LDRO

Instagram Updates

They seem happy :whatever: c'mon, he quickly apologized for those old tweets, he seems genuinely interested in her AND (most importantly) he's not a c*p 

I don't even follow her relationships that much but I think we should stop worrying :brows3:

Capture.jpg

Lana was lurking on the 'gram last night & commented this on an Instagram post of her Video Games performance in Dublin in 2013 - 

50863069408_ffcaa1148f_o.jpg

The post:

A post shared by gaby ? (@06.21.85)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

29 minutes ago, Elle said:

Lana was lurking on the 'gram last night & commented this on an Instagram post of her Video Games performance in Dublin in 2013 - 

50863069408_ffcaa1148f_o.jpg

The post:

The level of weirdness this woman gets to reach never ceases to amaze me. Truly funny to be able to see this kind of stuff.

3 hours ago, sjatib said:

The level of weirdness this woman gets to reach never ceases to amaze me. Truly funny to be able to see this kind of stuff.

But it's not weird...right? :biblio: it looks like some cute interaction with her fans to me

Capture.jpg

2 hours ago, past the bushes said:

But it's not weird...right? :biblio: it looks like some cute interaction with her fans to me

Oh, I meant weird in a good way! Like, ye, she's interacting with her fans and thats lovely, and the words and the message she happens to leave there are kinda absurd, so thats what makes it so funny for me to see... But definetly a beautiful weird way to express her presence!

31 minutes ago, cherryblossoms said:

I think the annotations on Spotify quotes Lana saying that the chorus refers to one person while the verses were written in reference to another guy

She explained it in the dazed interview from 2011 and also talks about it in the MTV brand interview from 2012

The verse was about the way things were with one person, and the chorus was the way that I wished things had really been with another person, who I thought about for a long time,” she says, breaking into an acapella of the song. “‘Swinging in the backyard, pull up in your fast car, whistling my name’. That was what happened, you know? He’d come home and I’d see him. But then the chorus, ‘Heaven is a place on earth with you, tell me all the things you wanna do’ wasn’t like that. That was the way that I wished it was – the melody sounds so compelling and heavenly because I wanted it to be that way. The verse is more matter-of-fact because that’s how it was. It’s a mix of memories and the way I wished it could have been. 

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

9 minutes ago, lamms said:

She explained it in the dazed interview from 2011 and also talks about it in the MTV brand interview from 2012

The verse was about the way things were with one person, and the chorus was the way that I wished things had really been with another person, who I thought about for a long time,” she says, breaking into an acapella of the song. “‘Swinging in the backyard, pull up in your fast car, whistling my name’. That was what happened, you know? He’d come home and I’d see him. But then the chorus, ‘Heaven is a place on earth with you, tell me all the things you wanna do’ wasn’t like that. That was the way that I wished it was – the melody sounds so compelling and heavenly because I wanted it to be that way. The verse is more matter-of-fact because that’s how it was. It’s a mix of memories and the way I wished it could have been. 

This is probably going to sound really unhinged but I hope someone knows what I mean: does anyone else sense the similarity between the verses of VG, and those of COCC? Sonically, they're not the same key or anything but they share that same brand of repetitious matter-of-fact melody which, to her, evidently denotes day-to-day life.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

14 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

This is probably going to sound really unhinged but I hope someone knows what I mean: does anyone else sense the similarity between the verses of VG, and those of COCC? Sonically, they're not the same key or anything but they share that same brand of repetitious matter-of-fact melody which, to her, evidently denotes day-to-day life.

It’s not unhinged at all. The paragraph actually goes a bit further and it totally fits COTCC‘s landscape and what you noticed:

Just because things happened a certain way doesn’t mean that that’s the way that they are. It really is what you choose to think about. Bad things happen every day but you’re not going to be any happier thinking about them. So I don’t think about them. I don’t have that luxury any more. Some people say that ‘Video Games’ stops them in their tracks; it’s that kind of song. It’s just really sad

I‘ll lust link the interview here, in case anyone wants to read it again

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????