LDRO

Instagram Updates

i'm taking a music marketing class this semester and we were talking about cult followings. someone brought up lana's QFTC post and so i banked off of that and mentioned how she deleted all of her social media a month before her new album comes out. my professor said that it's a really great marketing technique if a big artist has a project coming up. so, maybe, this is just strategic. maybe she'll come back a day before the album or the day of. although, knowing lana, this probably isn't promotion. it's just her. my professor gave me a small ounce of hope tho. i thought you'd all like to know that. :ohno:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

what if the thing that is going on now is the one that her managers were talking about? they said that she is going to do something that she wanted to do for couple of years? maybe she really is coming back to lizzy grant or becoming an actress or rereleasing aka or becoming a new version of herself :toofloppy: i don’t know what is going on and i’m scared 

lana-del-rey-arcadia.gif

14 minutes ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

i'm taking a music marketing class this semester and we were talking about cult followings. someone brought up lana's QFTC post and so i banked off of that and mentioned how she deleted all of her social media a month before her new album comes out. my professor said that it's a really great marketing technique if a big artist has a project coming up. so, maybe, this is just strategic. maybe she'll come back a day before the album or the day of. although, knowing lana, this probably isn't promotion. it's just her. my professor gave me a small ounce of hope tho. i thought you'd all like to know that. :ohno:

I've been thinking about this. Don't forget that Lana said she's deactivating her social accounts "for now". In fact, she repeated that later in her IGTV video. So I wonder if she's taking a "hiatus" until the release of the album in late October and "reinvents" her image in a way. I could also see her team creating new accounts on social media just for the album in order to promote it. I don't know. I hope she's doing well because that blind item scared me. And if she's feeling vulnerable or has succumbed to addiction, then she should take all the time she needs to heal. 

6 minutes ago, BlueGreenGray said:

I've been thinking about this. Don't forget that Lana said she's deactivating her social accounts "for now". In fact, she repeated that later in her IGTV video. So I wonder if she's taking a "hiatus" until the release of the album in late October and "reinvents" her image in a way. I could also see her team creating new accounts on social media just for the album and its promo. I don't know. I hope she's doing well because that blind item scared me. And if she's feeling vulnerable or has in any way succumbed to addiction, then she should take all the time she needs to heal. 

yeah i'm really not sure either. but it is quite strange how she was doing promo for the album via instagram and posting frequently. then, all the sudden, she decided to jump ship and delete all of her accounts? maybe it is a promo tactic. maybe she'll come back after the album drops. but, knowing lana, it could just be that she needs a break which i totally understand after all the hate she constantly receives. and we know how she doesn't actually care for promo. but it would be really great if this was just a strategy for the album. 

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

I have no idea what's going on in Lana's personal life and don't feel it's my place to speculate on it, so regardless, I hope she's doing alright. And if not, I hope she can take steps to help herself get to where she wants to be :kiss3: I also hope this social media break treats her well and that she comes back when she's ready 

imageproxy.jpg

1 hour ago, CocaColaCrystalMeth said:

I always had a strange feeling that eventually she might one day just step down and stop releasing music back in BTD era but then ultra came out and now I'm starting to regain this strange feeling again... Im shitting bricks

In the announcement, she specifically said that's not what's happening.

10 minutes ago, tripticks said:

In the announcement, she specifically said that's not what's happening.

Lana is known for her honesty, yes. :shh:

Personally, I feel like she only stressed that there will "probably always be more" music just to keep the door open and not be too dramatic.

But we'll see :true:

i wonder what they could possibly mean by "changing her look", different hair color/style? different clothing? different styles of make-up? i don't think anything like that is very drastic, or would change her entire "persona" :um2: she's always changed her look & her style as time went on, as we all do

WGe8ynS.gif

Joan Baez has released over 30 albums, Joni Mitchell 19 studio albums. 

I promise you that Lana isn't going to stop making music. It's in her DNA. She will always write and sing as long as she is able to. It's been apart of her since she was a child and I can't imagine her just stopping. She may take breaks here and then but there will always be more *something* from her. 

faSE.gif

22 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i wonder what they could possibly mean by "changing her look", different hair color/style? different clothing? different styles of make-up? i don't think anything like that is very drastic, or would change her entire "persona" :um2: she's always changed her look & her style as time went on, as we all do

I think she could lost weight or changing hair color or both. I don't think she is going to change clothing style. She wears classic basic clothes with vintage twist or retro dresses. But I could be mistaken.

Look at you all talking about her weight gain but when I just mentioned it in a topic about something else on the BB Pre Release thread I got attacked by super stans for "bodyshaming" and accused of being crazy and toxic. I'm not attacking you, I'm just pointing out the completely different energy. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

What if she's gonna be in a band

Like I know she has a band but what if it's going to be more integrated and called something else, etc

That would surely cause less bullying because she wouldn't be in it alone. It might be a healthier dynamic

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

4 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

Switching to country music :defeated: