LDRO

Instagram Updates

It's just straight up weird like she's been posting up a storm with all this rando stuph and now she's suddenly like "see ya"

It'd be more understandable if she hadn't been posting much and was like, "I've realised that socials just aren't for me, bye" but she's been doing the opposite?

I feel like it's some sort of personal crisis. I hope she's okay

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

22 minutes ago, landofGodsandMonsters said:

Was she meeting with Capitol today? Maybe something happened and she’s not going to have a record deal, and she’s disappointed/sad about it? And this is why she seems so sad and emphasized “probably” more records in the future?

Or maybe I’m reading way too into everything. Lol

I think she could be disappointed/sad because "Arcadia" performed not as well as expected in the charts.

Not me finally making an account on here after lurking since the NFR pre-release because things were getting so exciting surrounding BB, only for her to deactivate on us like that. 

honestly though it makes really excited for what’s to come, I trust her vision and her process 

6 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

It's just straight up weird like she's been posting up a storm with all this rando stuph and now she's suddenly like "see ya"

It'd be more understandable if she hadn't been posting much and was like, "I've realised that socials just aren't for me, bye" but she's been doing the opposite?

I feel like it's some sort of personal crisis. I hope she's okay

I don't know ... to me, it's logical that if she's been posting more than she wanted to, and she wants to find a way to stop herself from oversharing ... From a 'sober' point of view, it makes perfect sense.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

2 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

I don't know ... to me, it's logical that if she's been posting more than she wanted to, and she wants to find a way to stop herself from oversharing ... From a 'sober' point of view, it makes perfect sense.

Yeah you're right maybe since she's been posting all this shit she's noticed a difference in herself or something

I'm overanalysing af

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Does anyone think this is an attempt to take back control of her image in some way? I feel like being somewhat mysterious was always like part of her image but with the whole social media scandals she kind of lost that and I feel like people stopped talking about her as they did before like as a great artist, I feel like other artists used to refer to her all the time but hardly ever do anymore since the whole QFTC etc? I know a few people have said on here she might be signing a new deal perhaps they are trying to regain that sense of mystery she had before, when it was truly about her art and she wasn't involved in social media drama etc ??? If that makes sense 

woke up, saw her video, started crying immediately. ok jk i really wish the best for her personal life though and i hope shes doing okay <333 if she thinks this is the best route for her we should support her in her choice but damn im gonna miss the selphies :trisha:

Baby-Girl-Congratulations-Glitter.gif

this reminded me of a bbc think piece abt lana's "struggle to be mysterious in pop", specifically this quote

gz9m2T2q_o.png

i don't think that's the only, or even the main, reason for her to do this but i wonder if it contributed to her decision. a lot of hw actresses do the no social media thing & it only adds to their glamour & mystique, and she's been burned so many times bc of it maybe she just thought 'fuck it, let's try it another way'

(agree that she seemed odd / sad in the video tho, my first thought before even reading comments here was that her speech was slurred & she seemed like she was about to cry throughout the whole thing)

This was so unexpected... And the video really has a strange vibe, as some people have observed. She was posting normally about the cover album, about the passport photos and even followed someone on Instagram - In no time did I see it coming today. Personally, I had the feeling that maybe she wasn't even thinking about it and suddenly, for some reason, she decided to leave. But, that's it, if she needs time and it's going to do her well, we must respect her decision and continue to support her in whatever way we can.

it’s really come to this huh :crai: i hope we have plenty of archives of her posts, i would be devastated if it was all lost 

i hope she’s alright and if she’s not, i hope she’s working towards doing alright. i stopped posting on social media a while ago and it did wonders for my self image etc. so i think this will be good for her. 

she just sounded so sad in the video…i thought i could see tears in her eyes :( whatever prompted this decision must’ve had a big impact on her so i’m sending sooooo much love

(but imagine if she comes back within, like, a week. she’d make a whole circus out of us. we’d have to rename to clownboards)

I 100% respect her decision and I'm sure it is for the best but the wording in some parts was so weird.

She needs privacy for some new projects but why would she need to deactivate, I mean just don't post about it :crying4:. She is still going to (sadly) have paparazzi and such following her so is not like that would change anything... 

Obviously I believe in what she said but I also think there's something behind the scenes. Maybe it's indeed something about labels. If her contract ended with Interscope (after releasing BB) and she changed to Capitol maybe they are controlling her accounts and she's taking advantage of the change by taking a break off social media while everything is getting done.

giphy.gif

oh... wow.

well on one hand,  it's completely warranted that she's deleting her social medias - she already has a bad relationship with the media, and there are too many fans who are disrespectful and take advantage of the close relationship she has with her fans. which is also why i think we're all so sad about this, she has always had such a intimate relationship with fans. and nowadays, especially with covid, social media is one of the only ways to maintain that. but at the same time, it's probably good for her. the internet can be and often is a cruel place. i don't want to overanalyze or read too much into this, but i do think the video was off and she seemed distressed. it wouldn't surprise me if something else happened in her personal life that caused this - she kept saying things about "trust", and "keeping her circle closer", etc. - i just hope she's doing okay... i guess we'll just have to watch and wait for what will happen next.

I love her so much. This takes me back to OG days when we barely knew anything about her.. if she wants that privacy & sense of safety again, she more-than deserves it. Can't believe people are crying over this lol... I mean first of all, there's no doubt in my mind she'll return to social media in some form within the next year. Secondly, she's a person like the rest of us - we'll be fine without her random selfies and updates??? She made it clear that she's not quitting her career. There is still poetry and music to come. Just no social media presence for now, which is fine... it's about the art anyway - which I think is her point / some of the reasoning behind her decision. I don't blame her at all & honestly I'm surprised she didn't do this sooner. 

14417469274.gif

it's cus the culture can't really appreciate who she is past what she was born into. she's a privileged white woman sure yes, but also her circumstances and all that's lead her to where she is today still have to be respected as such. we dk what she had to go thru to do so. that and to have ur privacy taken away. i retreat after going out n spending my social battery even if i feign things like a pro cus i like my alone time just as a normal person, imagine at the scale she's had to stay in. 

and regardless of where someone's from, or the amount of struggle n steps someone might have to go thru or not as much, I think we can all at least empathize w that at some level to be able to just respect the pain of where someone's at n heal together or find some common ground. 

n not to discount or say what anyone should feel etc. but I truly believe that society isn't there yet when it comes to treating each other better. i think it's cus differences are sort of used to divide instead of coming together from mult backgrounds n perspectives and so on. i think the lesson is that u have to be careful on who lets u feed ur pain instead of allowing u to heal w you. 

just be careful to think and feel thru things urself and w those u trust. the part where she mentions if u think that u know urself u can come over on Arcadia, there's a wisdom and security in knowing urself to not be manipulated by others so u can give urself the fairest chance of who u want to be for yourself, not who someone might nudge u to be. 

UV/Honeymoon