LDRO

Instagram Updates

She just keeps on putting her foot in her mouth, my god

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, COCC said:

Not shutting you down, as I am also simply voicing my opinion. It‘s quite obvious that she is flawed, like every other person, but trying to „hold her accountable“ for those picture is cringe to me, ngl.

I’ll just clarify this then:

1. Lana posted something.

2. Some people like it. Many seem to think the post is problematic. It’s not a big deal

2. Nobody is cancelling Lana because of this post

3. We are allowed to think the post is not very tasteful and does not put Lana in the best light, at least according to what I believe is right.

Lana is not God! If she was a friend of mine I would have definitely challenged her over the things she has said in the past year. Forgive me for having higher expectations from an artist I love so much.

2 minutes ago, Theomo said:

Weren't they third cousins? In that case, it doesn't mean anything to me. 

Tbh I have no idea since I was never interested in the monarchy. But I keep reading how she should stop admiring that relationship because it‘s incest.

anyways nvm let's leave this thread and never come back A2YWZ1n.png

Spoiler

So we're all people, and that puts us on the same level, but some nations, classes, etc. (as a community and as individuals) did (or have) more then others and that makes us not equal... And you can't force nature to make everyone equal in every way when it simply doesn't work like that. I'm from Europe and I still see the harms that communism caused. The European culture was the most blooming when there were these high classes and most of them were very well educated, in a much higher level then people are these days. (lLike Mozart was speaking 3 languages when he was 14). There are no classes now (well, let's pretend), and that layer with the real sophisticated people is just lost. Is there anyone here who read anything from Dostoevsky?

equality sucks :hottie: bring back the ruling class and reject equal treatment and opportunity for all, for the culture

sUcVobB.png

I don’t think incest is the issue as third cousin is not considered incest.  The issues are racism in the royal family and inequalities. But yeah, I do think Lana just liked the relationship nothing more. So not sure why we are all getting worked up.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 minute ago, Whitemustang said:

I’ll just clarify this then:

1. Lana posted something.

2. Some people like it. Many seem to think the post is problematic. It’s not a big deal

2. Nobody is cancelling Lana because of this post

3. We are allowed to think the post is not very tasteful and does not put Lana in the best light, at least according to what I believe is right.

Lana is not God! If she was a friend of mine I would have definitely challenged her over the things she has said in the past year. Forgive me for having higher expectations from an artist I love so much.

Why do you even mix it with „things she had said in the past“? Why do you have higher expectations for her than everybody else- just because you like her music?

You said Lana is not God, then don‘t treat her like one by saying that her post is supporting a „racist institution“. It‘s not a big deal, it‘s just a post.

3 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

equality sucks :hottie: bring back the ruling class and reject equal treatment and opportunity for all, for the culture

I don't say we should go back as it was or that it was perfect, and I do think we should be equal. But as people, not forcing this gender or race subject because it will might just cause the opposite. 

10 minutes ago, Theomo said:

I don't say we should go back as it was or that it was perfect, and I do think we should be equal. But as people, not forcing this gender or race subject because it will might just cause the opposite. 

obviously i don't disagree with wanting equality and i kind of see what you're saying, honestly i just want this thread to die for now so :bebe: but not forcing discussions about gender or race doesn't really seem smart to me, since i feel that a lack of acknowledgement, even if it's forced acknowledgement, feeds ignorance, which then feeds the unconscious and conscious creation and perpetuation of unequal/inequitable systems

but again i just want this thread to take a nice long nap like sleeping beauty until lana posts a hot photo on her story and wakes it up like the prince's kiss

sUcVobB.png

54 minutes ago, Theomo said:

But why would you call it "uneducated", maybe she has a different opinion then you? :) I really don't think, she doesn't know or care about the political/cultural backround.  

I mean today we are told that every person is equal and that is totally true on some levels, but why should I think that there's no difference between sexes or races, when I see there are. (And if you'd say they are different because the world doesn't let them to be the same, now it's coded in there genes anyways as people lived like this for thousands of years.)

So we're all people, and that puts us on the same level, but some nations, classes, etc. (as a community and as individuals) did (or have) more then others and that makes us not equal. E.g. if I take a lesson, my teacher and I are equal relationshipwise but not situationwise, as she/he knows more then me. :) And you can't force nature to make everyone equal in every way when it simply doesn't work like that. I'm from Europe and I still see the harms that communism caused. The European culture was the most blooming when there were these high classes and most of them were very well educated, in a much higher level then people are these days. (lLike Mozart was speaking 3 languages when he was 14). There are no classes now (well, let's pretend), and that layer with the real sophisticated people is just lost. Is there anyone here who read anything from Dostoevsky? 

I wish I was illiterate...

Just now, Theomo said:

But why would you call it "uneducated", maybe she has a different opinion then you? :) I really don't think, she doesn't know or care about the political/cultural backround.  

