LDRO

Instagram Updates

1 minute ago, plastiscguy said:

This is so bittersweet. I'm obviously happy for her, to see that she's decided to put herself and her mental health first. But it's sad to think... that we are not going to see much of her anymore. We'll miss her, for sure. But we wish her the best :sadcore:

As strange as it may sound, social media is a mental drain.
I fully understand her decision. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

i agree that this video/announcement is strange, she sounds like she's about to cry throughout the whole video and she doesn't sound very assured... maybe she just doesn't care about social media and maybe it's an accumulation of the past year or so, since qftc, it just seems... strange... i feel like weird saying that because i've quit using social media mostly for my own mental wellbeing, so i can understand if that's a part of it... but how is she going to stay connected to her fans? how is she going to promote & announce? i guess she has twitter, but... idk... :noparty:

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

Idk what to think. Part of me is relieved to know she’s continuing to make music, poetry, and albums in general. But part of me feels like she may still not be doing well mentally? I don’t want to make assumptions, because I have no idea. It’s just odd - she seems so prolific and yet so… frustrated at the same time, and it’s just not very clear. I wish we could make her feel better. If it’s just a social media hiatus, I understand, too. Like others have said, just hope she’s okay!

(Also, I love her w/ all my heart but she changes her mind a lot, too, so we end up with emotional whiplash all the time. :lmao:)

Just now, Arcadia said:

"Ugh Lana won't retire stfu"

OKAY WELL EXPLAIN THIS BITCH :cryney::paris:

She specifically says that she's not retiring from recording and writing. And this will at least stop people from complaining that she's not posting enough.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

her selfies :crai: i’m so upset i sometimes find myself scrolling through her instagram when i’m feeling sad or bored. i understand this is for her mental health and stuff but :(

also. i went to bed at 1am and 2 hours later i woke up all sweaty and hot and lana had literally JUST posted that she was leaving social media :defeated:

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

I think this video message speaks to her wish to live a simple life — I wonder if having a very public, large following on social media that anyone can access at any time creates this feeling of no boundaries (even if we can control what we post, there is still some psychological element to lack of privacy).

I think this action could be a way of asserting control over how accessible you are, and of course, for someone with a legacy as grand and profound as Lana, that’s bound to create some internal conflict when this is your life’s work and passion. I’m sending her nothing but love and I wish her peace. 

1 minute ago, longtimeman said:

She specifically says that she's not retiring from recording and writing. And this will at least stop people from complaining that she's not posting enough.

I edited my post, I wasn't being serious :duck:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven