LDRO

Instagram Updates

On 9/16/2021 at 10:51 AM, shady said:

I don't understand why does she release music if she can't even promote it properly.

Because she’s the single best recording artist at the moment and has been for a long time and she doesn’t need to parade around. Also we’re entereing a new era for social media and Lana’s at the forefront, as we would expect her to be. Anyway, everyone jokes that she doesn’t follow label rules but I’m pretty sure they have enough leverage that if the album success rode on social media :scoff: they could convince her to post. Pls. 

On 9/16/2021 at 10:51 AM, shady said:

it can completely flop. I don't understand why does she release music if she can't even promote it properly.

:tanisha: why are you even here

On 9/16/2021 at 10:46 PM, misslizzy said:

i'm sure someone has said this before, but i just realized you can go on lana's website and still see a lot of her old social media posts!

14 hours ago, Yayo6408 said:

More and more backuped ig images are disappearing from the official site

LMAO did she see this post and told them to delete? :um3:

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

On 9/16/2021 at 4:51 PM, shady said:

It's not a good idea. She's not a member of BlackPink or Ariana Grande with a fan base obsessed with numbers. Not everyone who listens to Lana constantly thinks about her music, especially not new music. An average listener won't even know she released something new and sticks to BTD, UV and NFR. The majority will forget about Oct 22 because they have other things in life and won't stream it unless stans spam social media about her new album. I assume they'll spam but still not as much as kpop stans do. It's playing with fire and money because it can completely flop. I don't understand why does she release music if she can't even promote it properly. Why not wait for an album go drop and then deactivate instagram, not doing it in a middle of a pre release era? She makes dumb decisions and doesn't give a shit. 

Imagine opening a business, creating its socials and then deleting it during the first week of opening? Kinda what Lana is doing atm. 

i'd take under-promoted good music with little to no commercial success over the overhyped clutterfuck of noise that is kpop any day of the week 

On 9/16/2021 at 11:51 AM, shady said:

Imagine opening a business, creating its socials and then deleting it during the first week of opening? Kinda what Lana is doing atm. 

lana is not a business she’s a human being.  this is exactly what’s wrong with the entertainment/ music industry. 

faSE.gif

1 hour ago, kitschesque said:

LMAO did she see this post and told them to delete? :um3:

:crai:i don't totally get why she would mind if we still had her old pictures as long as no one can comment or anything on them (i respect her decision of course though), they're all gone now from her website. but there's a think to sign up for announcements/updates, i just signed up. for anyone who is interested, you can get text messages/emails about releases, events, etc. i guess it's better than nothing! :icant:

On 9/16/2021 at 12:51 PM, shady said:

It's not a good idea. She's not a member of BlackPink or Ariana Grande with a fan base obsessed with numbers. Not everyone who listens to Lana constantly thinks about her music, especially not new music. An average listener won't even know she released something new and sticks to BTD, UV and NFR. The majority will forget about Oct 22 because they have other things in life and won't stream it unless stans spam social media about her new album. I assume they'll spam but still not as much as kpop stans do. It's playing with fire and money because it can completely flop. I don't understand why does she release music if she can't even promote it properly. Why not wait for an album go drop and then deactivate instagram, not doing it in a middle of a pre release era? She makes dumb decisions and doesn't give a shit. 

Actually, I think that Lana's career can be less affected by not being on social media than Ariana's or Blackpink's.

She already have a solid fanbase that follows her for over a decade. Black pink and Ariana's public is formed by teens and the GP. They're more volatile and are more likely to find a new distraction if they stopped posting.

There's a reason why kpop artists are always releasing music and artists like Lorde and Fiona Apple can go MIA and still have a fanbase

6 hours ago, your dealer said:

lana is not a business she’s a human being.  this is exactly what’s wrong with the entertainment/ music industry. 

This is oversimplying. She has a contract with a record company to make music and to receive money for doing so.

If she doesn't want to make music for money then she can quit her label any time she wants and just make it for free, or not at all. 

Whilst I have very limited sympathy for record companies, imo this could've been solved if she'd at least directed everyone to another account to follow for updates. She just deserted socials, and no one has any idea where to look for updates, etc. I sympathise with her on a personal level but it honestly wasn't very professional, especially considering that it's first and foremost her professional artist account.  

I mean Ben and Ed basically just re-post her posts so it remains to be seen if they're gonna take the updates on.

Social media plays a huge role in music promotion whether people like it or not

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

23 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

Actually, I think that Lana's career can be less affected by not being on social media than Ariana's or Blackpink's.

