LDRO

Instagram Updates

25 minutes ago, Max said:

If they really thought she was as dumb, or toxic, as some people make her out to be, I don't think all of them would still put up with her? Maybe some of them would keep up with her for clout (we know which one), but I'm pretty sure if sure if she was as ignorant or unwilling to get "eDucAtEd" they would just dumb her ass on the curbside. I know I would.

Some of her friends did seemingly ditch her, though. 

Marina. Twigs. Ariana. Kehlani. 

I'm not commenting on her character but there's no denying sis has made some very ignorant comments over the past year. The way each individual friend responded to it isn't really a good gauge because there are so many unknowns. 

Anyway, I'm glad she deleted the story because this should be a happy time for her and she shouldn't be focussing on stuff like that. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

4 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

I'm not commenting on her character but there's no denying sis has made some very ignorant comments over the past year. The way each individual friend responded to it isn't really a good gauge because there are so many unknowns. 

Anyway, I'm glad she deleted the story because this should be a happy time for her and she shouldn't be focussing on stuff like that. 

That's fair honestly. But I'm genuinely curious if she were ever really friends with the people mentioned here? Or if they were just people she happened to know because of the industry and they never really hung out more than a handful of times? Anyway.

I'm happy she deleted that story too, she does not the need to feed the ego of people like Iman.

2 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

Exactly. It's perfectly fine to enjoy a full week of a release AND be upset about something someone wrote about you. :ahh:  If she waited just a bit to post it might come off a bit less unhinged. :hype:

8 hours ago, RormanNockwell said:

A friend sent me a ss of something on Reddit (?) and it was basically saying that she probably thought she'd be able to use some disparaging article about COCC, but all of the COCC reviews and articles are good, so she dredged up an old article from January. So the theory is that this was all planned, just like she seemingly planned her response to the album cover non-comments.

i thought this too. she was just waiting to announce her ‘public enemy’ album :toofunny: lana don’t need no more press! 

2 hours ago, Poor Stacy said:

Do you know who you stan? Seriously asking

I stan myself and only myself.

I assume you're too young to understand.

Once you reach an age, you just enjoy the music, but defend the person who sings my favorite songs? Nope. Teenagers do that, not grown ass people.

2 hours ago, RormanNockwell said:

Many of the people criticising her are POC. We, as white people, don't get to dismiss their feelings or her remarks on the basis of her good intentions. 

A great place to hear what black people think about Lana is on Lipstick Alley and Pop Justice. The babies crying on here about negative comments towards Lana wouldn't last 5 mins in any of the Lana threads on those two sites. People have been doxxed on Lipstick Alley for pissing off the wrong person. lol

Lana is one of the most hated people on LSA right next to Trump. Black people for the most part just don't like Lana after the Culture bullshit. I wonder what Byron thinks of all this. He probably thinks she's ignorant but says nothing in order to keep working. Shit, I don't think even her own father and siblings say anything because they are terrified of her freezing them out just like she's done with Patty.

To make her situation worst, she named Beyonce in that stupid essay of hers. I won't even get into what the Bey-Hive think about her.

2 hours ago, FredRed said:

Exactly. It's perfectly fine to enjoy a full week of a release AND be upset about something someone wrote about you. :ahh:  If she waited just a bit to post it might come off a bit less unhinged. :hype:

the article was 2 months ago lol. it really seemed like she waited until the album was out so she could attack the author without her managers or her label being angry with the bad press right before an album release. sis couldn’t even wait one week. 

On 3/19/2021 at 7:37 PM, Elle said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMn04b-BPy9/

Late, but this made me so happy, especially after all she went through this recent past year :ohno: Idk why but it reminds me of after you're done crying and feeling like shit, the first smile afterwards or just the first feeling of something really good after a difficult time. And you feel happy to be here :ohno: Beautiful. 

I don’t agree with some of the points made in the Harper’s bazaar article especially about cultural appropriation. I’ve always had pride in Lana for not going down the road of cultural appropriation, at least not as much as a lot of her peers. 
In my opinion, Lana only started becoming problematic when she posted the question for the culture post and since then she has become completely ridiculous on Instagram. It’s a shame because most of her previous political comments prior to that had made her “clean” in my opinion. Now it’s all just a mess. I’m still here for the music but that’s it.

Lana recieves a lot of unfair hate and crticism and some music "journalists" seem to love to bash her for the sake of it.  Some articles are so disgsating to read, you instantly notice that the author just wajted to hate on her for her looks or a lyric on BtD, and did not even listen to the new music once.

On the other hand she seems to like her role as a victim as she does everything to reinforce it. And with all the bs she did during the CoCc era, she shouldn't be suprised. 50% of the album promo was her doing weird and "controversial" stuff that wasn't even related to the music. And this "lashing out" on social media has lost all its charme since like 2012.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

18 hours ago, RormanNockwell said:

Many of the people criticising her are POC. We, as white people, don't get to dismiss their feelings or her remarks on the basis of her good intentions. 

something about white gays saying that what she said wasn't racist to POC always hit me the wrong way :delicious:

sgopYhV.gif

13 hours ago, Whitemustang said:

I don’t agree with some of the points made in the Harper’s bazaar article especially about cultural appropriation. I’ve always had pride in Lana for not going down the road of cultural appropriation, at least not as much as a lot of her peers. 
In my opinion, Lana only started becoming problematic when she posted the question for the culture post and since then she has become completely ridiculous on Instagram. It’s a shame because most of her previous political comments prior to that had made her “clean” in my opinion. Now it’s all just a mess. I’m still here for the music but that’s it.

She was always been (quietly) problematic (but now loudly), and she's done some pretty blatant cultural appropriation, I don't know how someone wouldn't see it if they've seen her music videos or her mannerisms. She doesn't do it that bad anymore but it's still there without her realising. 

I think the years of being silent boiled up and now she won't let it go and that's really bad for her.

Definitely agree that her previous political statements made her 'clean', but she really wasn't clear enough and that's made non-stans get confused recently. I don't blame them for thinking she's a trump apologist because she literally said those things. Us stans just had to know her previous statements to get it. I mean, one of the first times she dissed trump was in a cryptic tweet telling us to search ingredients for a global hexing. How were the non-stans supposed to know?

She was so close to being as woke as she thinks she is, honestly, but she just went down the wrong path recently. Instead of taking accountability she's just blocking out all criticism as hate and only hate. And now she thinks the problem is other women and therefore can't be a feminist because she's been kicked out or something. 

Btw this is not all in response to only your post. Just spilling some extra thoughts! 

I feel like as a BIPOC I have to say that for someone who is so misunderstood, she literally makes no effort to actually even be understood. Lately whenever she feels the need to make a statement on something, she uses unclear language that's tone deaf and filled with microagressions. She needs to sit down, throw away her phone and open up a book. You don't get a pass throwing money at the problem. You need to actually educate yourself not expect others to do the educating for you. 

West-Coast-GIF-lana-del-rey-37051506-500