LDRO

Instagram Updates

The world's a little sadder now that she's not on SM anymore, usually the first thing I did in the morning was to check if she had posted something on Insta. But I totally respect her choice and I think it'll do her a ton of good to just go and live her life and not worry about the whole SM stuff.

Lately I've been reading Nick Cave's page "Red Hand Files", where fans send in questions to him on all sorts of topics and he answers them. Would be so nice if Lana did something like that... https://www.theredhandfiles.com/

Also wondering if she's maybe thinking about moving to Hawaii? She sings about being Western bound in Arcadia, and isn't the only place west from LA, Hawaii? She also followed a lot of Hawaii influencers on Insta, even following another one just shortly before she deactivated. And also the recent Edge of Paradise post.. But on the other hand, all her friends & family are in LA, and knowing how much she treasures them, she probably won't want to move. But who knows :glasses:

1 hour ago, ChaoticLipster said:

she wants to hide anything controversial and this is what she meant by ‘transparency’. She doesn’t want anything visible that could give the wrong impression.

Isn't this the opposite of transparency :deadbanana: I feel like she was improvising her speech and misused this word because I have no idea how this is helping her be more transparent. :um2:

Lana disabling her account just made me think of Angelina Jolie creating an insta account just recently and blowing up with millions of followers although she was only talked about when the divorce was brought up. Traditional celebs can survive without social media, just get over it. However, celebs like the Kardashians, Jenners and Hadids wouldn't survive. Lana is in the first half although she was hugely connected with Tumblr back in the day, it doesn't mean her career depends on social media. It's not like she revealed a lot about her progress on social media, we literally heard nothing after her three singles until the Arcadia shippet and then again nothing until a week before the release. I'm a type of person who prefers surprises over spoilers. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

1 hour ago, bummersummer said:

i get what you mean. my point is that when you know your accounts are still "alive" the temptation to go check them out is a lot bigger, on your browser or briefly redownloading the apps or whatever, bc ~no one will ever know~ lol. if you're not super strong willed, deactivating is def the better option bc if you go back ppl will notice & also in 30 days the accounts are actually all gone lol. personally i feel like she's done with everything remotely resembling pop stardom, i see her becoming increasingly private / reclusive like most of the 60s/70s musicians she admires & doing little to no promo, so i get the impression this severing the connection with the fans (& by fans i mean the typical hyper demanding, with an extremely short attention span pop stan) is by design.

This. I think this deactivation of social media is less about a mental health break, and more about becoming private in a way. We know she doesn’t like fame and I don’t think she ever wanted to be a alt/pop artist with 20.7 million followers. That’s a lot. I feel like she’s always wanted to be low key and just do her thing. She doesn’t want “fans” harassing her future boyfriends, family, friends. I am curious to see when she is spotted out if she will continue to take pics with fans, etc. or if she’s really done with the whole thing. Also sending messages to those select few fans and asking for their info makes it seem like she’s going to be gone and out of touch for awhile. 

1 hour ago, wildflowerwildfire said:

why did lana have to delete her accounts, couldn’t she just not post?

I can only imagine that dealing the DMs mustn’t be a piece of cake everyday. And it honestly made a bold « statement ». Whether we understand the decision or not, it surely have all of us talking about it, just like the Picsart selfie covers. 
and to think that she didn’t even post the tracklist (probably because she didn’t want to deal with « Bitch, you didn’t include **that song** on BB?!? » in her comments, which people do)… 

in the sceenshot she posted of hbtb she is singing "loving u is hard, being here is harder"

i dont think this was mentioned but i saw it on twitter, i wonder if that was her intention with the picture,

i wish her the best

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I watched her goodbye again.  I am the last one to ask about fashion but when I first saw it and when I watched again it looked like she is wearing a white tee shirt or an Audrey Hepburn type dress.  She looks great in either. 

