LDRO

Instagram Updates

12 hours ago, L Del Ray said:

i have to admit the video was so off, maybe i’m just conspiring but it sounded like she was about to cry and i just got an odd vibe…

it is weird indeed but I just think (hope) she’s just emotional about leaving social media because she just knows it is much needed for her mind

I mean i think its not the best timimg with BB coming in a month. 

Its sad but we have to respect her decision. :crying5: and yeah the video seems odd but maybe just because shes not feeling well. We just have to support her.

Hd7c-1.gif

Well I didn’t see that one coming. The vibes from this message are similar to the interview she did in January, and yet she hasn’t really taken some time off since then, has she? I wonder if it’s going to be just for a while or if it’s going to be « her new thing ». 

i understand her decision: dealing with commentaries and DMs from fans must not be easy. I’m glad she decided to do what was best for her. 

For those of you that don’t like snippets, I guess they got their wish :lmao:

1 hour ago, Gothicula said:

if this is her fiona apple moment she better come back with a fetch the bolt cutters…

please no. do you know how long it takes for Fiona to come back with Fetch the Bolt Cutters?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

The video seems definetly weird, but truly, this is the best thing she can do. Social media can already bring huge mental health issues to people who lives non-celebrity lives, can't imagine how it may be for someone with a global public relevance and near to 20 million followers (that's more people than the population of many countries). Hope she's gonna be better after doing this.

(Not Uhauljoe liking the post haha <3)

Edited by sjatib

1 minute ago, sjatib said:

The video seems definetly weird, but truly, this is the best thing she can do. Social media can already bring huge mental health issues to people who lives non-celebrity lives, can't imagine how it may be for someone with a global public relevance and near to 20 million followers (that's more people than the population of many countries). Hope she's gonna be better after doing this.

Numbers… I was thinking about that. She’s gonna hit 21 million followers… I can’t even imagine what a huge platform like that can signify to one singular individual - especially to someone like her, who exposes a lot of herself in her art. Someone always true to herself, for better or worse. 

I love her. I just wish the best to her. 

Honestly I’m not upset about her decision. Although her success reached a high due to social media when VG gained popularity online, it was in a different way. She’s become sorta over exposed in the last years and gone were the days where there was mystery and glamour to her. Like during the Tropico/UV era when she had little under 3M followers and would post on Instagram once in a blue moon and it would automatically be iconic (besides the PWYC mv :crai:) Maybe she’ll finally stop letting social media influence her and some of the lackluster tracks she’s been releasing, all tea no shade; and we can sorta get the old Lana back.

She kinda hinted to this back in 2017/18 when she deleted all her old tweets so it was imminent.

R5sPD4M.jpg

I'm not much of a social media person (unless you count here) so I understand her decision. I can't imagine how it must feel like to have that much hate thrown at you, and I guess after a while of having it, you don't really know how to ignore it. Wish all the best for her

Honestly, I'm glad she's finally out of this toxic cloud. I love her publications but for some time now everything she publishes made me cringe, and it all broke her aura. I miss the artists who remain in silence because now we know everything and there is no more waiting or excitement. Lana needs to be a mystery and it suits her so well. Her projects disappointed me but the way to learn that she will release such and such a project through musical articles and not a post random would really please me, we are more excited at the idea that we do not know anything.

It's a good thing too, I really hope it will serve him musically or nothing was happening. Concentrating on essential things will make her take her time to get things right.

Knowing her there are several possibilities: she has always published since she got her networks, so I don't think it came from her. It's probably his new record company that wanted that because it caused a lot of controversy and they don't want to take any risks. Did someone also mention it, a move?

But I think she will be back much sooner than we thought and that day will be a buzz guaranteed + a great interest you will see.

I have a feeling she’s not gonna come back from this decision in the same capacity as we’re used to see her. For someone who’s aching for privacy and reclusiveness as she seems to be, being away from the social media apparatus will do wonders for her and I don’t see her wanting to give that feeling away and going back to the overexposure of the recent years.

If she does come back, I hope she tries the Frank Ocean method: comments limited only to the people she follows, random photos that she feels like sharing, no particular concerns about music promotion. That way she’ll be able to be in touch with her fans without sacrificing her freedom and privacy.

All in all I wish her the best. It feels like the end of an era of some sorts but if it helps her emotionally speaking, that’s all that matters ultimately. I miss the days when she would post a lot less - it felt like she had a healthier relationship with the media and the public. It will be interesting to see where this leads her in the future… hopefully to a brighter, happier place.

IMG-7960.jpg

For those asking "how are we going to get updates now???!!"

The way we use to get updates 20 years ago before social media existed - by the artist's official website. Just go to Lana's official website and see if they added updates in there. https://www.lanadelrey.com/homepage/

No biggie.

Also, some of you are getting too hysterical over this. She's not dead nor is she retiring. She's just deactivating and living her life. Believe it or not, social media didn't always exists. Back in the 90's when I was a kid, we got updates straight from the radio, VH1 and MTV.

Lorde and Fiona Apple aren't on social media, and look how well they get their music out there. Nothing to be so worried about.

I understand why she's doing this and I respect it. Her music was always strong enough to stand on its own and now that she's at a point in her career where she doesn't need to worry about commercial success, why should she really bother with Instagram? Especially when her social media posts have been under such ridiculous scrutiny since she dropped QFTC. It must cause her real stress.

I mean IMO Instagram sucks just for a regular person, can't imagine what it must be like for someone like her who gets constantly trashed by thousands of people no matter what she posts :oprah3:

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

i'm a little depressed about this but i'll get over it. i respect her decision. it'll suck not feeling that personal connection to her via social media any more. this definitely feels like a lorde situation. i hope she doesn't disappear for that long. :noparty:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose