LDRO

Instagram Updates

10 minutes ago, Slumdog said:

It's normal for her to be emotional on an announcement like this, but not only does she sound sad, it feels like it was not her decision, so people are worried. I think that if the tone was different everyone would be like "well it's sad but we hope it's for the best".

I actually thought she sounded calm, not sad. A little exhausted but satisfied now that the release date stands and that she has basically said what she always wanted to say about her life in these songs (because that is what the record feels like). You know, like when you cried and you're tired but feel much better afterwards. That kind of mood. I mean I hate social media and all the hate Lana had to endure in the past 2 years was probably really affecting her.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

29 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Looking back at it, she had « staged » this for quite some time now. It feels as though she was testing the waters in the COCC era. And in the last weeks, she gave us so much gorgeous selfies (and birthday posts :oic2:). Plus Arcadia… Plus yesterday’s Twitter post about recording covers… It def was planned for quite some time now. 

I agree. This album roll out has been good for that very reason.

38 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I just question why she wouldn't just ghost her account - I think there would've been far fewer fan meltdowns, no bitchy articles and she also would've left the door open to just return whenever, without pressure. Although it wasn't her intention, I feel like the video has caused unnecessary drama and attention (which seems to be what she's wanting to avoid?)

Because maybe for her own piece of mind she actually wants the accounts gone, maybe to her that is actually a proper break. Not just pretending they don’t exist by leaving them not updated for a year (or whatever it will be). 

I couldn’t sleep at night and had a mini panic attack and then i saw the video .. the day didn’t start on a good note to say the least 

I just hope it’s for the best :ohno:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

Seems weird, even people who have social media and never use it still usually pop up to post about their new songs or albums, like Kendrick Lamar, Jay-Z also Playboi Carti they never really post anything and sometimes go years between posts but they can still use it to update fans.

Would have been better to say her managers now control it and will only post updates about shows or music. Kevin Gates who im a fan of deactivated his Instagram for about 1 and half years he only recently came back like weeks ago and I think never had twitter and I missed one of his albums a few months ago, wouldn't happen with Lana as she is bigger but it's not ideal.

5 hours ago, honey dew said:

OMFGG ENOUGH........FUCK THESE PUBLICATIONS ON A COSMIC LEVEL CRAVEN ATTENTION WHORES AND GRIFTERS

699286348182808d933556ff4bf0c42fa0b4eb9b1728d9782439e4fe94b0d135aecccc25.jpg

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK THEM! I hope they choke.

2 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

For those asking "how are we going to get updates now???!!"

The way we use to get updates 20 years ago before social media existed - by the artist's official website. Just go to Lana's official website and see if they added updates in there. https://www.lanadelrey.com/homepage/

No biggie.

Also, some of you are getting too hysterical over this. She's not dead nor is she retiring. She's just deactivating and living her life. Believe it or not, social media didn't always exists. Back in the 90's when I was a kid, we got updates straight from the radio, VH1 and MTV.

Lorde and Fiona Apple aren't on social media, and look how well they get their music out there. Nothing to be so worried about.

Social media is better than going to an official website. We could get more info from SM.

50 minutes ago, wildflowerwildfire said:

241768155_382320580042669_60100359193750

I miss her already. She's given us such an insight into her life, both in pics and in music.

giphy.gif

Aw I'm upset at her choice, she's the only person I have post notifications on for and always get excited when she posts and then running here to see how everyone is reacting if it's an announcement. I feel like what she said in the video means she'll start declining photos with fans now too. :( Off the grid fr. She's probably going into some community outreach she's always talked about. Being of service to people. I can understand her, lately I've been so over seeing peoples lives every day that I don't even know. Just deactivating seems overstepping the mark. 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

lana taking a page out of fiona apples book wasnt on my list of 2021 predictions but oh well. i’ve been pretty upset over it all day. gonna miss her so much but wish her the best

ive also been updating my instagram page ALL DAY copying over her feed and i’m only at post 300 and something and i started at 6am and it’s 2pm now :crai: she posted so much from 2017-2018 

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

20 minutes ago, Trash Magic said:

Aw I'm upset at her choice, she's the only person I have post notifications on for and always get excited when she posts and then running here to see how everyone is reacting if it's an announcement. I feel like what she said in the video means she'll start declining photos with fans now too. :( Off the grid fr. She's probably going into some community outreach she's always talked about. Being of service to people. I can understand her, lately I've been so over seeing peoples lives every day that I don't even know. Just deactivating seems overstepping the mark. 

I thought that too, the reason may be she wants less attention and people coming up to her in public so be not being on social media she is seen as less approachable or something.

Could be with her sister having the baby and her becoming an auntie she would like to take the kid out and spend time with her/him without being bothered.

honestly? im happy that she is taking a step back from social media. im pretty sure the whole year and a half since question for the culture HAD to come to moment like this one. she already tried to take a break from social media earlier this year to „work on her next book”, remember? didnt work, so now she really is signing off. i just hope that she will find a way to talk to us from time to time :wub:

lana-del-rey-arcadia.gif

I've been thinking about something for a while ... It doesn't seem strange to you that took Lana about two years or so to release records. And suddenly in a matter of 6 months we have had two albums? In BB, half are songs that we already know.

This reinforces the theory that she is going to sign for Capital Records. Perhaps to end her contract with Interscope she should release this record. The cover album has been announced for almost a year, and has not yet seen the light. This may suggest that Interscope disagreed with the project, and same with the second book of poetry.

Of course the timing to leave social networks is strange, just before the album. Also in this era there has been less promotion than in COCC, and there was little there. We have known everything thanks to the insiders.

It is also very strange that in the BB era we did not receive many of the vinyl versions in Europe.

We already know how Lana is. She was not comfortable with social networks. She uploads photos and after a few minutes delete them. I think the best thing is to take some time for herself and disconnect. Also at the beginning of the year, she said that she was going to be away from SM for a while. And she came back weeks later, and surely that will happen again. All we have to do is respect her decision and support it. 

:peace:

Hd7c-1.gif