LDRO

Instagram Updates

do we really think she spent her free time googling this pastor's name until she found a homophobic statement he made almost 2 decades ago? i'm not saying she's an innocent little girl that has no idea of how bad the world really is or whatever but let's be honest she ain't doing all that

i can really see some change on lana's perspective on God and i really like that. since lust for life we can see how she changed and isn't that rebel girl anymore like she was on born to die. nfr, chemtrails and blue banisters only reafirm her good relation she has with religion now like when she writes "There's nothing wrong contemplating God" or "If you don't pray you'll never learn"

16 hours ago, honeymoon is alive said:

i can really see some change on lana's perspective on God and i really like that. since lust for life (around the time she allegedly started to frequent some services) we can see how she changed and isn't that rebel girl anymore like she was on born to die. nfr, chemtrails and blue banisters only reafirm her good relation she has with religion now like when she writes "There's nothing wrong contemplating God" or "If you don't pray you'll never learn"

I don't think she ever really changed. Born to Die was more about remembering the times when she was a rebel. She's far more open about it now; in the Banisters livestream she's going full crystal child. I think she views people like Jesus more as animus archetypes, being the "big studier of Carl Jung" that she is.

Lost but now I am found = Reference to "Amazing Grace" and finding God

"Bel Air" = Spiritual rebirth (the being "found") and asking others to follow the same path

The tracks in between are more about going from lost to found, summed up in Tropico. She said Ultraviolence was a "spiritual" album.

Social work involves working with people that society has forgotten or left behind, or who simply can’t function in normal society. It usually involves reintegration . . .

I’m not a trained social worker. I’ve been sober for ten years, so it was drug and alcohol rehabilitation. It was more traditional twelve-step call stuff. Just people who can’t get it together, me and groups of other people who have been based in New York for a long time working with people who need help and reached out. It was about building communities around sobriety and staying clean and stuff like that. That was my focus since I moved to the Bronx when I was eighteen. I liked music, but I considered it to be a luxury. It wasn’t my primary focus: the other stuff was really my life....

So your social work was based on your own experiences?

Yeah, because I was an addict who got clean....

So obviously it must have informed your music.

Yeah, it’s been my main influence, I would say....

What are some of the new themes, you think?

Well, I graduated with a metaphysics degree and I loved philosophy, I’ve kind of gone back to things that made me feel excited about learning maybe six years ago when I was in school. And I have a boyfriend I really like, I write about him a lot. That’s really it.

I’d read that you’d studied philosophy. Was there a certain school of thought that really interested you?

Well, I mixed it with my studies in theology, because it was the best school for the Jesuit faith and all of the Jesuits taught philosophy classes. There was just a lot of talk about going back to that basic question: Why do we exist? How did reality come to be? Why do we do what we do? And how not to become the butcher, the baker, the candlestickmaker, the guardians of the middle-class—that really interested me. I don’t know. Yeah, I loved being around people who wondered why we were here.

Do you still pay attention to what’s happening with the Church? Like, the new pope?

Yes, I’m aware. I wish him all the best.

And what do you think of the Church sex scandals?

It’s hard to see other people’s bad choices ruin the mysticism that can come from inside the walls of a church. It’s unfortunate....

Is it because you lived in a small town in upstate New York?

Yeah, probably. It was boring. That town is crazy, too. I was a bad girl, but I’m good now.

On 10/11/2022 at 3:04 AM, Xenoblade 3 said:

Anyways, Born To Die in many ways is rebellious against religion. Drugs, Alcohol, Sex. Most of Lana’s work is anti religion honestly.

Something shifted late 2019.

this is as extremely simplistic view of religion

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

also, religion, spirituality, and/or a belief in a god or higher force can be a very complex, complicated thing which is unique to every individual, just because somebody sings about “rebellious” things doesn’t make them inherently anti-spiritual/religionless

WGe8ynS.gif