LDRO

Instagram Updates

Seriously tho, the only unreleased I’ve listened to is Hollywood. And I didn’t know it was unreleased at the time lol Not that I’m against listening to leaks per se, but I think she has enough material released not to feel the need to. I personally don’t at the moment.

But the thing with this is, she’s clearly asking her fans not to listen to leaked stuff (at least from this era), so I guess if you consider yourself a Lana’s fan, should, at least, not support leakers from now on in any way, and listening to stolen songs is. Same with giving attention to the useless snippets. I believe there’s a difference in the way she’s asking us not to listen to unreleased now, to how she has reacted to leaks in the past (I might be wrong tho). It’s up to everyone anyways, but the moral and ethics are there. 

2 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

I think there are a lot of songs that are still "okay" to listen to, like older leaks (especially of unfinished songs) from 2012 that are no longer her style. For example she sang "Serial Killer" on her tour, so I think it's not wrong to listen. There's a risk that all the recent leaks are from the recently stolen laptop, so I don't want to hear them anymore. At least it would be good to know which songs are from which (known) theft.

i know you are wanting a clear answer but there's so much nuance and complexity to this sitation. there's already confusion and uncertainty around which leaks she was talking about on her videos, if her devices were stolen don't you think MOST if not ALL of her recent music was stolen? at that point, does it matter if the file actually comes from some other hack or from her laptop? those files don't exist in isolation, she probably thinks they all came from her and it is upsetting even though they may have been obtained prior to the theft and from somewhere else...

again using crazy for you as an example, if it were to leak now and she was made aware of it, of course it's not for an upcoming album but she would still see that and think it's connected to the theft if she had it on her laptop or her drive(s). so how do you decide if it's ok or not to listen to it? we know it's not from the theft, we know it's not for an upcoming album, but she might believe it came from the theft and feel bad that her songs and personal files are out there... would you still feel guilty or not? there's no clear cut answer to this situation...

43 minutes ago, Wait For Life said:

they’re all obtained practically the same way :lel:

also if im being totally honest if leak “links” were banned on this site.. i think the consequences would be substantial 

it would substantially suck.

i listen to leaks and hoard them like a mf.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

At this point, we need a list of which leaks have been approved for listening and which have an uncertain status.

no, no we don't. listen to all of them, it's approved.

giphy.gif

everyone is acting like this is such a difficult situation discerning which leaks are ok but the simplest answer is none. i know most of us have listened to leaks in the past but it is never too late to stop & be better fans. obviously some people will continue to listen to & beg for leaks but we do not have to pretend it is morally ok. as fans we have not been giving lana the respect she deserves. this recent situation may have never happened if her fans were not so obsessed with leaks. i can only pray this is the last time this happens to her but i will admit i am not very optimistic.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

9 minutes ago, baddisease said:

no, no we don't. listen to all of them, it's approved.

It is a tricky one to discern, tons of her leaked songs go viral on tik tok- so either way you can listen to them unintentionally-I do think there should be a block on this site from material-2018-onwards as she seems to reuse a lot of material.

I get why some of us want an « absolution », by listening to leaks that we are sure that won’t ever belong to an album… And yet, @111 is right. No leak is a legal one, and with Lana, we know her creative process isn’t linear at all: just like she decided, with BB, to include leaked tracks, we can’t be absolutely sure that what is the future of any track / hook or even demo. 
I do wonder though how come that site still up and running most of the time for the vast majority of you… How many artists got the site down for a while because of their latest release having leaked there and yet, it’s still up a week later…

I’m not going to act as an abolitionist because I love leaks-let’s face it, leaks have helped lanas career massively whether she’ll admit it or not.

I just think as other members have stated it’s about respecting her wishes in regards to new leaked material from the album.

32 minutes ago, 111 said:

i know you are wanting a clear answer but there's so much nuance and complexity to this sitation. there's already confusion and uncertainty around which leaks she was talking about on her videos, if her devices were stolen don't you think MOST if not ALL of her recent music was stolen? at that point, does it matter if the file actually comes from some other hack or from her laptop? those files don't exist in isolation, she probably thinks they all came from her and it is upsetting even though they may have been obtained prior to the theft and from somewhere else...

again using crazy for you as an example, if it were to leak now and she was made aware of it, of course it's not for an upcoming album but she would still see that and think it's connected to the theft if she had it on her laptop or her drive(s). so how do you decide if it's ok or not to listen to it? we know it's not from the theft, we know it's not for an upcoming album, but she might believe it came from the theft and feel bad that her songs and personal files are out there... would you still feel guilty or not? there's no clear cut answer to this situation...

I admit it's complex, but it would be possible to distinguish, for example, whether the leak happened due to some carelessness (such as an upload to the producer's website, i.e. the song went public for a short time) or whether there was a real criminal act behind it. Of course, the best thing would be not to listen to any of the songs at all.

1 hour ago, 111 said:

those files don't exist in isolation, she probably thinks they all came from her and it is upsetting even though they may have been obtained prior to the theft and from somewhere else...

This point stands out to me like.. I’m sure her physical possessions being stolen was scary for her but like she’s 100% far more bothered about her music being stolen. It doesn’t really matter where it was stolen from..

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

1 hour ago, 111 said:

My brain hurts

Anyway I agree that everyone can make the decision for themselves

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Some of the mental gymnastics in here... Leaks are not moral in any way shape or form, she hated when Black Beauty leaked through Rick's website, She hated when Best American Record leaked, she hated when an an 2009 song never to be touched again leaked, if you wanna be moral then don't listen to any of her leaked material!

Thank god my momma raised me with no morals tho, I'm gonna enjoy LDR9's outtake "Crazy For You" when it L-words!

:hottie:

8nl2OpX.png

A lot of this discussion is why I found it so baffling when people were mad at Lana for putting unreleased songs on Blue Banisters. Those are songs that she had a right to use as she pleased, and it’s not her fault that you already heard them when they initially leaked. It wasn’t like they were old songs released years and years ago that were then put on an album, which is how I felt a lot of people were acting. I think that inclusion of those previously unreleased tracks also adds somewhat of a flaw in the “well, it’s so old and it’s never gonna get released anyways” way of thinking (that I’m not gonna act like I haven’t subscribed to) because we’ve seen that it’s not entirely impossible despite the unlikeliness. It’s a super complicated and messy topic to discuss because there’s so much nuance to it. I don’t think a good majority of Lana fans can 100% say they’re fully against leaks either without coming off as hypocritical in a sense because unreleased tracks have become a huge part of her fan communities across all different platforms

imageproxy.jpg

19 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

A lot of this discussion is why I found it so baffling when people were mad at Lana for putting unreleased songs on Blue Banisters. Those are songs that she had a right to use as she pleased, and it’s not her fault that you already heard them when they initially leaked. It wasn’t like they were old songs released years and years ago that were then put on an album, which is how I felt a lot of people were acting. I think that inclusion of those previously unreleased tracks also adds somewhat of a flaw in the “well, it’s so old and it’s never gonna get released anyways” way of thinking (that I’m not gonna act like I haven’t subscribed to) because we’ve seen that it’s not entirely impossible despite the unlikeliness. It’s a super complicated and messy topic to discuss because there’s so much nuance to it. I don’t think a good majority of Lana fans can 100% say they’re fully against leaks either without coming off as hypocritical in a sense because unreleased tracks have become a huge part of her fan communities across all different platforms

the problem wasn't that they were included, people were mad because she used youtube rips and not actual masters. they should have been reproduced/finalised like Thunder, which people wasn't mad at and enjoyed the inclusion of with the new production. three 2013 songs ripped from youtube and thrown on the album is lazy. but this is definitely a different topic than what we were talking about anyways

1 hour ago, 111 said:

the problem wasn't that they were included, people were mad because she used youtube rips and not actual masters. they should have been reproduced/finalised like Thunder, which people wasn't mad at and enjoyed the inclusion of with the new production. three 2013 songs ripped from youtube and thrown on the album is lazy. but this is definitely a different topic than what we were talking about anyways

Exactly! Plus the fact that they stick out like a sour thumb and just the fact that Fine China could've possibly taken the spot of one of those mid songs...

But yeah....

8nl2OpX.png

1 hour ago, Super Movie said:

She added those songs as fillers let’s face it.  I don’t believe she added them because they had some special meaning to the album. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance