LDRO

Instagram Updates

On 9/20/2022 at 6:45 PM, prettywhenimhigh said:

307863123-823960705463266-60594531136607

liviinngggggg for the accessories

LDRX sad hoe anthem confirmed :true: 

he just stared right into my deepest darkest desires. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

On her story, wishing a happy birthday to her pastor Judah Smith of Churchome -

A post shared by LanaBoards (@lanaboards)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

2 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Judah is a homophobe (who also thinks "living with your girlfriend" is a sin), so I hope he has a horrible birthday, quite frankly

kRvENU69EiaCdL8ZdWy9sP-768-80.png.webp

I also found this: 

Spoiler

Regarding his 2005 comments on abortion, (where he preached against it) Judah says (through his publicist), ‘We have grown significantly in the past 15 years. I wouldn’t agree with my approach when I was a young pastor on many issues and understand that no life decision is easy. We hope to be a loving home for humanity, no matter what someone has experienced.’

When I ask Chelsea what she would say to a member of her congregation considering an abortion, she is quick to clarify that, unlike a priest, a pastor—at least at Churchome—isn’t meant to provide counsel. ‘We know what we’re good at, which is the Bible and Jesus and telling His story. And we know what we’re not good at. There are amazing trained professional psychologists and counselors [for that].’

That’s why, on the Churchome Global app, the Smiths titled a section of videos ‘Question and Response’ rather than ‘Question and Answer.’

Throughout the two days we spend together, Chelsea has few answers for me. So I call her up a few weeks later to ask more questions: What is Churchome’s position on LGBTQ members, for example? ‘Every individual is entitled to their own persuasion, and it’s not our job to persuade. It’s just our job to proclaim. They feel just as loved and welcome and a part of our community,’ Chelsea says.

Have Judah’s views on homosexuality changed since 2005? ‘We are a church who love and welcome people regardless of their beliefs or background,’ he says. Would Churchome be open to having a gay pastor? After a long pause, Chelsea says, ‘We are very much in the category of “We love everybody. God is for everybody. And God’s heart is for people.” So our hearts are for people, and that is where we land, absolutely.

It’s still a half-assed response in my opinion but I think it’s important to put it out here 

2 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

I also found this: 

Hide contents

Regarding his 2005 comments on abortion, (where he preached against it) Judah says (through his publicist), ‘We have grown significantly in the past 15 years. I wouldn’t agree with my approach when I was a young pastor on many issues and understand that no life decision is easy. We hope to be a loving home for humanity, no matter what someone has experienced.’

When I ask Chelsea what she would say to a member of her congregation considering an abortion, she is quick to clarify that, unlike a priest, a pastor—at least at Churchome—isn’t meant to provide counsel. ‘We know what we’re good at, which is the Bible and Jesus and telling His story. And we know what we’re not good at. There are amazing trained professional psychologists and counselors [for that].’

That’s why, on the Churchome Global app, the Smiths titled a section of videos ‘Question and Response’ rather than ‘Question and Answer.’

Throughout the two days we spend together, Chelsea has few answers for me. So I call her up a few weeks later to ask more questions: What is Churchome’s position on LGBTQ members, for example? ‘Every individual is entitled to their own persuasion, and it’s not our job to persuade. It’s just our job to proclaim. They feel just as loved and welcome and a part of our community,’ Chelsea says.

Have Judah’s views on homosexuality changed since 2005? ‘We are a church who love and welcome people regardless of their beliefs or background,’ he says. Would Churchome be open to having a gay pastor? After a long pause, Chelsea says, ‘We are very much in the category of “We love everybody. God is for everybody. And God’s heart is for people.” So our hearts are for people, and that is where we land, absolutely.

It’s still a half-assed response in my opinion but I think it’s important to put it out here 

I didn't see that, but he knows it's not acceptable to say what he said in 2005, in 2022, so he's giving a non answer. Still, it's (sort of) a positive that he knows it's not okay to say it now.

I think the thing that annoys me is the selectivity of these celebrity churches. He's quite happy to declare that living with your partner is a sin, but I'm sure as shit he wouldn't preach that to someone like Lana (who definitely has/does live with partners) because she has money.

Sorry to get all ranty; people who discriminate on the basis of religion really piss me off.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

i think establishments like churchome are useless and cringy, i don't get why lana goes but hey, as long as she's happy i guess. maybe i'm just against them because where i live we have nothing similar. whatever. anyway, she looks pretty:party:

54 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

"Every individual is entitled to their own persuasion,"

this answer is the MOST "we don't approve but we can't say that" answer of all time....clearly they subscribe to the "we love gays in SPITE of their gayness" doctrine which is homophobic trash. i know lana doesn't feel the same way but it still hurts a little that she'd associate with a church like this (there are SO MANY churches, esp in LA, that are actually progressive and even radical). that said...i've never looked to lana for political insights so whatevs, enjoy yr homophobic church girl!

aOaIzH2.gif