LDRO

Instagram Updates

1 hour ago, BlueINK said:

But remember that they also have access to Lana's phone, so they know who she is. Hence, they also must know whose laptop they have. Which is creepy because that means they kind of must have known her car or something and stalked her.
Or they did not know from the beginning, but looked through the stuff and realized wtf they're holding in their hands.

Or, another possibility: In the videos it sounded like the thief and the people hacking her phone were the same person(s), but maybe they actually aren't? Maybe both incidents have nothing to do with each other. I don't think so though.

That could be, BI. But while there are tens of thousands of hip people of all ages in LA, just as there are here in NYC, there are many tens of thousands more who are just regular folk, and may be crazed by drug addiction or hunger and thus more likely to sell it on the street.

Sure, someone who made an effort could figure it out, but there might be the ‘Lizzy’ or ‘Elizabeth’ names thrown about or used on emails, and that may confuse them enough. Hip or not, there are many smart and shrewd people, but again, many many more who are clueless and out of touch. I can think of a lot of performers today who I do not follow, and if I found their laptop, I would probably care less about what was on it, much less thinking about monetizing it or trying to. 

But a buyer or other party might know LDR and be able to leak or monetize its contents. 

I may be wrong, I am just looking at all possibilities. 

Thanks 

I wonder if they really are fully accessing her phone, or if she is just getting 2FA login requests which she hopefully denies. Exploits to remotely access an iPhone are extremely pricey and there is no way someone would waste them on a musician.

2 hours ago, i talk to jesus said:

i still do not believe they were youtube rips. i think it is just something fans made up to be overdramatic & unnecessarily angry. i honestly do not even notice them being noticeably lesser quality when i play the album. i think they blend in perfectly & the more time that passes i start to forget they were leaked songs. i also believe that these songs only leaked a couple years ago after years of being locked up bc lana probably moved them to a folder or email or something with the intention of finally using them. but i know fans will tell me both of these beliefs are wrong but whatever.

They're 100% youtube rips. Choose to believe it or not. There are several vinyl quality checking websites that commented on those 3 songs having very low quality. They are not fans or anything,they do not know why these songs are low quality. At the end, they didn't consider those 3 songs while rating the overall vinyl quality.

One example: https://magicvinyldigital.net/2021/11/13/lana-del-rey-blue-banisters-review-vinyl-streaming-amazon-music-qobuz/

Here it shows 3 tracks are lower quality in streaming services and also in vinyl.

"As can also be seen in the spectrograms below, tracks 12, 13 and 14 have a cutoff frequency of about 16 kHz (white arrow). This cutoff is abrupt, suggesting the use of a 32 kHz sampling frequency or a hard filter beyond 16 kHz." "*The tracks with a bandwidth limited to 16 kHz are not included in the overall score."

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

8 minutes ago, Thoth said:

They're 100% youtube rips. Choose to believe it or not. There are several vinyl quality checking websites that commented on those 3 songs having very low quality. They are not fans or anything,they do not know why these songs are low quality. At the end, they didn't consider those 3 songs while rating the overall vinyl quality.

One example: https://magicvinyldigital.net/2021/11/13/lana-del-rey-blue-banisters-review-vinyl-streaming-amazon-music-qobuz/

Here it shows 3 tracks are lower quality in streaming services and also in vinyl.

"As can also be seen in the spectrograms below, tracks 12, 13 and 14 have a cutoff frequency of about 16 kHz (white arrow). This cutoff is abrupt, suggesting the use of a 32 kHz sampling frequency or a hard filter beyond 16 kHz."

So messy... especially when 2 out of 3 songs already had their official wav files leaked at that point :ohmy:

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

Am I the only person that’s never listened to a leaked song/album before? For me I just don’t want to listen to something until the artist intends for it to be listened to. I like the waiting and the hype that comes with the new album. 

I'm really proud of her and moved that she recorded these messages, and especially that she chose to say something yesterday.

At the very moment that everyone was melting down over the SOTB leak, with the overall theme of commentary being that Lana had been used, insulted, or victimized in some way by Taylor, Lana showed up to explain in very direct and heartbreaking terms what it actually feels like to have your work taken from you, what the theft of art really feels like for the artist. In her case, a literal violent assault. It kinda puts the issue of her SOTB vocal mix in a different perspective - I doubt she's bothered by that all too much, but I do think she spoke at the time she did for a reason. In a way her statement yesterday actually defends Taylor - defends all artists - and maybe that was a part of it too. 

She had the courage to be that vulnerable and real, adding grounding perspective to the moment of mania we were all in.

4 hours ago, paradiso said:

this is our community's 9/11

4 hours ago, Pale Fire said:

Other than when we found out she was doing something for the soundtrack of the biggest show in the world & it ended up being a snooze

or when we found out she was working with the biggest pop star in the world and it ended up being fucking terrible

or when life is beautiful finally leaked and it wasn’t like the trailer and ended up being a let down / forgettable track after years of hype 

or when she talked about an unreleased compilation album and then never dropped it

Or when she said she was doing a covers album and never released it

Or when we found out she did an album with TLSP and never released it even though the songs we’ve heard from those sessions have been iconic (thunder, California)

or when we found out about a ton of supposedly amazing UV era (ha best) demos & outtakes and hoarders decided to never drop them

or when she didn’t do anything at all for the BTD 10th anniversary

or when she dropped Rick Knowles

but yeah period!

damn ma...

