LDRO

Instagram Updates

2 hours ago, Safiresyrup said:

I’m sick of fake twitter wokes cancelling her for a fucking royal family arranged marriage that happened over 70 years ago 

yeah right like it's actually ridiculous how there is a bunch of people who, despite hating her, also carefully monitor her every move so they can scream "ShE's CanCelLeD!!!4!" everytime she posts or says something. i stan her really hard but istg spend less time thinking about her posts than these folks. 

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

5 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

So it is every 1st world/developed country ruler...

But I understand why people are offended by this

I don't see why people are so offended either. Trump is a worst person and he was our freaking president! This is ridiculous.

I understand being pissed at Lana's 'Culture essay' and rebuttal videos (which was very problematic) but this right here with the royals is the stupidest reason to get mad at her for. lol

If she survived the whole Question to the Culture fuckery, she'll be fine with this controversy.

4 hours ago, Poor Stacy said:

Like, do we even think Lana knows about all of that history? I feel like the only reason others do is because of viral Twitter threads or some shit. I certainly don’t know why everyone’s offended, but I’m also American and have little interest in the Royals. I’m sure Lana just views their relationship as an aesthetic and not inside some deeper context. Everyone pretending to be fake woke and dragging her on her IG are annoying. Or maybe many people have just been living under a rock, lol.

In the UK anyone who likes the Royal Family is a Tory/American Republican type. Posts like that makes people think "oh no is she one of them".

1 minute ago, Barry said:

In the UK anyone who likes the Royal Family is a Tory/American Republican type. Posts like that makes people think "oh no is she one of them".

Really?

Meanwhile I see nothing but wonderful things about the royals all over my TV news and I live in NYC. I don't get all this. Other celebrities posted photos of Prince Philip and the Queen and I don't see people going crazy about it or wanting to cancel them.

Make it make sense.

1 minute ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

Really?

Meanwhile I see nothing but wonderful things about the royals all over my TV news and I live in NYC. I don't get all this. Other celebrities posted photos of Prince Philip and the Queen and I don't see people going crazy about it or wanting to cancel them.

Make it make sense.

So do we in the UK but it doesn't mean they should be liked or that people do like them, it's like Fox news acting like Trump was the best.

View from the false woke (aka what I think she means):

Even more basic than an aesthetic of glamorous, romantic love that LDR has been associated with, is the fact Phillip stuck by the queen 70 years, and (I gather from news reports) he was a perfect "consort". LDR admires that love, both from the security it must have personally given the queen and the feminist idea of a man equally willing and able to serve a more "powerful" female.

5 hours ago, Barry said:

again. which would not be an issue. that's what many people are you know. you know diffrent opinions and such.

i just can't believe how the current climate wants everyone to think the same. it's just worrisome

The summers hot and i've been cold without you... watch me: https://www.youtube.com/thisisruskoatqq1.jpg

This controversy makes absolutely no sense and anyone who is mad at this should read the room in the real world and not on twitter for once, as Coney Island King has put it.

10 hours ago, Coney Island King said:

If we were all reading the room (aka Twitter) we’d be angry every day of our lives.

There has been barely any negative press regarding this death anywhere 

Outside of twitter literally no one is saying anything. 

i76mrxw.png 

This was more eyebrow raising to me than Question for the culture :lmao: But that's just my own disdain for the monarchy. I'll let Americans keep their weird admiration for the royal family, they can have them!

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

There is no controversy here. I guess it just confirms one more time how uneducated Lana is. Looking up to the monarchy is problematic in my opinion because it is a disturbing institution/cult sunk in white supremacy and British classism at its worst. But what did we expect? Lana is just not that woke person and she does not sit with where I’m at politically/ethically. I think she just doesn’t know much. Once again, happy to be here for the music but it doesn’t go beyond for me anymore because I know her posts are getting dumber and dumber.

5 minutes ago, Trash Magic said:

This was more eyebrow raising to me than Question for the culture :lmao: But that's just my own disdain for the monarchy. I'll let Americans keep their weird admiration for the royal family, they can have them!

I think it’s just ignorance. They see it as Hollywood glamour when really it’s just a cult.

4 minutes ago, Whitemustang said:

There is no controversy here. I guess it just confirms one more time how uneducated Lana is. Looking up to the monarchy is problematic in my opinion because it is a disturbing institution/cult sunk in white supremacy and British classism at its worst. But what did we expect? Lana is just not that woke person and she does not sit with where I’m at politically/ethically. I think she just doesn’t know much. Once again, happy to be here for the music but it doesn’t go beyond for me anymore because I know her posts are getting dumber and dumber.

this post you made said alot about you, calling people "dumb". i hope you are feeling alot better now

The summers hot and i've been cold without you... watch me: https://www.youtube.com/thisisruskoatqq1.jpg

3 minutes ago, ThisIsRusko said:

this post you made said alot about you, calling people "dumb". i hope you are feeling alot better now

I didn’t call anyone dumb. I said Lana’s posts are dumb which is my opinion and I’m entitled to having it and sharing it. I did say she sounds uneducated about many issues in terms of race/inequality and it has sadly shown in her posts a lot lately. I love her artistry but that won’t stop me from holding her accountable when she posts stupid stuff. I would expect the same from my friends if I did the same thing. It’s all about growing and becoming a more aware person at the end of the day. And the monarchy IS a problematic institution: institutionally racist, misogynistic and classist. So I’m not going to sit there quietly and say Lana’s post was great when it was glamorising two people who are the faces of it.