LDRO

Instagram Updates

14 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Wait, The Pierces as the same The Pierces of the PLL theme song? :oprah4:

Yep, that’s them! Iconic x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Just came here after seeing Allison on her story, wow! The Pierces are one of my favourite artists overall alongside Lana. For anyone who wants a taste i would so recommend their albums 'You & I' and 'Thirteen Tales of Love and Revenge' which show different sides to their greatness :worship:

12 hours ago, Elle said:

I can't believe it :trisha: I figured they would connect at some point since the have some mutual connections such as the fact they've both worked with Dan Heath and the sisters have followed Ben Mawson, Nikki Lane, Neil Krug, and Tom Marsh among some of other Lana's friends on IG, but I'm actually losing my mind right now at the fact they're together in person. I would absolutely KILL for a Pierces x Del Rey collab x

Cat met her several years ago & Lana told her she had all their albums!

Also, they worked with Neil on Love You More ages before Lana ever did, he shot the EP cover too.

44+-+The+Pierces+-+Love+You+More+-+EP+Ar

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

13 hours ago, Elle said:

So, I messaged Allison about the repost sort of freaking out because again, I discovered The Pierces back in 2011 around the release of their album You & I, and then discovered Lana a couple months later just in time for the release of Born to Die. This is taking me wayyyyy back, feeling super nostalgic right now. Even still to this day, in my iTunes Lana is my #1 most played artist and The Pierces are #3. Anyway, this is what Allison replied! Seems like we're both in shock! This is amazing! x

51871379949_e0ecc52f02_c.jpg

ELLE OMFG STOP I LEGIT THOUGHT ABOUT YOU LAST NIGHT WHEN I SAW THE POST COME IN LIKE PLSSSSSS THIS GORL MUST BE WIGGING OUT RN. I STILL HAVEN'T RECOVERED. 

But no seriously I haven't. And if you don't know the Pierces or their solo careers I hope you guys all check them out. I really love this track so fucking much, she could play all day and I would not be mad about it

22 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

ELLE OMFG STOP I LEGIT THOUGHT ABOUT YOU LAST NIGHT WHEN I SAW THE POST COME IN LIKE PLSSSSSS THIS GORL MUST BE WIGGING OUT RN. I STILL HAVEN'T RECOVERED. 

But no seriously I haven't. And if you don't know the Pierces or their solo careers I hope you guys all check them out. I really love this track so fucking much, she could play all day and I would not be mad about it

this song and the one i want HAVE to be my favs on creation :excited:

giphy.gif

She just posted a beautiful story about her grandparents and memories in the Adirondacks, crying :crai:

Some old family photos in the post too, but only pasted her essay below.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZxxcfuJ-Gp5iuR6V8MMz9Kw042Hbst2gkQhVU0/?utm_medium=copy_link

FLMof1eX0AAE9kd?format=jpg&name=900x900

FLMof1gXMAYeN51?format=jpg&name=900x900

we don't deserve her, this story is gorgeous. btw am i the only one that thinks she should maybe co-write scripts for tv shows and movies and things like that? she is one hell of a writer

transcribed text

My dad and his brothers built my grandma and grandpa's house out of giant Lincoln logs, we lived at the bottom of Cobblehill with our very own trail up to the top of the smallest mountain in the Adirondacks. It was cold in the summer so the fire was always burning and every time I drive through Monte Nido it's full of wood-fire smoke and it reminds me of their house and the giant owls that would hoo all night long. And tall Christmas trees that I could reach to put stars on from the loft that was his office. And a constant scent from the kitchen from food I knew must've been popular in the 50s? I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Tumblers that were always a quarter full of bourbon with giant ice cubes that left the subtlest scent on my grandfathers breath that I was too young to know but that I loved, and strong perfumes on my Grandmother's neck that I smelled in her winter jacket hugs she gave when we snow stomped through the door. These oils came from little bottles from places they had traveled to like Jamaica and Africa, displayed on circle mirrored dishes that seemed only appropriate for princesses. And the doll house- a replica of their big house that we played in for hours pretending we were little rabbits 🐇 that had our own beds and our own ironing boards and our own lives.
Each time we came over my grandfather would make up a story for us- we would be excited to see which animal he assigned to our name. Sometimes I got to be the sparrow in his stories but I liked it most of all when he made me a bunny and told me about all the adventures that I had gone that day.
And most distinctly, I remember the tall grandfather clock that struck me every time it struck the top of the hour and the long chimes it let out at midnight if I was still awake when I slept over (which I always was.) I was always the last one to fall asleep and I still am. In those starry nights I dreamt of future starry nights in skies I knew not where. I guess it only made sense that they would end up being in the city of angels- at least for a period of time. In a place where so many had found themselves lost, together we made a little nest of our own. It's not unlike being with you grandma and grandpa and no one's ever really gone. I call upon you all the time, I bring your with me to the coffee shop and reservoir, I bring you with me late nights on dark roads.
I ask for Dave when I'm lost in the woods on a hike that I took so far. You are my constant stars and it's not just that I believe you're with me, I know as much as I know that the evergreen tree I'm parked in front of is real that you are real. Thank you for loving me when I was small, for loving tight blonde curls and small sweaters embroidered with my name on it and having no doubts that wherever I landed I would be at home within myself, because my little soul was beautiful enough to be at home in wherever I landed. It's been a very long journey. My only guess is that when we were stardust before we decided to come into this world- we must've asked God to never make our lives boring and to let our physical experience be full of scars and stars. The scars are mere illusions and whenever I feel that they are real I call upon you to put your hands on them, to dissolve them and bring back my smooth freckled skin. And as you do, with your hand on my back and a light bourbon breath, you remind me that I asked for this - all of it. And that nothing - absolutely nothing happens by mistake.

In-Bed-and-in-the-Tub-with-Lana-Del-Rey-

She has good writing skills, I would like to read her autobiography :flutter: