LDRO

Instagram Updates

The fact that the specific article she chose somehow has a point... Like, it discusses in a kinda non conflict-searching way her definetly odd choices. She came out of the blue with that explanation on how her (terrible) cover art was inclusive. Nothing was known till then about the album, but the title and two songs that were truly loved. No one criticised "all about the album" before she wrote that absurd rant after posting the cover. This doesnt make sense at all. And as much as I love her, its starting to get disgusting how much she still manages to make a huge issue as racism just about herself. I get that artists build also on controversy, but there's limits. Either if she's actually as uninformed as she shows or if she is willingly setting up the chaos for whatever reasons, this is getting right now actually offensive.

4 minutes ago, sjatib said:

The fact that the specific article she chose somehow has a point... Like, it discusses in a kinda non conflict-searching way her definetly odd choices. She came out of the blue with that explanation on how her (terrible) cover art was inclusive. Nothing was known till then about the album, but the title and two songs that were truly loved. No one criticised "all about the album" before she wrote that absurd rant after posting the cover. This doesnt make sense at all. And as much as I love her, its starting to get disgusting how much she still manages to make a huge issue as racism just about herself. I get that artists build also on controversy, but there's limits. Either if she's actually as uninformed as she shows or if she is willingly setting up the chaos for whatever reasons, this is getting right now actually offensive.

yeah it’s getting obnoxious at this point... but the stans continue to hype it up for a little girlboss moment i guess :awkney:

I bet she will put Dealer on this, when a fan asked about it during her Violet book signing/reading she answered in a really excited way 

Gangster Nancy Sinatra
"And I want revenge"

5 minutes ago, sjatib said:

Pretty sure Lana saw memes making fun of her (terrible) cover, or she was at least trying to get ahead of the criticism because she expected her cover to be a talking point (and a negative one).

I don't think she's trying to make this about herself as much as she's trying to distance herself from that issue and make it clear that this is not her narrative. 

Well... She just can't not do it I guess.

I understand that she has severe trust issues and trauma regarding media and her narrative that makes her overly defensive, but it is absolutely puzzling to me how apparently no one of her friends of color in her inner circle havent sat her down and been like 'you know what you did was wrong right?' like what?

Anyway, incoming panned offensive full cancellation era shes just digging in. I get that she thinks this 'controversy' is unwarranted like the other ones, but its not the same thing and shes gonna learn that the hard way if her team or someone doesn't stop her.

I'm not a psychologist nor am I diagnosing her. Just trying to give a different perspective on her rants: Honestly, unless you're a sociopath, no one with a shred of empathy or compassion in their hearts can handle the levels of fame and notoriety that she has amassed over this past decade. On the outside it looks nice and easy to be famous, but going from living recklessly to having every single thought and action put under a microscope, she was bound to go off the rails. Clearly it's starting to negatively impact her mental health, and I hope she reaches out for help before it gets worse.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

14 minutes ago, sjatib said:

The article could have made a better point, if the author didn’t blame Lana for not addressing Brooklyn‘s gentrification in Brooklyn Baby or calling her out on wearing French Braids. 
Lana is ignorant on issues like these, but these articles keep coming up trying to rewrite her discography or questioning her authenticity still after 10 years are tiresome and not talking at the issue at hand really. If they want to make a point, then do so, without reaching otherwise no one will take it serious. Which is exactly what happened when the article came out. I’ve read better articles calling her out on her bullshit, but this one wasn’t it.

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

2 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

I'm not a psychologist nor am I diagnosing her. Just trying to give a different perspective on her rants: Honestly, unless you're a sociopath, no one with a shred of empathy or compassion in their hearts can handle the levels of fame and notoriety that she has amassed over this past decade. On the outside it looks nice and easy to be famous, but going from living recklessly to having every single thought and action put under a microscope, she was bound to go off the rails. Clearly it's starting to negatively impact her mental health, and I hope she reaches out for help before it gets worse.

Couldn't agree more :(

Gangster Nancy Sinatra
"And I want revenge"

Her team or someone very close to her really needs to level with her about this, cause its not cute and It seems like there are too many people in her circle who are just like 'you did nothing wrong they're crazy, keep doing you sis!'

Like, her intentions aren't bad, and she knows that and people around her know that, but its totally fine to be like, I can see where I messed up etc... Kind of a basic life skill really, though one clearly thats been widdled away in her case.

If people associate you with the neo-Nazis on Capitol Hill, you should speak up against it. Like when white supremacists embraced Taylor Swift and she was silent about it, it was concerning

I think she saw that article when it first came out and saved it for when she (rather unexpectedly) got critical acclaim for COCC. 

18 minutes ago, AphroditeBaby said:

I understand that she has severe trust issues and trauma regarding media and her narrative that makes her overly defensive, but it is absolutely puzzling to me how apparently no one of her friends of color in her inner circle havent sat her down and been like 'you know what you did was wrong right?' like what?

Because they're obviously not real friends. They're her token nonwhite friends. All my extremely close friends, and I've seen this in other multiracial friend groups, talk about race and all that shit very freely. True friendship gives an extremely comfortable amount of freedom that would be horrifyingly uncomfortable for 3rd parties unaccustomed to it who witness it. (idk how to phrase this properly) Good friends want to educate you but in a very shitposty 'i love you but you're dumb as shit' way. I can't explain it. I shitpost racial tropes with my friends all the time. Taking the piss out of life while letting your friends know backhandedly you're aware of the particular racism they face.

I think Lana is that one white friend we've all had that feigns this fake wokeness so they seem 'sensitive' and 'compassionate'  but you wouldn't trust the bitch when the revolution came. But most woke women do this, they're somehow always dating the type of person they proclaim to hate. 'I hate straight white men' but their bf is the straightest whitest man you've ever seen in your life on top of having the matching personality.

Back in 2012, did she not have any friends that were like 'Lana, you can't play dress-up with Native American clothing because you painted houses one time at a reservation.' And donating money to them doesn't change anything. White people are always paying folk to let them be racist towards them lmao. 'I'll give you thousands of dollars, let me call you the n word in my funny skit or my pretentious film.' I guess it's better than just racism huh.

(Bonus: her 'im not racist, my best friends are rappers' has the same energy as Biden's 'poor kids are just as smart as white kids' Why are they like this lol)

I love Lana's music but boy, is she unbelievably mediocre as a person. Being average is fine but she's convinced she's running with the wolves. ?

46 minutes ago, Fetish said:

Because they're obviously not real friends. They're her token nonwhite friends. All my extremely close friends, and I've seen this in other multiracial friend groups, talk about race and all that shit very freely. True friendship gives an extremely comfortable amount of freedom that would be horrifyingly uncomfortable for 3rd parties unaccustomed to it who witness it. (idk how to phrase this properly) Good friends want to educate you but in a very shitposty 'i love you but you're dumb as shit' way. I can't explain it. I shitpost racial tropes with my friends all the time. Taking the piss out of life while letting your friends know backhandedly you're aware of the particular racism they face.

I think Lana is that one white friend we've all had that feigns this fake wokeness so they seem 'sensitive' and 'compassionate'  but you wouldn't trust the bitch when the revolution came. But most woke women do this, they're somehow always dating the type of person they proclaim to hate. 'I hate straight white men' but their bf is the straightest whitest man you've ever seen in your life on top of having the matching personality.

Back in 2012, did she not have any friends that were like 'Lana, you can't play dress-up with Native American clothing because you painted houses one time at a reservation.' And donating money to them doesn't change anything. White people are always paying folk to let them be racist towards them lmao. 'I'll give you thousands of dollars, let me call you the n word in my funny skit or my pretentious film.' I guess it's better than just racism huh.

(Bonus: her 'im not racist, my best friends are rappers' has the same energy as Biden's 'poor kids are just as smart as white kids' Why are they like this lol)

I love Lana's music but boy, is she unbelievably mediocre as a person. Being average is fine but she's convinced she's running with the wolves. ?

:oprah:

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/art-books-music/a35311661/lana-del-rey-appropriation/

This is the article she was referencing. I seriously think she has some stability issues. She just released her record and now she puts this post out. I don't know it is so unfortunate to me. She has been very famous for a long time now. I am not saying it's easy but her public outbursts due to her hyper sensitivity may not end well. I feel bad. I genuinely hope she gets some help.