LDRO

Instagram Updates

16 minutes ago, White Hot Forever said:

I did record all of it and I'm going to work on uploading it to youtube. This was so wholesome and insightful and I am really happy that she decided to do this, seeing how much she cared about the people she invited on was so heartwarming 

ahhhh thank you SO much for recording it!! i was away and couldn't watch. i'm so upset. :crying2:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

For anyone who missed out or wants a little recap, here's a compilation of all the things I transcribed. I'm putting them in a spoiler bc it's like 36 posts lol - 

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Elle said:

"As a critic myself, of all things, this album was for the critics whereas every other album was for myself and even though that sounds kind of cringe, I think that that's okay because people talk about chronic over explainers, but the thing about it is it if you feel you wanna explain yourself over and over again, you have the right to do that until you feel like you've been seen. Because the way I see it is that the best gift someone can give you in your intimate circle is just to bear witness to your journey and to your life, and I think if your life is public and you're a sensitive writer, addict, of all myriads of things, you want to explain yourself. & There's something else I want to mention as a chronic over explainer to some women out there. if you feel that you haven't been understood right and you get angry, there's always a place for a woman to get angry because if you don’t, you just go right into grief. That's the way I see it anyways. & it's awkward to be furious, but there's space to be furious, and of course in my album I'm not so much angry as I am explaining - except in dealer where I am furious. But I just want to say it's okay to go out on a limb and look ridiculous just because you are angry. It's always worth it, even if you feel like you’re worng. You’re right because if it's right for you to say certain things then that's just the way it is and that resinates way beyond being a singer. People can be really tough on you where you just think, why am I doing it? But the truth is I got a lot of other things I love to do that I'm going to do. I don’t plan on letting anyone's opinions spoil that. I always felt like the least controversial person in turtlenecks and all that but yet everything seemed so complicated. But what I've learned, whether you’re a singer or you’re working in a flower shop or whatever it may be - we all have our own life path and we can all see our own patterns come up over and over again and only you know what your pattern is. My album has explained what my patterns have been, but I haven't so much gone into where I want to go because I'm not sure if I can get there yet. what I've learned is when you follow your own life's path, you heal up to 7 generations forward - and in mentioning that I wanted to say that to you all as my vast employer, you are my employer, I want to thank you because we've already given $300k to a Navajo nation and we do have $700k yet to spread around which I intend to supervise personally because I want to make sure ----" (it went quiet) x

1 hour ago, Elle said:

"I want to think about how I want to put this. Essentially, I want to thank you because we've already given 300k to the Navajo nation and we still have 700k to spread out, and I'm very grateful that 3 years ago I felt an instinct to not only help others, but heal my own family's karmic lineage through paying reparations. & That was a concept that came to me before a lot of the matters we've been taking about in the past 2 years came to light. & I want to thank you for that because the proceeds of Violet are going to do so much. We've turned agriculture wells into wells for human consumption, and there's so much more we're going to do and that is all because of you. Alright, you heard what I said about it being okay to be angry right? We did that?

Yes, Behind the Iron Gates is still coming. it's complicated, it's a complicated book, it's so complicated that I feel it could almost be consolidated into 36 pages because the density of each poem says so much and it's really unflattering. it's not flattering. & It's, god, it's different from everything.

I'm not doing a tour, I'm writing mostly. I'm doing some other things that hopefully in time won't be seen as absolutely mad.

A bonus song from blue banisters? No, but there are new songs and I like them. I felt like I did have to kind of talk about a few things mostly because people were talking so much about that.

The covers album is still in existence, whether or not it's going to be covers plus country, I was sort of thinking of this idea called country and western where it's a mix of country and Cali. I take a lot of time for myself.

Are there videos from blue? Maybe, for If You Lie Down Next to Me

What's my favourite song? My favourite song is Arcadia. I love Arcadia because I actually really like the vocals. I had fun with Dealer, that's when me Miles, Zach, and Laura were all in a side rock band. Half Shadow Puppets, half me. Also why does Miles sound so much better than me in that song? Do you know how sad that is? What else do I like? I like listening to Nectar of the Gods, I've always loved Living Legend. Why did you leak that?? Hmm?? Why did you leak my favourite songs?? Hmm?? Do you know how complicated it is try to figure out why I've woven songs from 10 years ago into now? Can you please stop leaking my album?

Also no I did not take it out of a clerks hand at Target, but I was at Target. Now they have surveillance of my trying on a puffy jacket while vaping. Thank you for that.

When I wrote Arcadia I was staying at a small hotel, I think because of the breakup I didn't know what to do and I had a few out of the room of this neon sign and actually Arcadia started as a poem about a hotel in Newport Beach, I want to say it was called the Dorsey or something. I had written about, I had written this beautiful poem and if it's not too embarrassing at some point I may turn it back into a poem even though its gonna have a lot of the same lyrics. 

My most cherished memory was thinking about all the places I could go and all the freedom I would have if I stopped thinking I didn't have it and I wrote Arcadia out of a poem."

okay I'm going to stop transcribing and just do little important notes, and this one might be a little sloppy LOL x

1 hour ago, Elle said:

She sang a little of Cherry Blossom after someone asked what song she would like to sing live x

1 hour ago, Elle said:

Lana on why she's controversial: "I think it's because of my face" LOL she's so funny x

1 hour ago, Elle said:

"The next album is just going to be digital. Mark my word." - Lana regarding being frustrated that after she's finished with a record it takes 5 months to press on vinyl lol x

1 hour ago, Elle said:

"Make up your mind and hate me! That's perfect! & then for everyone else, let's put the money somewhere good." 

1 hour ago, Elle said:

"I think god muted me for like 3 minutes, probably for a reason. I was going on some self-righteous tirade." - regarding her first live suddenly going mute x

1 hour ago, Elle said:

"My wrist is tired. I've only signed 2,400 of the cards. The signatures at the end are going to be worth like 1 penny."

1 hour ago, Elle said:

AHHH SHE JUST CALLED OUT MY INSTAGRAM HANDLE :xcry:

1 hour ago, Elle said:

"When you’re a singer you aren't just yourself, you feel something on your shoulders of the over culture of what kind of woman are you. Are you feigning fragility? & It's kind of like, no. I mean if there is fragility, but it's also, it's not, it's like family of origin fragility. & what's interesting is when you start to look at that, like patterns run up and down my lineage. & That's also why I haven't been able to write as much autobiographical because it's going up the family tree. It's scary up there! But that's just my story, like sometimes I worry that people are going to pull up family records and see how things went. There's a lot there. When one family dives deep into their desires of what they want to do, it's really healing for the whole family. Oprah's book club over here." - this was from a few minutes ago when she was chatting with Bryan, but I needed to clean up the transcription lol x

1 hour ago, Elle said:

"There was a lightning storm rapidly approaching they told me 1 second before I got on stage I couldn't go. My tour manager, he's not a big guy, he locked me in my room while he stood against the door and I threw plates at him. I've never thrown anything at anyone? I can't say that, I threw one thing at a longterm boyfriend. It was not heavy. But I threw plates at Pete my tour manager of 13 years because it's so important for me to go out there and tell them I'm not going to be able to go out. But he told me that would create hysteria. That was one of my craziest moments. We didn't talk for my whole tour after that. I felt it was only right even if from the side wings to say something. & Pete is not a tough guy!" - her having to cancel the Dallas show in 2015

1 hour ago, Elle said:

This is literally soooo cute to watch, Lana is so sweet with her fans, asking them questions about themselves and all. The fan & Lana are talking Spanish together :flutter:  x

1 hour ago, Elle said:

"When I was 16, I was almost fluent. I had family there, I had a Spanish sister, a Spanish mom, and all I remember them saying is, "Lizzy! (Spanish) because I would leave the house with the radio and the lights on, I had no concept of burning energy. They had an American bar, I think it was called The American Bar, and I used to drink so much tequila because I was like 16 and I could. & They also had absinthe there. You don't need to know." - Lana talking about her time in Spain when she was 16 x

1 hour ago, Elle said:

"I was in boarding school and I couldn't go home, so I was sent straight to Spain. It was amazing but I definitely felt like very alone. I went with a lot of other kids and luckily they were super nice, but I didn't know any of them. On the plane ride there, they gave me a little cake that said Sweet 16 because I turned 16 in the air. It was cool, but I was like, am I ever going to go home? I remember there were nude beaches and I was not as cute as the other girls and I was like I'm never going to do this."

1 hour ago, Elle said:

LANA CONFIRMED BURTHDAYKAKE WAS HER x

1 hour ago, Elle said:

"I think I did it because I wanted to show the comparison of my Sharon Tate red hair. (Where did Taylor Secman come from?) Who's that?? I have no idea, bro, that is weird. That I cannot account for. I guess I probably just thought of something very different from my name. I know that my uhauljoe account I had since the day YouTube started where I put out all my weird videos and then I put up my Sylvia video because I mean that song - did you see that video on there? For Hope is a Dangerous Thing? Candy just called me, my surrogate mother Candace." - Lana about BurthdayKake

1 hour ago, Elle said:

"I'm staying at a hotel right now because of the paparazzi, this is not my normal life, but my dad says he's here so hopefully he finds his way up here."

1 hour ago, Elle said:

Lana confirmed the lyric in Ultraviolence is "I'm a dragon" 

"because I was so fucking pissed off at this person. So I was like, I'm a dragon, you're a whore! And it was going to rhyme with something, but I never ended up rhyming it, so it didn't make sense, but whatever."

whore = Lorde confirmed? 

1 hour ago, Elle said:

"I love that song called Your Girl. Shit."

1 hour ago, Elle said:

"This is Lana Del Rey. I think my dad's downstairs trying to get up. My dad is at the front desk. His name is Rob." - on the phone with the hotel

iconiccc x

1 hour ago, Elle said:

The line in wildflower wildfire "here's the deal, I promise you like a million tomorrows" is sang in present tense! Rather than promised in past tense x

1 hour ago, Elle said:

"The amazing thing is we sat down in the studio. We wrote it at home, but when we went to record it I sat down at the piano and I was looking at Lana through the glass panel and started to play. She started to sing. I had the headphones, and we did it in one take." - Rob

"I do everything in one take" - Lana 

"We looked at each other when it was done and we were like, what happened?" - Rob

"It's a lot of pressure to be in a really nice studio, but when we're at home he just plays and plays and plays." - Lana

Lana & Rob about Sweet Carolina x

1 hour ago, Elle said:

"I applied to colleges 3 times. The biggest blessing I had was getting a metro pass from my dad so I didn't have to walk to the D train because it used to take me like an hour and half to Grand Central." 

58 minutes ago, Elle said:

"I think if people hadn't been so mean to me I wouldn't have been able to get mad. I was always the one to turn the other cheek in my life. I'm very quiet. I think there's always a lesson in all of it and I think it gave me permission to be mad in other areas. The hard part is like what to do next, like, even for me the answer didn't really feel like making another record was the right answer to being pissed off but at the time it was all I knew how to do. But there's so many other things to do. Also for me it takes a village to make me un-mad. Like connection is so important. I remember writing down at some point 4 years ago I need more friends, and I found them. I wrote it and I found the most amazing girls. Do you know how crazy it is to do when you’re grown up to meet friends? Maybe if people hadn't been so tough on me, I wouldn't have felt like I needed more friends. Then god brought me the most or spirit brought me the most beautiful friendships -  people I never thought I would ever meet. My girlfriends in high school before I went to boarding school were amazing, so I sort of got them back, you know?

The paparazzi were gone for 2 years, everything was so normal and then this morning it really fucking sucked because I was trying to feed my chickens, somehow they were like looking through the hedges and I was also wearing something insane so I left and was like this is really scary. & then I always do the wrong thing which is I always speed up really fast to their drivers side which is so dangerous and take a picture of them but I shouldn't do that.

I want to give a shoutout to Tessa DiPietro. She's the most talented woman I've met in LA in the past 10 years. There's like no way to get ahold of her. She doesn't have a website. She doesn't like post or anything but I met her like 8 years ago and she didn't know me at all, and the first thing she said to me was, a question is coming off of your right shoulder that wants to be acknowledged, and that question is how does it serve you to be submissive in your life? And I went a shade of red you can't describe and I didn't know if it was a sexual innuendo, but I said well if you’re submissive in general people don’t get mad at you. She said i'ts not a question that needs to be answered, it's a question to present to your psyche. Since then she's brought so many, I like the concept that she brought to light about the over culture. You know how somethings things go badly in your life things are also weird in other people's lives? There's a power of that superconscious. It's also why you'll see like.5 movies come out that are all about Snow White. The tone of the over culture is very powerful."

56 minutes ago, Elle said:

"When I say things like that, it's because I want something to impact me. I want it to impact me." - talking about the "looking to get fucked hard" lyric in Gods & Monsters x

52 minutes ago, Elle said:

"The second epidemic to come out of the pandemic was domestic disputes. It rose beyond 300% in this country. If you went to some of the meetings I went to, you would be shocked. All of the feelings I thought were so unique to me about just wanting to just not wanna do this anymore, like, people who are like old and young and smart and stupid they are all saying the same thing like they felt like the end of the relationship they knew it didn't make sense, but they felt the end of the relationship was going to break them. I remember when Sean and I broke up and I thought It was the end of the world especially because he was perceived as everything that I wasn't, like sunshine and the right side of the law and it broke my heart. The whole idea of everything disintegrating and the lesson was I got to get in touch with that panicked side that was very old because they say hysteria is historical, so it's a reason to dig into your history but you don't want to do it alone. & even still everything hurts, like when I see things it hurts. You would be shocked like relationships completely break people. They really do. Even if you go onto the next one, it's not like it gets better."

47 minutes ago, Elle said:

"My surrogate mom candy says that chemistry never dies. even if the other person dies, chemistry never dies. It's like we have soulmates but we don't have to marry them and I think I had that old trailer for Lust for Life and I talked about holding in my poetry I hold many worlds in the palms of my hands. That trailer was everything. Rich is gonna help me do a trailer like that and also have it like float into all the videos I have from the past two years, but that's triggering too. I actually stopped making... Ew, why did someone say 'Congrats on your surrogate pregnancy?' Yuck, go away. You're so annoying.

You know what the good thing is though? I think just knowing that time the only thing that's going to make it get better is so much time. If you’re that sensitive, I think also, do you every listen to Jerry & Esther Hicks? They have saved my life many times. I think Jerry's passed now, but I listen to Esther all the time and she talks about how important it is to have non-thought like not having positive thoughts about the future or sad thoughts about the past but just like having a singular point of focus in a meditation or while you're sleeping while your thoughts just stop where the train stops gaining momentum. Its' not like it ceases to be there but you have an opportunity to have other thoughts keep in there. I meditate a lot,  do so many meditations because I am so ADD, I remember everything. The people I'm thinking about, they don't remember anything. Candy says they're always thinking about you too, but I think probably not. For that reason, I have to take so much time to slow down my thinking and slow down my breathing. The good thing is I've been in certain rooms where I'm shocked to hear people want to jump out a building because their relationship ended. I'm like really? You look like you have it all together!"

45 minutes ago, Elle said:

"In the end even if everyone hates it, it all comes out in the wash. None of it matters. I mean, I think also I heard someone say once sometimes in relationships it's not the messenger, its the message. Sometimes you have to pay attention to what was it in that partner that they had that you wanted and what did you have that they wanted. I mean I personally know the answers to those two questions in all my relationships. Is it stability? Is it the ability to hold it together no matter what? But also they ended up losing it, so that was also messed up."

43 minutes ago, Elle said:

"Did you know that my dad called all my friends in high school Jennifer and I never knew a Jennifer? My dad and I also don't know how old we are. I've gotten my age wrong since I was 24. Now I have my best friend Jen and he calls her Jan."

38 minutes ago, Elle said:

"If you ever get into a relationship and you see any sign of a red flag just leave. god. Then it'll be 2 weeks later and he has keys to somebody's apartment and you're in love. If I could give you any fucking wisdom it would be just be so careful. & That's what hard about being alone. It doesn't matter how much yoga you do or how many miles you run in Long Beach or how many records you put out. But pulling geographical is helpful for me,. I've driven across the country so many times, driven across New Mexico, and I feel different in the middle of the country. I feel so different. I've had some fucking really weird things happen when I've written things down like I will never speak to this person again but in this book they say once you are at your most vulnerable or you have made your most solid declarations you will have a series of almost psychic events that seem to bring that person of your life IE run into mutual friends, run into someone at the grocery store, and that's a sign I did something right. Even the paparazzi this morning, he scared me to death and I couldn't get my chickens back in the coop. They were crying all night long. Then my dad ripped his pants. I'm so sensitive if they cry at night, I'm cuddling them and they're just chickens but the thing is I already had a bad morning because I was up all night and then this paparazzi in this blacked out car followed me and then these last 2 years that were normal just disappeared and now it's like I'm not normal. I'm like this person. All of this could make you want to call somebody that you shouldn't because it's so hard to be alone even if you're with dad. That's a personality type. It's not everybody. It's very codependent. I'm a sensitive alcoholic codependent myriad."

37 minutes ago, Elle said:

"When I read guy's profiles, and I won't say anything more than that, they're like 'you can find me in the gym. I'm goal oriented.' & I'm like ew, no! Like, goal oriented in what?? Finances??"

