LDRO

Instagram Updates

24 minutes ago, mssainttropez said:

Basically, Lana isn’t glamorizing Black Dahlia’s murder. She’s paying homage to her because they started out the same. Black Dahlia had dreams of becoming an actress while Lana had dreams of becoming a singer. Early in their career, they both didn’t have a stable home. Rather than Black Dahlia being known as the girl who was gruesomely murdered, Lana wants to show that she had this dream every since she was little of becoming a Hollywood star. Her comment also implies that what happened to Black Dahlia could’ve happened to her and other women as well, but it didn’t. Since it didn’t happen, she’s going to continue living out her dreams and creating her legacy. 

26 minutes ago, fishtails said:

I think in Lana's comment she's saying that she (or any woman really) could have ended up just like the Black Dahlia

Elizabeth Short (the Black Dahlia) moved to Hollywood and was an aspiring actress, so I think Lana feels she relates to her in some ways. In fact, some of the rumors about Elizabeth Short said she was basically living on peoples couches, with no real home (much like Lana once did when she was a struggling musician)

There's a lot of parallels between them like that, the most obvious one being that both their names are Elizabeth lol

both of these are spot on imo! i don't see why people are already getting up in arms about it, it's no doubt a sensitive subject but like wait to see the video at least?

with her saying "meta black dahlia with a where do we go from here ending" it doesn't really sound Lana is gonna at all portray BD's death in this music video, the lyrics/storyline of Candy Necklace itself don't imply that either .. i have a feeling it could be very much like what Tarantino did with Sharon Tate in OUATIH you know? Give others a memory of her other than "that girl who got brutally murdered" 

1 minute ago, burthday kake said:

both of these are spot on imo! i don't see why people are already getting up in arms about it, it's no doubt a sensitive subject but like wait to see the video at least?

i just said this in the ocean blvd post release thread omg our minds bestie:trisha:<333

2 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

with her saying "with a where do we go from here ending" it doesn't really sound Lana is gonna at all portray BD's death in this music video, the lyrics/storyline of Candy Necklace itself doesn't imply that either .. i have a feeling it could be very much like what Tarantino did with Sharon Tate in OUATIH you know? Give others a memory of her other than "that girl who got brutally murdered" 

Thats what I'm thinking too, like Lana won't even show the murder...its possible the outfit is the only homage to Elizabeth Short too, like it might not even be that she's playing her as a character

Imagine if she also did something to honor Sharon Tate in this music video too...I think that would be so interesting!

1 hour ago, fishtails said:

Thats what I'm thinking too, like Lana won't even show the murder...its possible the outfit is the only homage to Elizabeth Short too, like it might not even be that she's playing her as a character

Imagine if she also did something to honor Sharon Tate in this music video too...I think that would be so interesting!

If we did get a little Sharon Tate homage I would cry. I absolutely adore Sharon and her work :oprah:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

3 hours ago, BartenderDeco said:

tbh that comment pisses me off so much cause i think one of the main reasons she deactivated her main was to escape the hate and have an account with only fans and love. i don’t want her to leave honeymoon cause people will start hating on that account too

whoops nvm it was on the lb account

Ok but American Horror Story, they also do a depiction of the back dalhia?? Any crime series ever dramatizing and profitong off of famous murders??????

3 hours ago, 111 said:

not her contacting Ellen and also commenting on the lanaboards insta hello? she better NOT type in lanaboards.com on her ipad is2g she'd quit music after witnessing the mental illnesses here... 90% of this website should NOT be seen by her :oprah2:

This ship has sailed cos she definitely reads here sometimes 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Sorry but this girl on ig was just trying to stir up drama, I bet she stays up all night watching true crime youtube videos and makes studying the "psyche" of serial killers her whole personality :eek: had to deal with a lot of them back when I was majoring in psychology. Like, eventually we study murders and forensic psychology, but some ppl just get so caught up in it, it's hella weird

I was mentally connecting her homage to Elizabeth Short with the part of Get Free where she sings about “I’m doin’ it for all of us” like Amy and Whitney and “all the birds of paradise who never got to fly” bc she could’ve died like them but didn’t. 

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

It depends how you do homages- honestly I do believe in artistic freedom so if it’s just a nod and a influence I think that’s great.

but at the same time-some of her relatives are still alive I believe 💀 and I’d be devastated to hear someone I’m related to is still being used for profit all these years later-not necessarily blaming Lana!

On 3/25/2023 at 4:27 PM, yourolllikethunder said:

I think I found the exact little cake jewelry boxes if anyone wants to buy one on etsy ❤️ saving up for a cherry one 😭🍒 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/FakesCakess

I actually bought 2 today for my birthday in 2 months, lol. One as pictured on her insta (Marie Antoinette in white/pink), and one in black/white with strawberries ("Gothic vintage"). 

It's funny though she chose a UK business instead of a similar US one. But FakeCakess surely has the cutest of them all, and Lana probably doesn't need to worry about shipping, taxes and customs, lol. 

It was expensive watch it 

On 3/25/2023 at 6:25 PM, Elle said:

Oh. My. God. 😭

screamingcryingthrowinguphelp x

9-D8-EC3-EA-05-E1-479-A-B9-D7-2-AA6-F7-FF86-DE

you deserved it queen. I'd die if this was me :lange::trisha:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Who wants to clog their arteries with me for $20s worth of Nutella and Bananas?

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

Just now, Surf Noir said:

nutella and bananas sound disgusting but you do you :oprah3:

wait omg Elle didn’t post it. Lana has a new smoothie at Mel’s. I agree tho not a fan of bananas. 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift