LDRO

Instagram Updates

25 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

her personally picking a couple of fans out of many and offering them exclusive privileges (that they brag about too) is the definition of elitism.

That’s not elitism, though? Lana has no control over how people will respond to having a relationship with her. You could argue that some fans are being “elitist” (using that word loosely), but there’s nothing to suggest that Lana’s “exclusive privileges” of merely giving contact is enacted to create a sense of superiority in a group especially when she’s stated her intention & is very private about these contacts.

I have varying levels of contact and interactions with friends; it doesn’t make me an elitist, and I would be no more of an elitist if my friends bragged about having a relationship with me. 

36 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

the HM account is hypocritical to me because she pushed the narrative that she needs a break from the public eye and focus on other skills and hobbies or whatever yet she just can’t seem to get away from social media, no matter how hard she tries. so what’s the point?

The point is to have more privacy and to largely surround herself with what she feels are her friends as she stated. The people she wants a break from are unlikely those that would follow her lesser known account from 2015 within a two-minute timeframe. She’s consistently spoken out against the toxicity she faces from a subset of the public. Again, even if her intentions contradicted themselves (and it doesn’t appear that they do), she’s allowed to change her mind.

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

13 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

but you're talking about how lana's being hypocritical & elitist over the fact that she has closer connections to certain fans & what not, i guess you have a point that we have the right to discuss her, and saying "seriously more important issues" is a bit redundant when we're on a lana del rey forum, i just don't see what the issue is, there's a lot more prevelant examples of elitism in the world besides lana's instagram, which affects nobody, i personally don't think it's worth complaining about, i do honestly see why it could be bothersome if a singer is close to a select few fans and offers them her phone number or whatever it may be, so i do understand your point of view a little bit

someone already asked me what the issue was and i explained that there wasn’t any. i’m just doing what everyone here does, talk about lana stuff. stop trying to create drama out of nothing :awkney:

Just now, daphnedinkley said:

random question but was the honeymoon account bio always "Honeymoon is alive and breathing"?? if so that is so adorable hahaha i love it

as far as I remember, yes (been following since those times)

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

8 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

That’s not elitism, though? Lana has no control over how people will respond to having a relationship with her. You could argue that some fans are being “elitist” (using that word loosely), but there’s nothing to suggest that Lana’s “exclusive privileges” of merely giving contact is enacted to create a sense of superiority in a group especially when she’s stated her intention & is very private about these contacts.

I have varying levels of contact and interactions with friends; it doesn’t make me an elitist, and I would be no more of an elitist if my friends bragged about having a relationship with me. 

The point is to have more privacy and to largely surround herself with what she feels are her friends as she stated. The people she wants a break from are unlikely those that would follow her lesser known account from 2015 within a two-minute timeframe. She’s consistently spoken out against the toxicity she faces from a subset of the public. Again, even if her intentions contradicted themselves (and it doesn’t appear that they do), she’s allowed to change her mind.

how is it not elitism? is elitism not providing a selected group of people with exclusive content that the rest of us don’t have access to just because they have a quality we don’t (being older fans or whatever despite some of them are actually not)? it may not be elitist from her side but it definitely is from the side of the chosen ones who keep flaunting it. 

your personal situation is incomparable with lana’s, she’s a public figure. her relationship with fans isn’t the same as your relationship with friends who actually perceive you as a person rather than an idol or even a product. 

13 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

I love it :krylie: now lana carry this energy to ur setlists challenge, Honeymoon deep cuts live WHEN

right?????

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I envy the people who have access to it, you are very lucky and keep this account warm because Lana's archives are full of memories. I would have liked to log in just once to see her old photos and videos, I really love to connect with her in the past, it was such an intense time musically and she was really interesting ... So I understand people who savor their joy of being somehow selected. Having said that I think it's not a good strategy ... She has quite a few obsessed fans and although it's just an Instagram account, a digital account or no one touching her, this one in particular does a bit of the job. of discrimination - let me explain - I think that frustrates a lot of fans and it goes against everything she said: put an end to these networks. She wants to keep her old accounts and she has the right, but otherwise it's not very cool. Cut off networks yes, but do it to the end. I know that she remains one of the few artists to keep her old accounts (I really like that) but she must not forget that she is famous and that she can no longer retire, pretend she is was not famous, acting randomly when she has a significant number of people following her. Yes it makes her human but it can hurt. Or we take it all too seriously when we shouldn't. Although the fans are all the same. @Honeymoon count or no nobody is above, we all love his music and there is no better fan than the other. You all contribute to his success and to the best of his talent. Every fan is important.

Stop acting like you just can’t see the pictures via updates accounts. It’s not like she has some huge connection with fans and non-stop replying to messages and comments, she literally just likes some comments from time to time and that’s it (which is rare as well). Let’s worry about actual discrimination, not pseudo-discrimination from some pop star just because you won’t see her selfie the exact second it’s being posted but literally 45 seconds later reposted literally everywhere else. If it feels more comfortable to her spirit just let it be this way and go watch her music videos or something, she’s hurting NO ONE 

6 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

it may not be elitist from her side but it definitely is from the side of the chosen ones who keep flaunting it. 

You said she was being “super elitist,” so that’s what I addressed. I even made a point to specify that in my last reply. Again, that’s not her fault or problem, and that’s what my message was concerned with. 

15 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

your personal situation is incomparable with lana’s, she’s a public figure. her relationship with fans isn’t the same as your relationship with friends who actually perceive you as a person rather than an idol or even a product. 

My analogy was to show that your accusations of her being elitist are unwarranted regardless of how people choose to respond to the benefits of said relationship; I said that in the explanation. Just to be safe, I said this because you said her actions were “super elitist,” so I’m talking about her end of the interaction 

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you aren’t trying to deliberately redirect your original points or misconstrue what I directly addressed, but I think those are good signs the convo isn’t headed in a great direction. I’m going to end the convo here & would appreciate if you’d respect that as well by not replying. Thank you

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

i guess the chicken hasn't been very lovely today :xgiggle: 

I guess not, they're still going :agree:

guys! look! the chicken is so lovely today! :flutter:

Roast-Chicken-with-Rosemary-_-Lemon-Finals-15.jpg

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

…anyways I wonder what Lana will be for Halloween this year & if we’ll see an update on the honeymoon account or from a friend’s Instagram!

The Dorothy one was iconic:popcorn: 

Sylvia Plath 

13 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

Stop acting like you just can’t see the pictures via updates accounts. It’s not like she has some huge connection with fans and non-stop replying to messages and comments, she literally just likes some comments from time to time and that’s it (which is rare as well). Let’s worry about actual discrimination, not pseudo-discrimination from some pop star just because you won’t see her selfie the exact second it’s being posted but literally 45 seconds later reposted literally everywhere else. If it feels more comfortable to her spirit just let it be this way and go watch her music videos or something, she’s hurting NO ONE 

what :awkney:

Some people are a bit upset because they feel like they're missing out on a way to connect as a fan, no-ones saying to ignore discrimination :oprah2: