LDRO

Instagram Updates

5 hours ago, Sportscruiser said:

An artist is a human being. I understand you’re trying to look at this situation through a business lens but I firmly believe that if an artist gets caught up in this type of industry machinations, it will eventually creep up on them to god-knows-what consequences.

If she thinks the best for her is to quit social media, she has every right to do so. You think most artists actually use social media to promote their work? No, their accounts are ran by managers, publicists, assistants. Give the entire autonomy of social media management to any celebrity (the way Lana did) and watch some/most of them crack under the pressure.

Frank Ocean doesn’t use Instagram like most people do. People like Fiona Apple don’t even do it at all - and likewise, Lana doesn’t need to as well. To even think about depositing blame onto her shoulders about something that was detrimental to her mental health is quite frankly absurd. I’m used to not agreeing with your takes at all but this one has to be the most outrageous you’ve ever written. Good god.

Where did I say that she shouldn't have quit or that she shouldn"t have put her own wellbeing first? Nowhere. In fact I'm pretty sure I've said the opposite in several posts (and definitely in private to friends). No wonder you're so outraged - you are making shit up

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

6 hours ago, your dealer said:

honestly you're completely wrong. Lana having or not having social media has nothing to do with a contract with a record label. you're honestly just taking it way too personally and should probably log off and touch some grass. 

Brave coming from the guy who was pretending to be an insider on the BB thread for attention and clout

:omfg2:

I actually dgaf that she left in the sense that nothing really changes except for the occasional update which we will not get now; I just think it could've been handled better and I hope she's okay

2 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Brave coming from the guy who was pretending to be an insider on the BB thread for attention and clout

I actually dgaf that she left; I just think it could've been handled better and I hope she's okay

i think you're mistaking him with lustforlife, i don't think your dealer was pretending to be an insider at all at any point

WGe8ynS.gif

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

i think you're mistaking him with lustforlife, i don't think your dealer was pretending to be an insider at all at any point

No I'm not mistaken; I clearly remember it because it was so funny

4 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I actually dgaf that she left in the sense that nothing really changes except for the occasional update which we will not get now; I just think it could've been handled better and I hope she's okay

if you dont give a fuck then i really don't know why you're criticizing the way she left social media which was clearly to protect herself and if you're a fan you should be able to respect that instead of acting like you're her manager.

and i've never pretended to be an insider LMAO but go off. 

faSE.gif

Whatever.

I took a quick look at ldrarchived’s insta and it was really cute seeing her Lust For Life - NFR period. She looked so happy even if a bit contemplative. It transported me back to the days I used to see those posts in real time while I was myself transitioning to a life in the big city. Super nostalgic.

IMG-7960.jpg

Just now, cinnamongirI said:

you guys are so dramatic

Some people on here have a problem with comprehension and tOUcH sOmE gRaSs is their go-to when they have nothing else to contribute because they didn't understand in the first place

But you're right, enough of this

It's been 7 days since Lana Del Rey deactivated her social media accounts. The Instagram Updates thread has turned to madness

(more than usual)

imageproxy.jpg

either way, i think it's best that we consider how lana might be feeling, and understand her point of view, social media isn't everything & it shouldn't be, if her life will improve by distancing herself from it, she should absolutely do it, and i'm sure her friends, family, & her management are supportive of her decision, sales & promo are asinine when it's really think about the art itself, she's a millionare, and she'll always be successful

WGe8ynS.gif

Social media has a lot of positives, but its lows are incredibly self destructive. Happy that she's taking time to step away from the potential toxicity. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

i don’t know why all of you are over exaggerating her leaving social media. Lana leaving social media wont affect her sales, streams, and all of that. I say that because it’s the fans who do all the promotion and have the most impact on the music industry :true:. imagine lana saying “streaming party for arcadia in a couple hours, see you there xx” 

15 hours ago, your dealer said:

honestly you're completely wrong. Lana having or not having social media has nothing to do with a contract with a record label. 

I've actually always lived in an assumption that a record label could hold control over artist's social media accounts if they wanted to - is that correct? like they could "force" them to post or delete something :wtf2:

maybe that hasn't been the exact case with Lana, I mean it seems to me her posts were rather random, but still

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

10 minutes ago, your dealer said:

if you dont give a fuck then i really don't know why you're criticizing the way she left social media which was clearly to protect herself and if you're a fan you should be able to respect that instead of acting like you're her manager.

and i've never pretended to be an insider LMAO but go off. 

I was talking about the implications for the fanbase collectively, not me personally. You know, cos it's a discussion board? 

Again, I never said I didn't respect it or that it wasn't the right choice, only that I think it could've been handled better. Not even by her necessarily, just someone on her team. Not sure what's not clicking but you seem to have an incessant need to attempt to be edgy and it's lame so stop quoting me

5 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I was talking about the implications for the fanbase collectively, not me personally. You know, cos it's a discussion board? 

Again, I never said I didn't respect it or that it wasn't the right choice, only that I think it could've been handled better. Not even by her necessarily, just someone on her team. Not sure what's not clicking but you seem to have an incessant need to attempt to be edgy and it's lame so stop quoting me

tumblr_mfo10qM2331rfs2y4o1_500.gifv

faSE.gif

7 minutes ago, lover said:

I've actually always lived in an assumption that a record label could some hold control over artist's social media accounts if they wanted to - is that correct? like they could "force" them to post or delete something :wtf2:

maybe that hasn't been the exact case with Lana, I mean it seems to me her posts were rather random, but still

yeah was under the impression that some contracts could require an artist to post a certain amounts of times and that's why she would just post happy birthday or a picture of a foot or the moon lately and as soon as interscope was over she dipped but i don't really know anything about that for real

8 minutes ago, lover said:

I've actually always lived in an assumption that a record label could some hold control over artist's social media accounts if they wanted to - is that correct? like they could "force" them to post or delete something :wtf2:

Just now, How2Disappear said:

yeah was under the impression that some contracts could require an artist to post a certain amounts of times and that's why she would just post happy birthday or a picture of a foot or the moon lately and as soon as interscope was over she dipped but i don't really know anything about that for real

i believe was just allowed to post whatever she wanted, her label seems to give her a lot of freedom, and honestly the thought of a record label telling their artists what they can & cannot do regarding social media is really sketchy :wtf2: it's great that lana is free to do what she wants with social media

WGe8ynS.gif