1 hour ago, gatadelrey said:

Am I the only person that’s never listened to a leaked song/album before? For me I just don’t want to listen to something until the artist intends for it to be listened to. I like the waiting and the hype that comes with the new album. 

Yes, I think you're probably the only person 

Good for you, though (serious not sarcasm)

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

it is really scary that not only does this person who robbed her have her prized possessions like songs, etc, but also photos and other private info kept on phones :/ 

i feel in other instances when her songs leaked and we listened to them, it was different becasue she wasn't outright and directly telling people please don't listen to these leaks. But this time she is making the choice to speak out and it is coming from her heart that she would respect if ppl left these alone and kept them private. So i think ppl should try their best to not indulge. 

something i am wondering about is why did she choose to now speak about this now, when it happened 3 (?) months ago. I know i saw one person saying that maybe she was reading lanaboards and saw something??

xo

1 hour ago, alittleparty said:

I'm really proud of her and moved that she recorded these messages, and especially that she chose to say something yesterday.

At the very moment that everyone was melting down over the SOTB leak, with the overall theme of commentary being that Lana had been used, insulted, or victimized in some way by Taylor, Lana showed up to explain in very direct and heartbreaking terms what it actually feels like to have your work taken from you, what the theft of art really feels like for the artist. In her case, a literal violent assault. It kinda puts the issue of her SOTB vocal mix in a different perspective - I doubt she's bothered by that all too much, but I do think she spoke at the time she did for a reason. In a way her statement yesterday actually defends Taylor - defends all artists - and maybe that was a part of it too. 

She had the courage to be that vulnerable and real, adding grounding perspective to the moment of mania we were all in.

applaud this!

7 hours ago, your dealer said:

I really have no problem not listening to leaks. My heart is absolutely broken for Lana especially cus of how much resistance and how many roadblocks she's faced in her career. I think she's made it pretty clear that the music leaking is very hurtful to her, and I hate to think about how we may have contributed to that. I cannot even grasp losing an entire book on top of all of this. I think it should be pretty easy to not share leaks and spread them. I really think the one thing that should be the easiest for us is to respect the artist we all love the most, the reason why this website exists. 

slay periodt 

ugh WHO tf would steal lana's computer and please tell me it wasn't ricky.

i feel so bad for her that she lost the entire book, omg.

i'm curious to why she posted this today tho when she said it was stolen months ago, that doesn't really help us now if we were to be able to help :/

Lana Del Rey, Maggie Lindemann, Banks, Melanie Martinez, & Taylor Momsen are my guardian angels 

1 hour ago, gatadelrey said:

I've listened to leaks, but I avoid listening to tracks which are confirmed to be on the album if they're leaking, partly to be respectful, partly because I like that experience you get when you listen to an album when it releases at midnight. I had heard Architecture/Best American Record, Nectar of the Gods, Thunder and others before the album releases though because they had leaked year(s) before and I assumed she'd never release them.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

4 hours ago, takemetothegasstation said:

Oh they're Youtube rips alright. We have the lossless Cherry Blossom and it's way higher quality than the one on the album.

Ok this is news to me, but I guess it kinda makes sense now when I think about it lol. I guess I haven't been much in the BB thread. That's honestly sad that they used youtube rips, I always thought they had the original/correct files saved somewhere.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

13 minutes ago, Carmen Del Rey said:

ugh WHO tf would steal lana's computer and please tell me it wasn't ricky.

i feel so bad for her that she lost the entire book, omg.

i'm curious to why she posted this today tho when she said it was stolen months ago, that doesn't really help us now if we were to be able to help :/

Ngl it crossed my mind but there's absolutely no evidence of that (and there are plenty of freaks who are exactly like him, just less open about it)

He allegedly had an entire account with pictures of her car (including numberplate) parked at various locations, so if that's true - not helpful

Just now, Rorman Nockwell said:

Definitely doesn't help that he allegedly had an entire account with pictures of her car (including numberplate) parked at various locations

omg WHAT :hdu: :ohno: Why would anyone think that's something okay to do????

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Just now, Rorman Nockwell said:

Ngl it crossed my mind but there's absolutely no evidence of that (and there are plenty of freaks who are exactly like him, just less open about it)

Definitely doesn't help that he allegedly had an entire account with pictures of her car (including numberplate) parked at various locations

dude i have so many photos that were sent to me of her truck and cars taken by HIM and how he apparently drives by her house every day. he is so scary. i hope nothing escalates. 

yeah deep down i don't think it's him, but that would be super messsed up to find out that it was....

Lana Del Rey, Maggie Lindemann, Banks, Melanie Martinez, & Taylor Momsen are my guardian angels 

7 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

omg WHAT :hdu: :ohno: Why would anyone think that's something okay to do????

It was deleted but my friend had a screenshot from it, and he was supposedly behind it

ETA okay nm it wasn't deleted