LDRO

Instagram Updates

Jesus. I just watched her Instagram video and my heart sank. I'm still processing it, just like we all are. I do agree with many of you that it is strange that she is doing this as her new album is being rolled out.  It reminds me of an interview she did many years ago, where she was talking about her past and how she spent a lot of time volunteering and doing work to help others. I wonder if she's getting back to doing that. I also remember interview a long time ago that mentioned she was looking at possibly writing a musical or something for Broadway? I could be wrong, ultimately I just hope she's okay and that nothing tragic happened to trigger all of this. When I think back on different things she said over the years, I remember when Ultraviolence was being rolled out and she said made a statement in an interview, along the lines about how she didn't want anyone to hear it. I really do believe she struggles with Fame and all that comes with it, and now that her sister's baby has been born, maybe she's realizing that she wants to dedicate her life to other things right now. Sorry for rambling, my head is spinning right now, I just really truly hope she's okay. I was paying attention to her tone and her blinking and she definitely seemed sad in that video. Still, I'm looking forward to the new record just like everyone else is ❤

1 minute ago, Mer said:

I would assume she signed on for X amount of studio albums. That's how we know M15 has to come out at some point, bc Madonna signed on for a 4 album contract with Interscope (MDNA, RH, MX have been released so far), so I would imagine a similar approach would be taken. 

I don't know the details but would assume, from someone who works with clients/contracts in my own work, Interscope would've wanted to bank on the success of NFR! and likely wanted her to sign a renewed version of her contract. Perhaps she signed on for 2 more albums and that's why COTCC and BB were released so quickly, as they would fulfill her contract. Totally just speculation. 

This seems realistic to me. 

If she signs with Capitol then I feel like she'll take her Elizabeth/Lizzy name back (hence why she's getting rid of her Lana Del Rey associated accounts)

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

On the flip side, if she HAS switched labels, maybe her previous Interscope contract forced her to maintain some kind of social media presence, and now that she's essentially about to fulfill her contractual obligations (announced new album, potentially last album under current label) she can do what she's wanted to do for a while, and deactivate. 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

6 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

Ya if she was ever going to deactivate due to negativity it would have been last year or during COCC rollout after the album cover and interview debacle

shes had a relatively quiet period since then, like actually no controversies at all in like a year now . It’s weird 

And the video itself… it’s just weird. Maybe it’s the conspiracy theorist in me but her facial expressions, the way she smiled, the way she blinked, idk… it gave me the impression that either something really bad happened or she was being forced to do this- which wouldn’t make sense bc she’s always had a lot of freedom to do anything she wanted to. 
I just…don’t know. It just didn’t seem like she was relieved/happy w this decision 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Lol ya’ll are so dramatic.

She’s taking a break from social media, big deal, lots of people should probably do it. She seems totally chill and happy and is clearly just wanting to detach a little while still working. She doesn’t seem sad or whatever some of you are saying, it’s probably one of the healthiest things anyone can do. Good for her.

She’ll come back at some point, she’s not dead.

Just now, Yosemite said:

And the video itself… it’s just weird. Maybe it’s the conspiracy theorist in me but her facial expressions, the way she smiled, the way she blinked, idk… it gave me the impression that either something really bad happened or she was being forced to do this- which wouldn’t make sense bc she’s always had a lot of freedom to do anything she wanted to. 
I just…don’t know 

I was totally getting this impression too. It just seems so out of the blue. I can think of so many times where it would have been appropriate for her to deactivate, but she didn't :erm:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Just now, Coney Island King said:

She’s taking a break from social media, big deal, lots of people should probably do it. She seems totally chill and happy and is clearly just wanting to detach a little while still working. She doesn’t seem sad or whatever some of you are saying, it’s probably one of the healthiest things anyone can do. Good for her.

she dont seems happy to me

she seems very frustrated

6 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

If she signs with Capitol then I feel like she'll take her Elizabeth/Lizzy name back (hence why she's getting rid of her Lana Del Rey associated accounts)

I would love that so much, but I doubt Capitol would allow that to happen. The LDR name carries too much prestige to be not used on future projects. There was a rumor that Lady Gaga wanted to be credited by her real name for ASIB, but was forced to use her stage name because it would carry more brand recognition to the film. Same thing here I'd think. 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

1 minute ago, Coney Island King said:

ohmygod ahahahahahahahahahahaha :thumb3:

ur rite but her kids are cryin rite now shhhhhhhhh 

UV/Honeymoon

I hope she doesn't ditch "Lana Del Rey" and go back to using her real name. I know she doesn't associate with the persona attached to the stage name anymore but we don't either. We associate Lana with so much more than the BTD era. I can't imagine having her records listed under anything else. Marina (and the Diamonds) teas.