17 hours ago, How2Disappear said:

so i was having the feeling that she was leaving the country because of the passport photos, and her lyric about still being western bound as she is leaving LA, like there is no where further west you could go..... except Hawaii maybe especially since she posted the documentary edge of paradise photo which takes place there

I had the same thoughts. + recently, she often follows blogs moms in Hawaii. and I also saw how she leaves them cute comments. maybe she really wants a change of scenery and to move away. who knows... we support her decision in any case. and I hope that she is doing well and she’s happy. I'm glad she can focus on the things that are important to her, spend time with her family and just live her life to the fullest. She deserves the best 

I've been thinking about what @lustforlife said about Blue Banisters being "the end of Lana Del Rey" a lot after Lana deleted her socials and, like others have been saying, I think she has been planning this for a while too. It makes me sad to think, but I really do think this is just the beginning of the end (whatever that really means lol)

I'll be happy with whatever she chooses to share with us, but whether she is leaving Interscope, signing with Capitol Records or just releasing on her own, I think that eventually she won't release anything anymore. I'm also feeling like we won't be getting tours or merch like we did in the past again either...I think she'll make things really low-key tbh

She said she's here for the music now and has projects to release, but I fear that just leaving social media won't be enough. The media will always try to tear her down and I think she will get sick of it and keep her music and poetry to herself which is really sad. It makes me so angry that the media and people in general keep attacking her no matter what she does.

But anyways, I just think we should really cherish what she gives us over the next few years, just in case she decides to leave for good :krylie:

“cant she just stop posting” “can’t she just delete the app” “can’t she just handle her socials to her management” these comments are so stupid :facepalm: her decision is 100% logical, just imagine the pressure of having +20m following on the internet. And your way of thinking is 100% egoistic.

It's not like Lana is completely sworn off Instagram, her finsta account is alive and breathing. I'm pretty sure it gained more posts on the day she deactivated (not 100% sure so don't hold me to it).

I think one of the things Lana has struggled with from her public Instagram is feeling the need to say something political like all the other celebs, and if she doesn't then people are like "why hasn't she said anything about [........]"? Instagram isn't for posting cute pics anymore unfortunately, and everyone expects you to write fake woke essays that pertain to the next trendy news story that's floating around. I can see how this factor could deter Lana from using her public acc. At least with her finsta, no one is watching her like a hawk ready to pounce.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

4 hours ago, kristinaj said:

The world's a little sadder now that she's not on SM anymore, usually the first thing I did in the morning was to check if she had posted something on Insta. But I totally respect her choice and I think it'll do her a ton of good to just go and live her life and not worry about the whole SM stuff.

Lately I've been reading Nick Cave's page "Red Hand Files", where fans send in questions to him on all sorts of topics and he answers them. Would be so nice if Lana did something like that... https://www.theredhandfiles.com/

I LOVE Nick Cave's Red Hand Files page. I WISH Lana could do something like that because it's so personal and from the heart unlike social media.

I love Nick Cave but I'm in love with his wife and her clothing line more. A clothing line I can't afford. :deadbanana:

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

It's not like Lana is completely sworn off Instagram, her finsta account is alive and breathing. I'm pretty sure it gained more posts on the day she deactivated (not 100% sure so don't hold me to it).

I think one of the things Lana has struggled with from her public Instagram is feeling the need to say something political like all the other celebs, and if she doesn't then people are like "why hasn't she said anything about [........]"? Instagram isn't for posting cute pics anymore unfortunately, and everyone expects you to write fake woke essays that pertain to the next trendy news story that's floating around. I can see how this factor could deter Lana from using her public acc. At least with her finsta, no one is watching her like a hawk ready to pounce.

it's so weird how people expect celebrities to make political statements/be publically political... they're here to entertain & create... they aren't politicians... :shutup: 

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

7 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

What the hell is finsta? God I feel old around you people.

54 minutes ago, sweetcinnamondealer said:

I've been thinking about what @lustforlife said about Blue Banisters being "the end of Lana Del Rey" a lot after Lana deleted her socials and, like others have been saying, I think she has been planning this for a while too. It makes me sad to think, but I really do think this is just the beginning of the end (whatever that really means lol)

I'll be happy with whatever she chooses to share with us, but whether she is leaving Interscope, signing with Capitol Records or just releasing on her own, I think that eventually she won't release anything anymore. I'm also feeling like we won't be getting tours or merch like we did in the past again either...I think she'll make things really low-key tbh

She said she's here for the music now and has projects to release, but I fear that just leaving social media won't be enough. The media will always try to tear her down and I think she will get sick of it and keep her music and poetry to herself which is really sad. It makes me so angry that the media and people in general keep attacking her no matter what she does.

But anyways, I just think we should really cherish what she gives us over the next few years, just in case she decides to leave for good :krylie:

i mean at this point i think she makes music for herself and just shares it with us, but i don't think her leaving social media means nothing but leaving social media. she's going to keep doing what she likes, the actual ending is too far from us.