LDRO

Instagram Updates

4 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

It is funny to me, though, that there's a bunch o' people over on the Snow on the Beach thread criticising Taylor for various things but they're totally cool with this type o' problematic shit because it's Lana.

Even tho Lana has a huge following of LGBTQ fans (myself included), I honestly never saw her as a strong ally the way I saw Taylor as an ally (It wasn’t Lana that said “gay pride makes me me”). She never positioned herself as an advocate for our/my community, in the way others have (Madonna, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift). So maybe I’m stronger in my criticism of them than Lana for that reason. 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

Maybe they have a bond in person that exists independent of, or transcending these sorts of beliefs. 

I understand a lot of people, and probably most people here think that being friends with someone with different political beliefs is absurd, but the fact is that there just are a lot of people in the world who don't think it matters at all

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

She surely has an interesting thing going on with institutions. Her earlier fascination with patriotism, her affiliation with this church
 She seems to be struck by the glamorous veneer of the idea of community, for example, with the biker gangs and football teams, too. I feel she is a person who has a strong need to belong and be part of something greater and overlooks a lot of problematic stuff because of that. Of course, this is me having read too much into her throughout the years being a fan and all. I can’t for the life of me understand why someone I perceive as an incredibly intelligent woman would have anything to do with these people or groups.

she literally dated a blue lives matter cop we can get through this lmao it's not great but the man is a pastor. I don't expect anything less from someone like him

she has her personal reasons to attend this church, we don't have to agree. and I also highly doubt she ever googled him or something

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

it's not that deep, by any means, but it does illustrate something about her character that we were already familiar with, and is perhaps easier to discuss when it's low-stakes like this (vs. shitting on her aryan cop boyfriend or whatever the fuck) because it's an interesting subject, not because lana is in the wrong for anything

rihKQ8M.gif

A lot of celebrity goes that church (unfortunately). It’s cliquey. Lana started attending that church in 2019 the same time as she dated the cop. Someone in her recent circle definitely introduced it to her and she’s just painfully ignorant.

13 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

A lot of celebrity goes that church (unfortunately). It’s cliquey. Lana started attending that church in 2019 the same time as she dated the cop. Someone in her recent circle definitely introduced it to her and she’s just painfully ignorant.

She was dating Chase when we got the first pix of her going. I doubt he introduced her to it though, cos he Jewish, iirc

But I'm sure Seany was supportive of her going because he's Christian af

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

40 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

She was dating Chase when we got the first pix of her going. I doubt he introduced her to it though, cos he Jewish, iirc

But I'm sure Seany was supportive of her going because he's Christian af

Was she dating Chase here?

Lana attending church has always been weird to me because she does not strike me as particularly religious like at all. It’s not reflecting in her music. Mariah Carey has more gospel songs, Lady Gaga, Madonna, etc. Justin Bieber goes to that church but that makes sense. He’s known to be religious and made very faith based religious songs that span many albums along with the bopity bop pop songs. 

I don’t know what she’s doing there aside from the fact that celebrities go to that church. Same thing with Chñteau Marmont when that was a thing. That place was popular with Celebs until the sexual allegations, racial discrimination surfaced, and workers strikes started.

Maybe the next album will be very religious idk.

20 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

Was she dating Chase here?

Lana attending church has always been weird to me because she does not strike me as particularly religious like at all. It’s not reflecting in her music. Mariah Carey has more gospel songs. Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Madonna, etc. Justin Bieber goes to that church but that makes sense. He’s known to be religious and made very faith based religious songs that span many albums along with the bopity bop pop songs. 

I don’t know what she’s doing there aside from the fact that celebrities go to that church. Same thing with Chñteau Marmont when that was a thing. That place was popular with Celebs until the sexual allegations, racial discrimination surfaced, and workers strikes started.

Maybe the next album will be very religious idk.

Well as far as we can tell, yes  

She appeared to break up with him right around the NFR release (end of Aug '19) 

The last time they were seen together was on tour in Portugal 'n' shit 

But that ^ wasn't her first time attending. The tweet says "NOT HILLSONG" cos ppl kept calling it Hillsong and it wasn't

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

26 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

Anyways, Born To Die in many ways is rebellious against religion. Drugs, Alcohol, Sex. Most of Lana’s work is anti religion honestly.

She doesn’t really make music that addressed religion directly like the artists I mentioned (except for God Knows I Tried?) and that’s like one song and it’s just a common expression honestly. In fact, Lana sings about pretty controversial topics like domestic abuse, dating older men, being a homewrecker. Like this is not what a church girl should sing about. I mean no direct references or lyrics to be anti-god or pro-god for that matter, but it can be inferred that Lana is or was? very much rebellious. A sinful woman she is or
was.

And how can we forget she studied metaphysics which is like the most atheist thing possible.

Something shifted late 2019.

Well, the song 'Born to Die' starts with the spiritual (in the sense of spiritual music) line 'Feet don't fail me now'. And Off To the Races includes

My old man is a thief, and
I'm gonna stay and pray with him 'til the end
But I trust in the decision of the Lord, to watch over us
Take him when He may, if He may

Not even to start with things like 'I Talk To Jesus' and all the cult references in Ultraviolence, as well as the Garden of Eden being the central metaphor of the Tropico movie. She's been on about religion for a long long time.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

this might be an unpopular opinion here but when u think about it, a lot of Lana's music is a reflection and pondering of being/ existing. there's definitely a lot to do to entertain oneself but we all know she's got a hunger for trying to understand more of the philosophical and metaphysical questions.

these days, the existence and practicing of wonder is honestly kinda dwindling w the age of tech. u might go to a retreat, or a spa find a moment of enlightenment to figure things out but a church can be a more accepting place where not having the answer is alright. sure a lot can get convoluted but if she centers herself, that can be a powerful thing that she might take time to better interpret for herself. who knows really 

UV/Honeymoon

54 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

Well, the song 'Born to Die' starts with the spiritual (in the sense of spiritual music) line 'Feet don't fail me now'. And Off To the Races includes

Not even to start with things like 'I Talk To Jesus' and all the cult references in Ultraviolence, as well as the Garden of Eden being the central metaphor of the Tropico movie. She's been on about religion for a long long time.

I guess you’re right lol? Forget what I said then. But I don’t know, her music doesn’t strike me as religious like a church or something like that. More like questioning of existence beyond god. Philosophy more than “religious “. Like someone said.

Born To Die tackles intelligent design and creationism. The song itself questions it. I guess that is religious? 

Tropoico also had the alien thing which once again ties into her metaphysics background. I don’t think she’s in favor of Jesus but a devine being, yes. An alien could be our god and we’re simulated by a massive computer. That’s Lana’s take.

On 10/11/2022 at 2:25 AM, Xenoblade 3 said:

I guess you’re right lol? Forget what I said then. But I don’t know, her music doesn’t strike me as religious like a church or something like that. More like questioning of existence beyond god. Philosophy more than “religious “. Like someone said.

Born To Die tackles intelligent design and creationism. The song itself questions it. I guess that is religious? 

Tropoico also had the alien thing which once again ties into her metaphysics background. I don’t think she’s in favor of Jesus but a devine being, yes. An alien could be our god and we’re simulated by a massive computer. That’s Lana’s take.

2005: First, I say my prayer, then I'm all right
I sit in my chair, you dim the light
When I look, I stare with inner a-sight

2006: "Pawn Shop Blues," 'nuff said

~2012: Is it by mistake or design

I used to wonder if it was God's plan that I should be alone for so much of my life. But I found peace. I found happiness within people and the world. So there is a sad tone, but also real joy. It seemed like a mix of two beautiful worlds coming together.

2011: https://pitchfork.com/features/rising/8657-lana-del-rey/

Pitchfork: You started singing in a church choir—do you think your church would approve of some of the lyrics on “Kinda Outta Luck” like the one about hitting dudes in the back of the head with a gun?

LDR: God has saved me a million times so I think he must’ve enjoyed that song.

2018: https://www.lofficielusa.com/music/lana-del-rey-cover-story

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? —Ian

Yes. I believe you are your own doorway to an understanding of something greater. I never think of how I can get bigger or better, I just think, How can I go deeper? How can I know myself more so that I’m a clearer conduit for whatever else is in the ether? Meditation’s a big part of my life. I was already doing that when I was young, thinking about what I wanted to do, things I wanted to manifest.

Spiritual, but not "holy roller" religious. She mentions Kundalini yoga in Violet. Her attraction to Churchome seems more to be because it's a communal activity she can do with her friends.

And it's possible, just as Jesus is her bestest friend, some of her other songs may be indirectly referencing things in that direction. "There's so much wholesomeness there to be discovered if people looked at it from a wholesome lens."

She writes and sings about God on every album in some way, mostly in the affirmative/positive. That didn’t happen by accident. 

Even MAC on NFR! refers to Jesus, who “stilled the waters” according to the Bible. 

That doesn’t mean she’s ‘born again,’ but she might be in her heart, who knows?