LDRO

Instagram Updates

2 hours ago, nowyoudo said:

Lana runs the risk of losing all interest in her full product, it's happened to others before, example Lady Gaga. Gaga started to distance herself and naturally, people moved on. I don't think that Gaga will come back from it. And Lady Gaga was a much greater beast in the business than Lana.

A) Lady Gaga took a hiatus because a heavily marketed and hyped album colossally bombed. Not because she just wanted to take a break. 

B) LDR isn't taking a hiatus, we can hopefully expect some more music videos/magazine shoots/etc. in October 

Even small acts have social media and just post music related notes, concert dates and products, nothing personal and I guess they are happy with their limited success and audience. Lana was already kind of this category of artist, maybe a tiny bit higher, but not by much of a stretch and now she has stopped wanting to give that much.

C) LDR is not a "tiny bit higher" than a "small act". 

No one but us knows about her album being about to drop in October.

D) This is nothing abnormal. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

3 hours ago, nowyoudo said:

Lana runs the risk of losing all interest in her full product, it's happened to others before, example Lady Gaga. Gaga started to distance herself and naturally, people moved on. I don't think that Gaga will come back from it. And Lady Gaga was a much greater beast in the business than Lana. 

There's always someone new for the audience to discover and follow. I will always look for Lana's music, but that is because her music suits me more than anyone else these days. I would seek it out no matter the advertisement promotions. I also don't keep up with new artists and trends, so there's that. I am very specific.

Even small acts have social media and just post music related notes, concert dates and products, nothing personal and I guess they are happy with their limited success and audience. Lana was already kind of this category of artist, maybe a tiny bit higher, but not by much of a stretch and now she has stopped wanting to give that much.

No one but us knows about her album is about to drop in October.

Mazzy Star is a dead band with no social media presence and still manages to have more monthly listeners than FKA Twiggs for example. If the music is good, people are going to listen

43 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

Mazzy Star is a dead band with no social media presence and still manages to have more monthly listeners than FKA Twiggs for example. If the music is good, people are going to listen

They're from an time without the internet, though. People got on board with them and their music before it even existed so it's not the same

Lana has a different demographic and emerged during a very different time

We can all argue forever about whether or not this will have an impact but unless you're (not you specifically, Bluebird) a marketing or music industry expert then idk how anyone can be sure

It depends how long she's gone for, whether there are other forms of promotion, etc

I can't see her staying away for too long, however

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

15 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

Mazzy Star is a band that defined a genre though. 

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

16 minutes ago, BluebirdXO said:

exactly, if somebody produces great, quality music, people will listen regardless of their presence (although i will say, a big chunk of those monthly listeners are probably only listening to fade into you :toofunny:)

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

I honestly think tumblr was the best social media to push her music forward. Lana didn't even have to try, but the sheer amount of interviews she did in 2011-2012 must have been the next best.

I don't think she'll ever get that same kind of attention from fans again, or that much of a boost to her career again. And please don't tell me she doesn't even want a boost. I know. I'm just reflecting on that period. 

1 hour ago, Ultra Violet said:

I honestly think tumblr was the best social media to push her music forward. Lana didn't even have to try, but the sheer amount of interviews she did in 2011-2012 must have been the next best.

I don't think she'll ever get that same kind of attention from fans again, or that much of a boost to her career again. And please don't tell me she doesn't even want a boost. I know. I'm just reflecting on that period. 

Tiktoks with Lana's songs about every single thing appear on my fyp so it can be a good boost, only one person need to make a viral Tiktok. Songs by complete no name artists and bands can get over 50m views. As for Tumblr, I remember not being able to escape from Lana gifs back then. I was into a completely different style but I fell absolutely love into her entire image, vibe and aesthetic, it was so different than the hipster swag Brandy Melville style that was popular at the time. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

6 hours ago, BluebirdXO said:

You aren't telling me anything, this is exactly what I am talking about.

@Mer same thing~ but go on and be delusional that this won't change anything this time around for Lana and that nothing has changed much for Gaga, because she "planned" it. 

