LDRO

Instagram Updates

some of you are caring a little too much about lana’s option about deleting social medias and how it’ll impact her ? i promise y’all she doesn’t care about promo and all of those sorts of things

This discussion escalated for no reason :awkney:

Just wanted to remind you of this interesting article, written months before she deactivated her sm. Maybe Lana and her managers read it too:

“Interestingly, though, Daly suggests that Del Rey might care less about her own mystique than she did in the past. "I think she was probably more enigmatic at the start of her career when there were all these questions about who she was and where she came from," she says. Now that she has proven her artistic worth, she has less need for the protective shield that enigma can provide. "To achieve true Prince-like levels of mystery, I think she'd have to be much more removed from the internet and the press than she is at the moment," Daly adds. She calls what we're seeing now with Del Rey "a slow dismantling of mystique in real-time". 

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20210407-lana-del-rey-and-the-struggle-to-be-mysterious-in-pop

1 hour ago, your dealer said:

and she has already fulfilled her duties by making records? what isn't clicking.

her deleting social media has nothing to do with her contract. the fact that you don't care about her personal well being shows that you're just another capitalist who would rather see someone suffer and destroy themselves so you can feel fulfilled. think a bit deeper love. 

lmao go get them king

tumblr_pdttwcdZss1v75vie_500.png

i think there is really no black or white about lana deleting her socials because i believe in this age artists need to be in touch with their fans, that's what make artists more popular/heard, but also there are lots negativity coming from it, and being more than 10 years into her career lana doesn't need that anymore. she won't make sales because she'll gain popularity from the social media because people who knows her, will buy her stuff, and it's also not like she was a sale/chart artist.

she was one of the artists who would leave social media and no one would care, like... she deleted her socials and NOBODY MOVED, except for lanaboards.:lmao:

Idk I think there’s a distinction to be made when we compare Lana to say Ariana or BlackPink.. While all of them are artists, they’re entertainers whereas Lana is obviously not. Their concerts are comparatively different experiences, and so is the way they use social media in relation to their brand. At the end of the day,, there are plenty of studies showing how harmful social media is and I think it’s within anyones rights to not want to participate in that regardless of how relevant it is to their job. I don’t think it should be “required” in business period. It’s definitely a great tool, but it should be a choice to pick up and put down at one’s discretion. You wouldn’t force someone to carry around a paint bucket 24/7 even when they’re not painting

UbsOye5.png

3 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

Idk I think there’s a distinction to be made when we compare Lana to say Ariana or BlackPink.. While all of them are artists, they’re entertainers whereas Lana is obviously not. Their concerts are comparatively different experiences, and so is the way they use social media in relation to their brand. At the end of the day,, there are plenty of studies showing how harmful social media is and I think it’s within anyones rights to not want to participate in that regardless of how relevant it is to their job. I don’t think it should be “required” in business period. It’s definitely a great tool, but it should be a choice to pick up and put down at one’s discretion. You wouldn’t force someone to carry around a paint bucket 24/7 even when they’re not painting

yeah, i don't understand why people are comparing her with ariana grande, or kpop stars, they are more "entertainers" than they are artists who's career is simply based around creating the art, and also, ariana grande & blackpink are more famous and have more prescence in today's pop culture than lana does, being a superstar is a part of their brand & image, while lana's image is more about the art itself, either way, i don't really think lana needs social media, or hefty promo to succeed in her career, and honestly, ariana grande could stop posting on social media, and people would still listen to her music & look forward to upcoming releases, ariana grande took a hiatus from social media before the sweetener era and i would say it actually made people more intrigued!

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

1 minute ago, Frangipani said:

Are people really still arguing about this :bebe:

I love your pfp! Is it from the PSB video?

Thank you :thankyou: yes it is 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I feel like some fans think that they're her promoter/manager, when at the end of the day, we're fans. We have no idea if or how Lana deactivating her social media will impact BB's sales, and even if it's negatively, I really don't think that Lana cares. Sure, she wants people to listen to it (ex: "listen to it like you listened to video games"), but there's a difference between wanting people to listen to/enjoy your music and wanting to get a #1 on the Billboard charts 

imageproxy.jpg

11 minutes ago, Arcadia said:

Sometimes I think Lana will come back to Instagram when she takes a bomb selfie and can't resist the urge to post it :xgiggle:

Sometimes I'm asking myself if she is really the type of person to wants to post such selfies or is it her management who urge her for promotion?

5 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I feel like some fans think that they're her promoter/manager, when at the end of the day, we're fans. We have no idea if or how Lana deactivating her social media will impact BB's sales, and even if it's negatively, I really don't think that Lana cares. Sure, she wants people to listen to it (ex: "listen to it like you listened to video games"), but there's a difference between wanting people to listen to/enjoy your music and wanting to get a #1 on the Billboard charts 

adding on to this, we don't know how being present on social media could've affected her, i'm not surprised she wants to disconnect after all of the hate & criticism she received because of qftc, as well as people making comments about her appearence, anybody would've wanted to disconnect if they had thousands of comments calling them racist, a karen, a trump supporter, or saying they're ugly & fat, i really can't blame her, her own mental health & well-being is way more important than having proper promotion & sales, and you can promote your work in other ways besides posting on social media, i'm sure her team & her managers understand & support her decision

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

3 minutes ago, Yayo6408 said:

Sometimes I'm asking myself if she is really the type of person to wants to post such selfies or is it her management who urge her for promotion?

Either way we need to be blessed with her face :trisha:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

And this very thread magnifies the problem with stan culture — there are no boundaries and people think they are entitled to police an artist’s life! You can voice how much you will miss not being able to connect with Lana online without being a micro-manager — in fact, I think, if anything, the response she’s gotten for deactivating absolutely reinforces her decision to do so. :typewriter:

28 minutes ago, Yayo6408 said:

she likes it 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

27 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

And this very thread magnifies the problem with stan culture — there are no boundaries and people think they are entitled to police an artist’s life! You can voice how much you will miss not being able to connect with Lana online without being a micro-manager — in fact, I think, if anything, the response she’s gotten for deactivating absolutely reinforces her decision to do so. :typewriter:

anytime i read one of your posts i am convinced more and more that you are actually her :typewriter:

41 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I absolutely agree!!

it’s so weird seeing people post paragraphs bashing her and her decision as if it makes any real difference in their day to day lives. 

Lana is human and she made a decision for herself. She’s not obligated to have social media, she isn’t going to flop because she isn’t posting once a week on Instagram, and I’m sure eventually when she feels up to it, she’ll be back 

"Don’t forget me"

13 minutes ago, 111 said:

anytime i read one of your posts i am convinced more and more that you are actually her :typewriter:

Can you… tell us something new about BB? I‘ll take everything :bebe:

52 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

i just realized it's two capital i's in your name and that's why i've never figured out how to tag you... :wowcry:

faSE.gif