LDRO

Instagram Updates

3 minutes ago, Coyote said:

I really don't understand how this is sad. Like, days can go by without her showing traces of life but suddenly she deactivates her social networks and it is the worst thing that could have happened? I don't know, I'm so indifferent about the situation.

It’s sorta how I feel too, like I don’t necessarily care to see what she’s doing daily etc, she’s not a vlogger so really I don’t care

I’m mainly interested in the timing and the reason why, it’s just so weird and random :rip:  

Okay so remember that photoset Lana posted a while ago? It included a book by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer called 'Making The Shift', I reckon Lana got the idea to deactivate from his book:

Spoiler

In this deeply engaging live seminar, Dr. Wayne W. Dyer explains that instead of heeding the demands of the ego, which keep you mired in self-sabotage through never-ending pleas and false promises, you can choose to move in a new direction—one that leaves the false self behind so you can reclaim your true nature.

The ego has driven many of us away from our authentic selves. In Making the Shift, Wayne reveals how we can make that all-important U-turn and head back to the Source of being that created us.

I'm going to slap him silly

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I don’t love how her comments are filled with these “stans” that write such backhanded things like “what is this bestie” or “I thought you were deactivating” - stuff like they know her personally and they have the authority to talk down to her or make light of some of her more personal posts - I would want to deactivate all my accounts too :um:

i just rewatched her "talk about it" igtv and she said 

People do not last a long time in my workplace, they don't. You know, it's fun to, like, tear people down but it really discourages them from moving on to their next project. But thank God, I already know what I'm doing, I'm not going anywhere.

:aw:

2 minutes ago, sjatib said:

Few days ago an argentinian youtuber I follow called her "white supremacist" and "Trump supporter" on an Arcadia reaction video, without having even reading about what truly happened with her that made that kind of acussations to emerge. Just for keeping on track with what seems to be the "cool" position to hold regarding her.

If the general ambience is that, Lana couldnt do anything better than what she's doing. I mean, we all know she's been quite ignorant and unsensitive many times when expressing herself since the beginning of her career, but to call her a "white supremacist"... The level of frivolity just makes me sick.

oh that's horrible! i really hate stuff like that, the dilution of words and their meaning. it's so unfortunate how a lot of people care more about the performance of "wokeness" than actually being good and progressive 

mUENGN9.png

3 minutes ago, sjatib said:

Few days ago an argentinian youtuber I follow called her "white supremacist" and "Trump supporter" on an Arcadia reaction video, without having even reading about what truly happened with her that made that kind of acussations to emerge. Just for keeping on track with what seems to be the "cool" position to hold regarding her.

If the general ambience is that, Lana couldnt do anything better than what she's doing. I mean, we all know she's been quite ignorant and unsensitive many times when expressing herself since the beginning of her career, but to call her a "white supremacist"... The level of frivolity just makes me sick.

Yeah I can't imagine having people call u things that u definitely aren't and things you stand against. Like my mum once asked me who I was listening to and I said oh it's Lana del rey she said "oh isn't she a trump supporter" and my mum isn't even 'woke' or into like celeb gossip, I think she had just seen a headline in a news article after the Annie Mac interview that took out of context what she said about Trump and the Capitol situation. So so many people who aren't fans of hers and who don't really know anything about her must think things like that about her due to the bad press over the years... I imagine that gets really overwhelming 

1 minute ago, IanadeIrey said:

I don’t love how her comments are filled with these “stans” that write such backhanded things like “what is this bestie” or “I thought you were deactivating” - stuff like they know her personally and they have the authority to talk down to her or make light of some of her more personal posts - I would want to deactivate all my accounts too :um:

lanaboards is the only section of her fandom i interact with... the large majority of them are so annoying :bye3:

pink rose gif - Free animated GIF - PicMix

5 minutes ago, Coyote said:

I really don't understand how this is sad. Like, days can go by without her showing traces of life but suddenly she deactivates her social networks and it is the worst thing that could have happened? I don't know, I'm so indifferent about the situation.

for myself personally, it makes me sad because all the memories that she’s shared with us won’t be accessible anymore. looking through her old eras and captions, and also those small updates that we did get always made my day. it’s just going to be different now

4 minutes ago, Coyote said:

People fear change and its always sad to see something come to an end

It's especially sad knowing the reason she has to leave. It's for her mental health and privacy because she's been receiving so much hatred and negativity.

1 minute ago, salvatore said:

very weird that there's this insinuation her deactivating her social medias is her losing her freedom or giving in when it's actually gaining a fuckton of it...some of these fans are drowning in this parasocial relationship the girl isn't dying none of us should've had this much access to a woman none of us know in the first place ?

i know EYE'd rather lana just live her life and make her music and poetry and tell us what's been happening in the in-between time via edited published work rather than cringy instagram stories or miscommunicated thoughts on her place in the "culture" or whatever 

Yes! Getting off social media will free up space in her head so she can enjoy life and be free. She's not retiring.  Who knows how this will really free up her creativity.  The future looks good. 

The 'HBTB' surely represents her tumultuous relationship with the press and public opinion. I feel so bad for her, she is clearly going through a rough patch. :tsk:

She is not deactivating her networks because she is having a bad time! Actually I think it is the opposite. Chuck's baby, the new album that is about to be released, working on another album ... I don't know where the rumor that she is sad started from? 

I'm happy for her making such a good decision for her health.

5 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

SAME, i find it so disgusting the way people talk to LITERAL STRANGERS on social media. fucking disrespectful. it drives me mad that this is what communication has become. it's not healthy, it's not fun, it's not cute, it's not cool. criticize people constructively, compliment them, share an opinion respectfully. but wtf are you doing, talking down to someone, for likes? there should be a pop up every time before a comment is posted, asking you "are you sure you want to comment this?" because it seems like people don't think about it long enough.

i can't imagine what it's like to experience such a disconnect between how you see yourself and what your values are versus how the large majority of the public see you. must be extremely difficult to contend with that, and i'm sure it makes you unfairly question whether you are a good or bad person. 

mUENGN9.png

19 minutes ago, Unban Deluluking said:

Some of yall are THE reason why she’s deactivating social medias… :bye:

and that’s the TRUTH. 

I'm honestly surprised by some of the responses in this thread tbh. Admittedly, I was a bit upset and confused this morning because I literally made social media accounts just to connect with her more and catch up on her posts easier. I've personally never been a fan of social media, but she made it worth it. 

I've seen a number of posts here and articles by disgusting critics within the past 24 hours that make me happy she won't have to be in such a toxic environment anymore. I completely understand now. It does suck she'll be more of a mystery to us moving forward, but fuck does she have it rough sometimes. She really doesn't deserve any of it. I'm thankful for all of those memories that she shared with us though. Looking forward to her future projects and connecting with her through her only platform of freedom: her art :sadcore:

6 minutes ago, 5Rick said:

I kinda feel like this is the end of an era. But at same time we know this is not a goodbye… when all is said and done, we will still be here 

Like when you were a kid and one of your friends moved away to another place and school.

1 minute ago, yourolllikethunder said:

Miss Daytona is all that’s left aside from Insta (I hope it stays, it gives me hope) :crai:

if she deactivates missdaytona, i'd find it concerning since it's almost always inactive... also i love her old tweets, lizzy's such a special soul :crai:

pink rose gif - Free animated GIF - PicMix