LDRO

Instagram Updates

3 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

Her label is probally afraid tbh.. one of the reasons of cocc flop was that mess that she done talking about poc on the cover (that nobody ask for) :eartha2:

COCC did extremely well in the first week. People just didn't found interesting enough to keep buying or listening

3 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

COCC did extremely well in the first week. People just didn't found interesting enough to keep buying or listening

But it could be so much better. She was coming for a nfr era... probally one of most acclaimed by the critics and general public of the last decade..  i love lana, but sometimes she just dont know how to express herself :toofloppy:

Lust For Dead   large.gif

12 hours ago, shady said:

I understand that Lana has problems but some people here are so overly emotional about constructive criticism. We can't just make excuses for every single unprofessional thing she has done. Literally every time someone outside of Unpopular Opinions thread dares to give constructive criticism stans always say "she's a human being leave her alone :crying2:".

I made this account for a reason, checked today that I have around 70 saved songs by her but this pre release era is so underwhelming and disappointing unless she has a surprise and this was all a part of the plan. 

Also, Lana has a different fan base than Lorde and Fiona. Lana's fan base is also volatile and you're living in an eco chamber if you (not you @Roman Nockwell specifically) think otherwise, except that they don't get distracted by other music but rather lose interest if it's "more boring" and hardly return after being underwhelmed. 

Honestly, if this is some sort of marketing strategy for the album release then I will find that - cue the outrage! - quite disingenuous on her part.

And if someone wants to disagree that's fine, but at least explain your (not @ you, Shady) opinion without being a dickhead.

ETA: for some reason I just got the notification for this quote and thought you just wrote this, mb

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

4 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Honestly, if this is some sort of marketing strategy for the album release that I will find that - cue the outrage! - quite disingenuous on her part.

And if someone wants to disagree that's fine, but at least explain your (not @ you, Shady) opinion without being a dickhead.

ETA: for some reason I just got the notification for this quote and thought you just wrote this, mb

I get what you mean about it seeming disingenuous but also what a serve that would be. And in the game of selling records you could call just about anything disingenuous

2 minutes ago, moonbeam monsoon said:

I get what you mean about it seeming disingenuous but also what a serve that would be. And in the game of selling records you could call just about anything disingenuous

It'd be pretty funny ngl

3 hours ago, Arcadia said:

The problem I've noticed throughout the years on this forum is that users tend to put words into other user's mouths in heated discussions, so I think that's why you're getting a lot of backlash here. You made a lot of sense and I know your sadness words were taken out of context. There definitely are professional implications when it concerns a high profile pop star abandoning an essential 'tool' which greatly helps their music get further exposure.

Anyways, I agree with everything you said. You're not trying to be harsh - just realistic. :kiss:

This is all I've been reading in the last few pages. Then in the end, the same comments get upvoted over and over when they really have no relevance to the original comment that started it all because most of the post was ignored :smile4: 

17 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Honestly, if this is some sort of marketing strategy for the album release then I will find that - cue the outrage! - quite disingenuous on her part.

i'm almost certain that it is. i'm not saying the backlash she got from social media isn't a causal factor of her hiatus but the timing makes it look like there's more to it than just that. her use of 'we' (as in her team) in her last video is very telling too. it's very probable that she was thinking about leaving social media a long time ago (when the hate was at its peak) but her team only green lit it recently to further their own commercial ends, perhaps to achieve the 'prince-like level of mystery' the bbc article talked about. 

3 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

As a lot of us have said multiple times, social media isn’t really a good marketing strategy for an established artist. Lana is a household name at this point, she doesn’t need social media to market her albums. Word of mouth and the fact that there’s a “New Lana Del Rey album” is more than enough + inevitable Spotify and AM promo.

If she or her label were actually concerned about marketing, they’d have her booked on talk shows all thru the week of Oct. 17th. 

Also not sure what you mean by “disingenuous”? I don’t think deceit or dishonesty have anything to do with this situation at all. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

33 minutes ago, Mer said:

As a lot of us have said multiple times, social media isn’t really a good marketing strategy for an established artist. Lana is a household name at this point, she doesn’t need social media to market her albums. Word of mouth and the fact that there’s a “New Lana Del Rey album” is more than enough + inevitable Spotify and AM promo.

If she or her label were actually concerned about marketing, they’d have her booked on talk shows all thru the week of Oct. 17th. 

Also not sure what you mean by “disingenuous”? I don’t think deceit or dishonesty have anything to do with this situation at all. 

What I meant by that was that the departure video seemed very heartfelt and sincere so if she were to show up on album release day or whatever, it'd be a little suss 

And she doesn't need sm to promote but it certainly helps. 

She was the answer to the "internet generation", most of her fans stream her music on spotify and apple music, she had more ig followers than Oprah, Arsenal London or Gisele Bündchen. So I think social media is more important than anything else for her.

11 hours ago, Arcadia said:

No one is saying that

wasn’t talking directly abt this forum! too many people on twitter are being annoying about it, saying she was “forced” to delete it and pushing conspiracy theories and shit..

16 hours ago, LanasRightCheekFiller said:

lana is not some independent artist who doesn't know what's best for her career. she has an entire label and a team of marketing and pr people managing her, even if it might not seem like it. if this was as unprofessional and as bad of a business move as everyone's making it seem, surely they wouldn't have green lit her social media hiatus. 

Honestly I don't think she really cares about her career like that anymore. She's already been successful, she's noted over the past ten years how unhappy she is with the fame (and obviously lately all the hate) and I think she's just had enough.

Since she's deleted her socials media, I've been feeling less like I can connect to her, and less obsessed over the new record, although I am still excited about having new music, but less in a 'stan' kind of way and I think that's what she wants. Someones else said it, but I don't think she wants stans anymore

If this hurts her career, drops sales, makes her lose fans, and pushes her more into obscurity then I think that's exactly what she was trying to do

And honestly that makes me feel pretty sad that this chapter is ending and that she doesn't even want this career anymore. I really wouldn't be surprised if she moved somewhere random and disappeared for a while. The only reason I could see her even keeping her record deal is because she does enjoy making music and working with producers and stuff.

But I think we need to stop thinking in this perspective that hurting her career, losing fans, and decreasing sales isn't exactly what she wants. :icant:

Deleting social media before the release is the best form of revenge. She's about to release a very personally revealing album without being easily accessible to the general public for the first time in her career, and that's exactly what we deserve after the way she's been treated. I don't think it's going to harm the album's success, and I also don't agree at all with those who think it was unprofessional. It was incredibly warranted at this point, and will give her a much needed break to minimize the toxic noise of the internet, while also making a pretty pointed statement about the hate she's received.

Maybe she/they want to test, how many people really like her music, without all the social media hype, promotion etc., like with the three singles dropped surprisingly in May with this unmotivated cover image ... It's very admirable that she wants to convince with her music only and nothing more.

Lana runs the risk of losing all interest in her full product, it's happened to others before, example Lady Gaga. Gaga started to distance herself and naturally, people moved on. I don't think that Gaga will come back from it. And Lady Gaga was a much greater beast in the business than Lana. 

There's always someone new for the audience to discover and follow. I will always look for Lana's music, but that is because her music suits me more than anyone else these days. I would seek it out no matter the advertisement promotions. I also don't keep up with new artists and trends, so there's that. I am very specific.

Even small acts have social media and just post music related notes, concert dates and products, nothing personal and I guess they are happy with their limited success and audience. Lana was already kind of this category of artist, maybe a tiny bit higher, but not by much of a stretch and now she has stopped wanting to give that much.

No one but us knows about her album being about to drop in October.

Baby now You do~

12 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

What I meant by that was that the departure video seemed very heartfelt and sincere so if she were to show up on album release day or whatever, it'd be a little suss 

And she doesn't need sm to promote but it certainly helps. 

i think it's quite clear- not by her recent video, but by her choices the last 5 years of her career- that the last thing Lana wants is more promo. she would like to disappear and be as underground an artist as possible.

edit: oop someone litrally x just said this above me, my b

Edited by Shades
im a clown who doesnt read previous posts!

i think everyone is reading too much into this. deleting social medias doesn't have to affect your sales/music so drastically like everyone is saying, yes we're in an era where social is the most common way to communicate with the public, but before they existed artists were able to sell and release music and be successful anyway. 

i also doubt she's going to quit music or disappear from the scene just cause she doesn't want instagram anymore lmao. she loves her job, she will continue to make music and release it with or without instagram. she'll be fine and so will everybody else lol (+ she probably has her private insta for family/friends anyway)

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever