 minutes ago, honey dew said:

i personally think it's more ignorant to surrender your brain to indoctrination and allow yourself to  become part of the rat race. girl dont you want to think for yourself and realise that none of this really matters like at all?

whose indoctrination?

but wow yeah "none of this really matters" - nihilism, another tired take.  wasn't Lana the one who said "i'm literally changing the world"?

2 minutes ago, honey dew said:

if people are actually upset by what this one random celebrity has said they need HELP girl they need therapy. bitches choose to be upset :toofloppy:

i recognize that the revolution is not gonna happen in Lana's comments on insta, but people deal with real issues in real fuckn life.  it's not just nothing.  we're living in an unprecedented time where people's survival is hanging in the balance bc of real, important issues Lana herself decides to bring up and butcher.  we're discussing issues of race, politics, privilege, poverty, etc. on Lanaboards only because Lana brought the shit up and centered herself in these issues.  if it doesn't matter to you, what do you really even have to say about the matter?

56 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

She looks hot as fuck. Blonde Lana is best Lana. I always thought people looked best with their natural hair color.

i'm gonna disagree that blonde is best (i genuinely loved it on her but she is so glam in dark hair) but yes, so hot! :makeup:

aOaIzH2.gif

1 minute ago, Foxglove said:

whose indoctrination?

but wow yeah "none of this really matters" - nihilism, another tired take.  wasn't Lana the one who said "i'm literally changing the world"?

i recognize that the revolution is not gonna happen in Lana's comments on insta, but people deal with real issues in real fuckn life.  it's not just nothing.  we're living in an unprecedented time where people's survival is hanging in the balance bc of real, important issues Lana herself decides to bring up and butcher.  we're discussing issues of race, politics, privilege, poverty, etc. on Lanaboards only because Lana brought the shit up and centered herself in these issues.  if it doesn't matter to you, what do you really even have to say about the matter?

your indoctrination along with all of the other young hard left internet activists (me years ago). i'm actually pointedly not nihilistic it's just reality that Lana Del Rey's opinion is an abstract thing she could say the N word and people would get upset but ultimately it's inconsequential. she has a celebrity platform not the power to pass laws and launch missiles. isn't it ironically racist to think that poc are so sensitive and vulnerable they need to be defended from opinions? what matters to me is that people stop identifying so much with victimhood because i know how blinding and burdensome it is

10 minutes ago, honey dew said:

your indoctrination along with all of the other young hard left internet activists (me years ago). i'm actually pointedly not nihilistic it's just reality that Lana Del Rey's opinion is an abstract thing she could say the N word and people would get upset but ultimately it's inconsequential. she has a celebrity platform not the power to pass laws and launch missiles. isn't it ironically racist to think that poc are so sensitive and vulnerable they need to be defended from opinions? what matters to me is that people stop identifying so much with victimhood because i know how blinding and burdensome it is

lol you clearly do not know me, so i'm just gonna ignore your projection here re: indoctrination.  i agree that Lana Del Rey's opinions don't mean very much in the grand scheme.  as i said a couple posts up, i'm here for the entertainment and discussion.  calling out Lana's obvious ignorance about the political issues she brings up, on a Lana fan site, isn't really a crusade for justice, just more internet comments.

i think it's really interesting you're also projecting identifying with victimhood on me, other users, or POC Lana fans who think she's on some dumb shit lol.  no one's saying people are so sensitive, vulnerable, or need to be defended from opinions except literally you and Lana ... didnt she just post a 5 minute video on insta ab how she's being attacked and victimized?  i can't.  i hope you sort out your issues ma'am.

53 minutes ago, honey dew said:

Even if that thing actually does have racist connotations? And if that random celebrity is someone they actually love a lot? Oh gee ok

Just now, Foxglove said:

girl u better call her doctor then bc whatever meds she's taking are not good for her health & well being

Baby.. who are you to speculate about her health and well being? That's none of your business and to be honest thats really disrespectful to insinuate that she's got something wrong with her. Quite embarrassing too.

Bold of you to defame her while using her pic.

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

6 minutes ago, Herzeleid said:

Baby.. who are you to speculate about her health and well being? That's none of your business and to be honest thats really disrespectful to insinuate that she's got something wrong with her. Quite embarrassing too.

Bold of you to defame her while using her pic.

im an anonymous internet commenter, jus like you

33 minutes ago, Herzeleid said:

Is that all?

yep, that's all... im just an ignorant anon commenter with no friends, talent, backstory, interesting traits, worthwhile perspective, or valid opinions /s :( and even i can tell Lana's struggling with her health & well being lol

11 minutes ago, Foxglove said:

yep, that's all... im just an ignorant anon commenter with no friends, talent, backstory, interesting traits, worthwhile perspective, or valid opinions :( and even i can tell Lana's struggling with her health & well being lol

damn I didn't ask for you to degrade yourself like that :yawn:

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee