LDRO

Instagram Updates

This thread is like the Florida of lanaboards

Spoiler

floridians don't cancel me thx :heart:

imageproxy.jpg

Since bringing up the British monarchy has been going on for a couple of pages, I suggest starting a thread under World News if you’d like to discuss that (and if you do, keep the discussion civil, please) and if you want to discuss Lana and her instagram posts, you do so here.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

i don't have instagram, what are people saying her instagram post? i'm just curious

its mainly just "lana no" "delete this" "you're gonna get cancelled" and stuff like that 

imageproxy.jpg

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i don't have instagram, what are people saying her instagram post? i'm just curious

80% „DELETE“ / „I CANT DEFEND YOU ANYMORE“ / „ NO LANA NO“

10% „THEY WERE COUSINS“

5% „THEY ARE MONARCHS“

5% „BORN TO DIE“

realistically, most lana fans are just cringing that she keeps saying such suspect and inappropriate things that make her look bad.

the amount of people trying to "cancel her" based on this one particular thing are probably like 0.0001% of total commenters, and those that have already "cancelled" her (based on her other mistakes) are just looking at this as more validation for themselves. if someone stuck around after QFTC, they'll stick around after this too - many of us are just cringing because our girl keeps putting her foot in her mouth. that's it. it's not that serious.

also, there's a real irony in people saying "omg stop reading too much into it its not that deep" but then when someone offers a different perspective, suddenly its deep enough to have to jump to lana's defence?? i honestly love u guys, but make it make sense :scoff:

people have every right to be uncomfortable with the post. im british, so i understand that my perspective is different as people are less critical of the royal family in places like america - but here in the UK, it's usually a very particular subset of people that are royalists (pro-monarchy) and those people are often DEEPLY racist, xenophobic, classist and so on. with the amount of information available online, it gets harder and harder every day to ignore the atrocities committed by this archaic institution... so yes, people are allowed to be grossed out by the post.

lana is one of many celebrities that posted a tribute to philip today, i know. and if we were on GeriHalliwellBoards or PiersMorganBoards or StephenFryBoards or KellyOsbourneBoards then im sure we'd be having similar discussions about their tributes to philip there. but here we are, on LanaBoards. where we discuss...... Lana.

some may perceive her post as tone deaf and truth be told i am one of them. i can see it from her perspective too though - she probably doesn't have bad intentions, she's probably not that educated on the royals, and so on. this isn't some kind of dealbreaker for me. still, i find it cringe and embarrassing as a stan to have her continually "mess up" like this lmao, always saying things that are gonna get her dragged. the thing that makes it so "ugh" is that this is the latest in a long line of things that are reflecting badly on her.

at least that's my take on it :clapback:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

38 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

all i can say is... she's american, it's very likely that she doesn't know a lot about the monarchy, or the negative side of it, and i'm american and i barely know anything about the monarchy as well, we don't learn about it in school or anything like that, i didn't even know that prince phillip & queen elizabeth were related until yesterday :oopna2:

This is what I'm saying. Even some Brits didn't even know about the incest, so how can they expect Lana to be on top of all this too when she's not even British? It's sad too because to Lana it was probably just a harmless post and then here come the woke mob with their pitchforks ready to tear her down. This bitch can't even breathe anymore. It's also funny how these woke people ate up Harry and Meghan's relationship not too long ago when they were still in the castle :ohsnap2:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

sis has foot-in-mouth disease, wbk

(at least, by twitter standards, where you need to preface and post-script everything w/ countless disclaimers, and people will still go out of their way to actively reinterpret what you're saying, according to their biases re: your character :coffee:)

echoing what other users have already said, i don't expect lana to know much more about english royalty than she does about the kennedy family - which is to say, nothing of import, lmao

(american education system, blah blah blah, blah blah blah)

i'm swayed by iconography too, so i get the appeal (on some level anyway, as a european i'm not really a fan of monarchies :awk:), but since we're all aware that we live in a #culture where offensive intent is the presumed default

i just wish lana would express her inclinations and embody her (admittedly superficial) influences in ways that are more opaque/obfuscated in artistry, for her own sake

when you veil things in parables, they often become "toothless" statements in service to a greater narrative/story, which are less likely to be taken as expressions of personal opinion

(moreso the sum total of one's own impressions, because no two people will walk away from a piece of art with the exact same take-away)

then again, people have readily victim-blamed her for singing about her experiences with domestic abuse, just because it wasn't framed in an uncomplicated, black-and-white way

sooooooooo

rihKQ8M.gif

15 hours ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

literally who cares? she fucking made an insta post.... about someone who fucking DIED TODAY. can we just respect the dead for 2 minutes on the day he died?  

Exactly. Reading the room in this case doesn't mean not to express condolences, it means to shut the hell up for a day and be respectful. I see "woke" people literally celebrating the death of a person and it disgusts me so deeply. I have no problem with Lana's posts.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

lana watches fox news, she ignorant to a lot of things.

kerry washington tweeted a joke about phillip yesterday and got instantly dragged to filth for it,  there's no way to please people on the internet. lana could've said "fuck that old bastard i'm glad he's dead" and people would still be down her throat :smokes:

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Here's how I think things went:

Lana: Oh, Prince Philip died? Let me find some cute pics to let ppl know I simply acknowledge his death. Oh, found some! Aw Philip and Elizabeth look so young and loved up here, I think I'll post them.

Instagram: OMFG TAKE THIS DOWN NEOW! Cancelled! Omfg u racist bitch. They're gonna come for u sis sksks. She's over. Omg delete this bestie.

Lana: Wait what happened?

Like this is LITERALLY how it went down :dafuq:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Funny how the majority of the people complaining are not even British :deadbanana:American ignorance never stops growing lol Let the girl post what the fuck she want, y’all became too sensitive after QFTC :biblio:

1 hour ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Here's how I think things went:

Lana: Oh, Prince Philip died? Let me find some cute pics to let ppl know I simply acknowledge his death. Oh, found some! Aw Philip and Elizabeth look so young and loved up here, I think I'll post them.

Instagram: OMFG TAKE THIS DOWN NEOW! Cancelled! Omfg u racist bitch. They're gonna come for u sis sksks. She's over. Omg delete this bestie.

Lana: Wait what happened?

Like this is LITERALLY how it went down :dafuq:

This!

She did nothing wrong for fuck sake... :wtf3:

Why does everything have to result in some form of shit-sling IM sO WÓķÉ  (But not really though BC most of twitters SJWs ramblings are shallow and they can't actually be asked to do real activism nvm going to protests etc) contest these days...

Edited by Macintosh Manhattan
And this is coming from someone that is as left as they can get.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371