I mean today we are told that every person is equal and that is totally true on some levels, but why should I think that there's no difference between sexes or races, when I see there are. (And if you'd say they are different because the world doesn't let them to be the same, now it's coded in there genes anyways as people lived like this for thousands of years.)

So we're all people, and that puts us on the same level, but some nations, classes, etc. (as a community and as individuals) did (or have) more then others and that makes us not equal. E.g. if I take a lesson, my teacher and I are equal relationshipwise but not situationwise, as she/he knows more then me. :) And you can't force nature to make everyone equal in every way when it simply doesn't work like that. I'm from Europe and I still see the harms that communism caused. The European culture was the most blooming when there were these high classes and most of them were very well educated, in a much higher level then people are these days. (lLike Mozart was speaking 3 languages when he was 14). There are no classes now (well, let's pretend), and that layer with the real sophisticated people is just lost. Is there anyone here who read anything from Dostoevsky? 

I see that you are coming from good intentions with this post, so no hard feelings or whatever. Anyway, sorry to say that your perspective is also uninformed. If there are inequalities among nations and also between individuals is because of structural power and violence schemes (which monarchy is and has been a key for them to function) that produce those inequalities. The inmensely unbalanced distribution of wealth and influence that poisons the world we live in isnt a natural fact, but the result of terribly traumatic historical events such as colonialism (where specifically the british monarchy played a huge role) that left one half of the world in the worst of miseries so a 1% from the other half could rot in money and power and talk about how natural and justified those inequalities were. I live in Europe too and sorry, but if you are talking about the eastern countries of the EU, what left them in very difficult situations was precisely the introduction of capitalism in their economies, which included the devastation of their formely strong industrial, medical and welfare systems (which were developed, by the way, by communist governments -totally to criticise in other regards such as the respect for individual rights, but to be credited also on the construction of solid nations and economies-).

So yes, Lana is definetly uneducated on many levels and it should'nt be a problem to acknowledge that, as its absolutely evident (and not just because of the monarchy thing, but by how unaware she's shown to be regarding some topics that are being discussed here) and something she has to work in (if she is sensitive and responsible enough to do it, of course). 

8 minutes ago, partymonster said:

the gag when someone comes in here and acts like they and lana are revolutionaries for ‘not backing down’ from... teens on twitter? yass get that typewriter and notepad out che

pls don’t bring up the typewriter before she gets any ideas 

2 hours ago, How2Disappear said:

Lana is not uneducated or ignorant. She's a decent person who thought of something nice to say about a public figure who passed away.

She's open-minded enough to have her own opinions outside the hypocritical, hive-minded, mob, and brave enough to express them in public. This is why we are drawn to her art, consciously or subconsciously. The culture truly is sick, but the tides are turning hopefully. 

Get free 

yeah man, ignoring British terrorism, imperialism, and assaults against the developing world are "opinions outside the blah blah blah"

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, Aphrodite said:

I mean - a person died. And Lana is just paying respect to it. 

Also she's not the only celebrity to have posted about this, and none of them is getting backlash..:icant2:

It‘s always the same. So many celebrities are promoting expensive champagne or their make up line while people lose their jobs thanks to COVID and poor country won‘t have a single dose of the vaccine in the next months. And yet people decide to be mad at Lana because she sends a message of condolence to a man who was born almost 100 years ago and doesnt pass the purity test of 2021 :coffee:

Was she supposed to write something like: "Glad this imperialist buffoon died lel" for woke people to like her again? 

I haven't seen any comments like those under Obama's post paying respects to prince Philip :yawn:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

Discussing the British monarchy and politics might not belong in here. I understand that it’s because of Lana’s posts, but I feel that these past posts are getting further away from discussing them.

Please try to keep a good tone in your replies, I don’t want to see any fights starting. 

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

all i can say is... she's american, it's very likely that she doesn't know a lot about the monarchy, or the negative side of it, and i'm american and i barely know anything about the monarchy as well, we don't learn about it in school or anything like that, i didn't even know that prince phillip & queen elizabeth were related until yesterday :oopna2:

WGe8ynS.gif

i think we should start a new country populated by lipsters and lana is our monarch. she can colonize the entire world and on speakers everywhere will play all of her albums in order every single day. anyone who dares criticize our dear monach must be executed, preferably by guillotine but maybe drowning would work, and we will only educate the wealthy, ruling class, for the culture. on every wall in every home will hang 2 photos: one of lana and one of philip and elizabeth. incestual relationships will be encouraged to preserve the bloodline and keep wealth in the family as opposed to sharing it. thus a few families will garner all the wealth, and the rest of us plebians will walk on the dirty streets, desperately crying out for queen lana to save us all because we're her valiant lipsters. her posting philip and elizabeth was simply her warning that soon that'll be her.

this is the big thing lana's been planning for so long - it's not ldrvillage, it's a literal imperialist scheme and she's poised to take over and subjugate the world population

goodbye to this thread, go to bed and don't wake up for a while please

sUcVobB.png