32 minutes ago, Elle said:

"I just wanted to say that conversation with Zach was so moving for me. I don’t think I've ever met someone like Zach who is just so nice and attributes part of his personality to someone else."

28 minutes ago, Elle said:

"I think I'm getting at something... I love Living Legend that's actually about my first mentor Jane Powers. Sweet baby Jane don't know a thing about my songs but she knows I'm a monsoon. She knew everything bad about me but she didn't know I was a singer. I've got guns in the summertime and horses too, I never meant to be bad or unwell, I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell and I'm tired of it. Did you like the way I turned my voice into a saxophone? Like waaaawawawawawaaaaaaa! I was trying to sound like a sax, I was really going for it. It kind of reminds me of Dealer a little bit, like eueueughhhh! Or when I was younger and I used to sing Million Dollar Man like one for the moneyyyy ahhhhh twoooo for the showww ahhhh!!! Looking back they're quite troubling, but I was getting there and that's the thing. As long as you do what you feel it kind of makes sense later and then none of it makes sense all over again and then you do it all again and man I just pray so much. I need so much help. But I got Rob and his little Hawaiian shirts and little Annie she's landing"

25 minutes ago, Elle said:

"Fireworks are my favourite things besides you guys, s'mores, Rob, and my cats. (Rob: Your chickens?) Not my chickens, actually."

23 minutes ago, Elle said:

"If nobody's told you that they love you today, I love ya. Rob loves you too. Stick with the winners. Don't go to the hardware store for bread. Don't date mean people. Run at the sign at anyone who yells at you or gets mad at you. I'm going to try to stop giving unsolicited advice. I think the Bible says that's a sin. I'm such a meddler."

22 minutes ago, Elle said:

"Anything you get from me comes from up there so shoutout to the big spirit in the sky. I really mean that... Happy Blue Banisters day. Rob ripped his pants. I've been crying for hours... Goodbye. May the force be with you. Swing it high cherry blossom on your sycamore tree, what you don't tell no one you can always tell me. Bye!"

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

did anyone catch the part where a fan wanted to ask a question ab wildflower wildfire and lana was like OOP maybe don't ask ab that one! and pointed at her dad (prob thinking the fan was going to ask ab the "my father never stepped in when his wife would rage on me" line) and the fan was like NO NO NO I just wondered about the "promise you like a million tomorrow line"!

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

Just now, Super Movie said:

I thought that was really interesting. It almost makes me wonder how much of This Is What Makes Us Girls was inspired by her time in Spain rather than her time at boarding school

I was thinking the same. She was talking about getting drunk off tequila all the time. She also sort of said that it was legal for her to do so here at 16?! But the legal age for drinking has always been 18 here lmao

Just now, World At War said:

i think she was joking abt that, right after she says unlike taylor swift her label won't let her release without vinyl 

Did she say her label? She said that "SHE (Taylor Swift) can". I assumed it was for first-week sales reasons but she didnt say that her label wouldnt let her, at least I dont remember her saying that.

Can we talk about the moment where she was talking about the LFL trailer and then something like she was going to make a video of the last 2 years or make something out of the music videos she recorded in the last 2 years?

She got distracted with a comment and then changed subjects ugh What she was saying was so interesting 

Just now, War In My Mind said:

Did she say her label? She said that "SHE (Taylor Swift) can". I assumed it was for first-week sales reasons but she didnt say that her label wouldnt let her, at least I dont remember her saying that.

when she said "taylor can" i assumed she meant something like "taylor can do that, i cant (because they wont let me)"

I think she just meant that the covers album is gonna be digital. What was the title she said? She's gonna combine the covers album and the country album...

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * ・゜゜・.GIVE PEACE A CHANCE .・゜゜・ ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

Just now, World At War said:

when she said "taylor can" i assumed she meant something like "taylor can do that, i cant (because they wont let me)"

Yeah we just are assuming the reason. But the reason why I think it's about sales is because of her fans, who buy every single iteration of her album but maybe who don't stream it as much (because maybe they've spent the week already listening to a leak) or because maybe they want to listen to a higherquality file ripped from their physical album. Maybe it is a label reason but it's interesting the interpretations that stem

1 minute ago, That Venice Bitch said:

I think she just meant that the covers album is gonna be digital. What was the title she said? She's gonna combine the covers album and the country album...

She said maybe she'd call it "Country and Western" bc she's thinking of combining the country stuff and the covers. Then she said something about western meaning out west in California I think?