She already have a solid fanbase that follows her for over a decade. Black pink and Ariana's public is formed by teens and the GP. They're more volatile and are more likely to find a new distraction if they stopped posting.

There's a reason why kpop artists are always releasing music and artists like Lorde and Fiona Apple can go MIA and still have a fanbase

I disagree - plenty of Lana's fans are teens and GP. Even many hardcore stans will look elsewhere if she chooses to be mia for an extended period. Iirc Lorde and Fiona never used sm anywhere close to the extent that Lana has, so it's a big change for them.

Not that that's necessarily a bad thing because I don't think she wants stans

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

1 hour ago, BluebirdXO said:

I'm very curious to know what it will be like going forward, and if there will be any significant change in terms of sales, for example. ?

16 hours ago, your dealer said:

She is a human being but she's also a public figure that makes money for herself and for people who work with her. My comparison may be tone deaf but overall it's a bad timing. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

9 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

This is oversimplying. She has a contract with a record company to make music and to receive money for doing so.

If she doesn't want to make music for money then she can quit her label any time she wants and just make it for free, or not at all. 

Whilst I have very limited sympathy for record companies, imo this could've been solved if she'd at least directed everyone to another account to follow for updates. She just deserted socials, and no one has any idea where to look for updates, etc. I sympathise with her on a personal level but it honestly wasn't very professional, especially considering that it's first and foremost her professional artist account.  

I mean Ben and Ed basically just re-post her posts so it remains to be seen if they're gonna take the updates on.

I understand that Lana has problems but some people here are so overly emotional about constructive criticism. We can't just make excuses for every single unprofessional thing she has done. Literally every time someone outside of Unpopular Opinions thread dares to give constructive criticism stans always say "she's a human being leave her alone :crying2:".

I made this account for a reason, checked today that I have around 70 saved songs by her but this pre release era is so underwhelming and disappointing unless she has a surprise and this was all a part of the plan. 

Also, Lana has a different fan base than Lorde and Fiona. Lana's fan base is also volatile and you're living in an eco chamber if you (not you @Roman Nockwell specifically) think otherwise, except that they don't get distracted by other music but rather lose interest if it's "more boring" and hardly return after being underwhelmed. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

11 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

honestly you're completely wrong. Lana having or not having social media has nothing to do with a contract with a record label. you're honestly just taking it way too personally and should probably log off and touch some grass. 

faSE.gif

11 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

The music industry is a business like any other...

and she has already fulfilled her duties by making records? what isn't clicking.

her deleting social media has nothing to do with her contract. the fact that you don't care about her personal well being shows that you're just another capitalist who would rather see someone suffer and destroy themselves so you can feel fulfilled. think a bit deeper love. 

faSE.gif

11 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

An artist is a human being. I understand you’re trying to look at this situation through a business lens but I firmly believe that if an artist gets caught up in this type of industry machinations, it will eventually creep up on them to god-knows-what consequences.

If she thinks the best for her is to quit social media, she has every right to do so. You think most artists actually use social media to promote their work? No, their accounts are ran by managers, publicists, assistants. Give the entire autonomy of social media management to any celebrity (the way Lana did) and watch some/most of them crack under the pressure.

Frank Ocean doesn’t use Instagram like most people do. People like Fiona Apple don’t even do it at all - and likewise, Lana doesn’t need to as well. To even think about depositing blame onto her shoulders about something that was detrimental to her mental health is quite frankly absurd. I’m used to not agreeing with your takes at all but this one has to be the most outrageous you’ve ever written. Good god.

IMG-7960.jpg

It is a business if you signed a contract to a company. It's not rocket science. You make music to sell, and some of that money goes to the company. How do you sell? You promote. How do you promote your music in 2021? You use social media. DING! DING! DING!

I'm all for Lana deleting her socials if she needs to but can we not play dumb and let our personal feelings interfere with basic facts regarding the music industry and how things are supposed to work for the modern artist?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

i promise you all, that lana doesn't give a damn about promo, or having the best sales, and obviously her label doesn't care either if they're letting her delete her social media, she is a human-being before she is a buisness, there is nothing that gets in the way of that, she has no obligation to have social media whatsoever, and she's been in the industry for many years and has built her fanbase which is loyal & strong, she'll always have people who will buy her records & stream her music, she's already sold millions of copies of other albums, so it's not like she hasn't made millions for herself & her team, why should we care? she probably doesn't at all, and as long as she keeps releasing music, even if it's quiet surprise releases, or she does interviews/photoshoots, i'll be satisfied, if you're so bothered by her taking a more unconvential path in her career, maybe find another artist to pay attention to

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!