I don't mind Lana being a small time act, but Lana herself must be sure. I follow artists exactly like Mazy Star, Artists that you must be aware of searching for or you won't even know that they are working. But I don't want to hear any victim complaining when they aren't getting exposure or able to keep making a living with their art, when they make it this way themselves, as Lana is currently deciding to do.

Nothing is worse than whining for sympathy when an artist has made it, but they go and make everything feel ungrateful and it drags the fans into the persuasion. Pretentiousness, happens often with my selection of artists. Some stars have shown how easy it actually is to do their work but remain elusive. 

Lets see if Lana needs her personality to sell her new album and go from there. But IF she does, and comes back with her personality / lifestyle to sell her next album, I don't want to hear any whining and sympathy victim story from her. Her business, her choice BUT PICK A LANE.

You can't be a NICO and an EDIE. lol

Baby now You do~

1 minute ago, Mer said:

@nowyoudo do you yourself know what you are trying to say? Because nothing you wrote makes sense on this end. 

I do YES. But that is alright if you don't. Sometimes people miscommunicate. All is good.

Baby now You do~

6 minutes ago, Mer said:

@nowyoudo do you yourself know what you are trying to say? Because nothing you wrote makes sense on this end. 

I don't necessarily agree with it but the post makes sense to me

At times, Lana has seemed to take her fanbase for granted but people aren't ready for that conversation

1 minute ago, nowyoudo said:

I do YES. But that is alright if you don't. Sometimes people miscommunicate. All is good.

really confused as to why you are putting words into my mouth. I never said gaga “planned” it. I argued the opposite. 

i feel like some people are extremely bothered by the fact that she's taking a break from social media...

yes, there is a possibility it could affect her presence in the entertainment world, or even with her own fans, however, she doesn't care, she shouldn't feel like having a larger presence, or promoting her work propery is a requirement, because it isn't! for her, it's about her artistry, she's a millionare, she probably won't be losing any sleep about the fact that she might lose a few fans, if they can't keep up with her without her instagram page, it's their issue! we all love seeing her succeed & doing great with streams & sales, however, it really shouldn't be what's important at the end of the day, it's her art which is important, i'm sure lana feels the same way

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

Lana’s career is not going to be affected by her lack of social media. Period. It’s quite evident that she will still sell records the way she has consistently done so over the last 10 years. The only difference is that she won’t be criticized ruthlessly in the news as much, because the truth about the media is out of sight, out of mind - an observation that I’m sure influenced her decision to deactivate socials.

The music will be the only focus and that’s fine. In fact, that’s what it should be. Make the music and the writing and the poetry and the art the thing to look towards to. Not the “celebrity” — in this case, Lana transcends celebrity culture — but we as fans, without realizing, perpetuate that culture by focusing so heavily on image (and I know that’s partly because Lana has had a strong visual component to her career, and still does, but let’s not conflate visuals and public perception).

not gonna lie im missing her happy birthday posts even tho they always gave me a false sense of excitement thinking she announced something :xcry:

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

I just don't know why some people word their posts as if they are so sure of what Lana is thinking or what the outcome of her decisions will be

Nobody knows. In fact, I doubt even she or her managers know - I think this is all experimental on her part with the hope that it will improve her wellbeing with minimal impact on the business side of things

I'm bored and this is a great distraction from an interview I'm nervous about tomorrow so: 

Screen-Shot-2021-09-20-at-9-19-46-PM.png

No correlation. Period. 

4 minutes ago, Mer said:

I'm bored and this is a great distraction from an interview I'm nervous about tomorrow so: 

Screen-Shot-2021-09-20-at-9-19-46-PM.png

No correlation. Period. 

Except this discussion is about wayyyy more than likes

Full stop. 

1 hour ago, nowyoudo said:

You can't be a NICO and an EDIE. lol

I swear I'm not saying this sarcastically, but despite the fact I'm sitting next to a bookshelf with at least half a dozen books documenting these two women, I have absolutely no idea what this analogy is getting at :thumb:

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png